MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.5

Actuarial Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewer was a person who had previously gone through the same actuarial student process. Started off with standard questions about resume, then moved on to behavioral questions and finally on to some technical questions. The setting was fairly informal and friendly. Unfortunately they take a very long time to get back in touch, over 3 weeks before I heard either way

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you resolved a disagreement in a group situation.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a two-on-one interview. Brought resumes to the interview. One of the branch managers glanced over it and began with a scripted line of questions, followed by a small presentation of company stats. Obvious from the get-go that this was going to be a sales position. Huge emphasis on pushing insurance rather than security-related products. The direction is very much self-dependent on generating your own book of business outside of "their training" which mainly consists of Sandler.com stuff as well as some Brian Morgan sales literature. From the looks of it they are mainly reaching out to a clientele that is more middle-income. Interview was followed up by a psych test which tried to goad if you knew a lot of people. The process was smooth, timely, great office, just very sales intensive.

Interview Questions

• List 4 things that you want from a job?   1 Answer

No salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus, Basic questions regarding education. They wanted to see what kind of person you were, and if you could sell their products with confidence. Overall easy interview. More Sales, than i had expected, which is why I declined the offer. Large Fortune100 company though with a great reputation.

Entry Level Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

No skills needed. Looking for fresh graduates. Behavioral bases questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. 3 stage interview. However they will hire anyone who shows interest to work without pay.

Interview Questions

Can't work soley on commission. Would be a good side job.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Denver, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

First interview was mostly an introduction to the company and how they operate. Seemed like a genuine and very employee centered atmosphere. Explained in detail sales strategy, commission structure and benefits. They expect you to have a large friend/family (etc) base to begin your sales however are helpful in finding others. Their focus is on adding value to their clients and are dedicated to treating and providing the best service for each client. The company atmosphere seems very positive and conducive to growth.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working independently or with someone constantly "breathing down your back" ?   1 Answer

100% Commission based salary

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Applied online through monster, received a called for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview felt more like a presentation and took a personality questionnaire after the interview. Interview was only about getting to know you.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via phone, scheduled interview for next week. The interview questions were read from a packet which was filled out by the interviewer. Standard questions about resume, some unexpected.

Interview Questions

I wasn't comfortable with the weekly stipend as a means of compensation as it put too much pressure on selling products to prospective customers.

Customer Service - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Enfield, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

I received a call from a MassMutual recruiter regarding the call center position I had applied for. She was very upfront about the position, what it would entail, and what the timeline was. She also told me how much the position pays, what I would need as far as licensing, and what would be expected of me if hired. I had to take two computer assessment tests before being offered an interview. One was the standard personality test. The other was an "in-role" type test to gauge how well I would do in a call center type environment. Both took about 2-3 hours in total to complete. Once my scores were received I was offered an interview with the hiring manager and director. The interview was brief but informative. They covered what the first few months of the job would be like, what would need to be done in order to take the required licensing test, what the hours for the position are and how schedules are determined. Then there was the typical Q&A.

Interview Questions

• How would you adapt to a customer service role in a field you have little background in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I was told how much the compensation was before interviewing and had to accept that amount before being scheduled for an interview.

Claim Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

My initial contact was by telephone with a recruiter. This was then followed up with a skills test on-site. Received a call later that same afternoon requesting a in person interview with a Panel of four directors. The panel interview went well, although in hind site, they did not really answer questions about the department culture, choosing instead to focus on the corporate level.

Interview Questions

Interview

2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.