MassMutual

138 candidate interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was on campus and was only about 15 minutes asking about myself. The next interview was more of an orientation and they gave a 3 hour presentation on what the company was about. It was informative and after there was a 20 minute interview getting to know me.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions. Such as "why do you want to work for us?"   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – Very easy and straight forward.

Negotiation Details – Fair but insurance companies and agencies are notorious for low pay.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Question – First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview was relaxed, important key is to show confidence even if you have no sales experience. Show your ability to learn and excel in sales through various activities you have done in the past. Be confident and present yourself in a outgoing way. Mass Mutual focuses on maintaining long lasting relationships and keeping clients with the company for all financial needs. Do your research on the company and brush up on your communication skills and you should be fine.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Springfield, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1 HR and 3 managers. It is conversational based.

Interview Question – Why you want to switch career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not easy to negotiate.

Financial Service Professional Interview

Financial Service Professional

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in December 2011.

Interview Details – Originally i was contacted by a recruiter which scheduled me to do an interview.
- The first interview was pretty basic, explaining how the position worked, following up with some basic interview questions. I was told to complete a personality test online before continuing on to the next interview.
- The Second interview consisted of more questions. These questions were mainly geared towards the understanding of the position and the type of person you are. Seeking that you are a rational, logical, motivated, and someone who can take rejection.

Overall I found everyone to be very nice and professional. The atmosphere of the office made me feel very high up and prestige.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel i would be able to market myself after using all of my natural resources (family & friends)

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Interview Details – The company is very young and enthusiastic about opportunities they have for the right candidate. They emphasize consistently that there is no pay upfront but that if you stay in a few years there will be a lot of pay for less work. They pay for half of your insurance license and upon hired you are trained for 4 days before you bring clients in. Nice office. NIce work culture.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself in this position?   View Answer

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

Interview Details – Go through 4 interviews. They ask a lot of questions to try to get to know me. Not just work questions but life goals. I think its nice that they want to know how I am as a person to see how I will fit not only in the industry, but in the culture of the office.

Interview Question – What I can improve on   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Pretty self explanitory

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2011.

Interview Details – I needed to fill in a set of attitude questions, and also translate 2 paragraphs, one from chinese to english and the other one is from english to chinese
then , they asked me to introduce myself, and ask some detail about my extra curricular activities.
Also, they have asked why did I choose maths in the university and why do I want to be an actuary.

Interview Question – As you join so many extra curricular activities, what is the most memorable thing?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview is very tedious because this is a Sales position. The company is seeking qualified individuals who are sales people with very specific responsibilities.

Interview Question – How would you descibe yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is primarily a commission based job. You have to sale to get paid and sometimes underwriting determines your paycheck.