MassMutual

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.5

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Applied online through monster, received a called for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview felt more like a presentation and took a personality questionnaire after the interview. Interview was only about getting to know you.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2013.

I met with the recruiter in the Syosset office, Having experience in the field it was more like they where trying to bring me on board, and were selling the agency to me. I then met with the 2 General agents on different days and the position was offered to me. In all I met with 3 different people,

Interview Questions
    • none, they are trying to bring onboard experienced people so they are selling the agency to the interviewer.   View Answer

Actuarial Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

Interviewer was a person who had previously gone through the same actuarial student process. Started off with standard questions about resume, then moved on to behavioral questions and finally on to some technical questions. The setting was fairly informal and friendly. Unfortunately they take a very long time to get back in touch, over 3 weeks before I heard either way

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you resolved a disagreement in a group situation.   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in May 2010.

I was looking around in the industry and interviewed with MassMutual, Guardian, NYL, and Northwestern just to see what companies was the best. The interview processes are all the same, and I picked Northwestern out of the four because I thought they had the best training program.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual in August 2010.

The interview is very tedious because this is a Sales position. The company is seeking qualified individuals who are sales people with very specific responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    This is primarily a commission based job. You have to sale to get paid and sometimes underwriting determines your paycheck.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Applied through my school's career website. Contacted by recruiter about a week later. Setup an initial interview. I was then moved on to 2 more interviews and was offered the internship. Came in and signed the intern contract. Questions were nothing unexpected. A few situational interviews and asked about my background. I took the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

There are three interviews. The first interview be prepared to ask of the questions. The second interview is more formal. The interviewer will dig deeper to ensure you understand what type of job your are applying for and if you are a good fit. The third interview is a career presentation

Interview Questions
    • None, because you structured the interview for the most part. I was required to do an assignment at the end to get me familiar with networking with strangers.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

they called phone interview brought in next day

Interview Questions
    • typical questions where do see your self in 5 years   View Answer

did not like the guy interviewing me

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2014.

The interview process is very straight forward. I got a call from recruiter for set up a time for initial phone screen for about 15 mins. Then after phone screen on the next day i received an email stating next steps which was on-site 3 hr interview and then result.

Interview Questions
    • Ask for demo of one of my application that is listed on resume.   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in June 2010.

Submitted my Resume to a current agent. He forwarded it to the agency recruiter. He contacted me to take an online aptitude test, then interviewed with him for 2 hours. Interviewed with the sales manager, then with the general agent.. Had to pass a background check and credit check as well as obtain Life Insurance License at my own cost.

Zero negotiation.