MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.5

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied for this offer and got a call early the next morning by a recruiter. We set an appointment for an interview 2 days from then. I got a confirmation email and was told as I expected that the dress was business professional and to bring a copy of my resume. I was asked expected questions: who am I, what do I do with my time, explain how you have been successful at customer service, tell about your best accomplishment, etc. I was told that this was just a recruiter meeting and they will have to meet with the hiring manager before going further. I would be hearing back within 2 days. Midday on day 2 I got a call saying that the managers wanted to invite me to the next step which involves a seminar with a group to explain products, compensation, personal stories etc. I have prior engagements that I can't reschedule, and was informed that they don't know when the next opportunity to have the seminar will be.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual in May 2013.

Interview

The position has great commission potential. The interviewer was a great employee. He sat down with me twice and explained as much as I wanted to know about the company and the position. The interviewer was greatly interested in expanding the company and bringing in new employees. I ended up not taking the job because the position was all commission based, but it seemed like a well-run company and I have nothing negative to say about the company.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a sit down conversation instead of a full blown question type interview.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rockford, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

A four step process is standard. It includes a phone screening, an online screening, an 2/3 in person interviews. During the in person interviews you will most likely speak with a sales manager and somebody higher up in the company. I really enjoyed interviewing for them, because they do ask uncomfortable questions or some that might be seen as personal, and that is what makes for an interesting interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of success, because having a unique answer matters.   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Questions

• I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Thorough interview process, was interviewed by several senior managers, and was able to get a sense of the organization. Was impressed by principal interviewer who stayed with me the entire time.

Interview Questions

• What were my career aspirations. This was difficult as I was coming in as a contractor, and felt that I could do each one of their jobs....   1 Answer

Financial Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Houston, TX).

Interview

The entire interview process was rather seamless. All of the potential interns attended and information session to see if the opportunity was the right fit for them. Afterward, everyone scheduled his or her interview. Three interviewers chatted with each candidate on a variety of pertinent career topics. Finally, each person had to fill out a personality survey.

Financial Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

It wasn't a hard interview process. They mainly ask you about your background, work experience, and the skills you can contribute to the team. The financial advisors will use you as much as they could.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just be yourself.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Questions

• First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with-in a few days of submitting my resume. Simple questions, getting to know you. Then scheduled an in-person interview. Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected durring the process. Told me I needed to complete a personality test online and if I passed, then I would be called back for a 3rd and 4th interview. I did not pass the personality test. Not sure if I would have accepted the offer, seemed to heavy on commission and sales and how many contacts I have in the area.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Very easy interview process. This is a commission based sales position. All they are interested in is if you have basic math skills and if you are easy enough to be trained to make a sale. They would also want to know that you are very social and have plenty of contacts. The down side is that they dont pay until you get your licences which could be anywhere between 6-26 weeks. You have to pay for the study materials and the fees (about $ 250) and they reimburse you after you become a full time FPA.