MassMutual Interview Questions

2.6

Mmlisi Representative Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at MassMutual in April 2010.

Two stage interview. One on one with the HR guy, then a follow up interview with the department managers. Interview questions were basic- where do you see yourself in 5 years? how does your education apply to this career? etc.

Interview Questions
    • what was the hardest decision you have ever had to make in your professional life?   Answer Question
    none whatsoever, take it or leave it.

Financial Services Professional Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in November 2010.

Contacted by MassMutual Rep for a 1:1 interview after applying online. First interview was an overview of the company and products they offer, basic questions about myself (i.e. Do you have a large contact base, would you be willing to work off commission, etc...). Second interview consisted of a more in depth view of the company and systems/processes used to prospect and keep clients, and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If offered a position, do you believe that you will have a large enough contact base to begin prospecting ? (large enough meant at least 200)   View Answer

No base salary, commission only.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2011.

Met with hiring manage, interview lasted a little more than an hour. Explained how to job worked either got $30,000 base + 50% commission or no base salary and 90% commission of your sales. Not sure about sales positions myself, they make me a little nervous but I thought it might be worth a try. You only receive a small stipend for the 2 week training that you have to attend in San Antonio, TX that doesn't even cover your food for the time so the rest is out of your own pocket. No compensation for mileage or cell phone either.

SAP Basis Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2010.

Even though I was referred to the hiring manager by a mutual acquaintance, I was still asked to log onto the Mass Mutual web site and register myself into their system. Then from this site you have to select what job you are applying for and attach your resume. I just found all this odd. Not hard at all, just odd.
    I received a phone call from the HR rep who proceeded to screen me with standard interview questions: Are you currently working. Why are you looking to leave? Explain some of your current responsibilities etc etc. A follow up phone interview was scheduled with the Basis Team manager and their lead Basis Admin. Started off with one on one with the manager. She was very nice. Gave a quick review of their environment and what they were looking for. When the Lead joined the call (also very nice) he proceeded to ask some technical questions. It wasn't a grilling by any means. The tone of the interview was very cordial. Following this 2nd interview, the manager said she would speak to HR to set up a time for me to come visit the office and meet the rest of the team. No offer has been made, and i have yet to hear from HR.

Interview Questions
    • Give a specific example you providing leadership in your current role.   Answer Question
    • There were a couple of very detailed technical questions pertaining to parameter names and what the parameters affect in the OS   Answer Question

Tech Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2008.

Very short and straight forward.

Had to take a "personality test" that was primarily questions like "sometimes I feel hopeless" and asked if you agreed or disagreed. Yep.

There were two interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the general agent. Traditional interview with simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have familiarity with Access and Excel?   View Answer
    Able to negotiate pay a little as I also had finance experience. The more flexible you are the higher your value.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in April 2010.

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. In person interview consisted of behavioral questions and career goals. Met with CEO same day. People were open and friendly. After one on one inteview, I was asked to take a personality test. Test was followed by a phone call and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in this company in the next 4 years?   View Answer
    • What do you like about the company?   View Answer

No salary.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2011.

Had a phone interview. Questons they asked were why sales and why mass mutual. They also ask you to rank yourself from 1-10 in competitiveness. Seems like they use the same questions for all the interviews because allthe questions they asked, I've already seen on glassdoor. I think not having sales experience probably hurt me the most

Actuarial Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2011.

Interview consisted of four 1 on 1 interviews with actuaries and a lunch with two students in the program. Employees were very friendly and were down to earth people. The student program also seemed to be well organized. Questions on the interview were pretty standard and nothing too technical was asked.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be an actuary? Are you fully committed to taking all exams?   Answer Question

Mainly because of location in Springfield, MA. If the program had been closer to where I lived, I might have taken it.

Actuarial Student Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Enfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2011.

The interview consisted of four 1:1 interviews, all with actuaries from different departments. After the first two interviews, I had lunch with two Actuarial Students who recently became FSA's. The interviews on the whole were straight forward; one of the interviewers didn't even really ask me standard questions, we just ended up in a discussion about one of my volunteer experiences. The first 1:1 interview was 45 minutes, the other three were 30 minutes. A few business days later, someone from HR called me and told me that MassMutual would not pursue my application.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were part of a group and some of the other members were not contributing as much.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2011.

Interviewer called me. We talked for 20 minutes, then he invited me to his office. We had another interview. I was really interested in the position. However, I got a better job offer. They were very professional. Interview was easy.