MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was contacted within a day of posting on an internet job board. They were accommodating to my schedule for an interview with a follow up confirmation email. Everyone one was very nice and my interviewer was not intimidating at all. Luckily I did research on the job before going as they were not very informative on the day to day activities.
    Pros:
    Some sort of training that may be worth it.
    A stipend during training that may be decent money, they didn't provide a number
    Cons:
     You have to find your own customers through cold calling or friends.
    Post training, only commission.

Interview Questions

• Explain A time when you changed the mind of an authority figure.   Answer Question

I didn't feel I would learn enough or earn enough money to justify such a large time commitment.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Newport Beach, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Seemed very different from others. Only 3 interviews all less than 30 minutes of the company promoting themselves. No phone interview, no IQ test, only personality test and background check.

Seems like a great company but I received an offer from my dream job.

Agency Tech Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual (Riverside, RI).

Interview

Personal connection with prior tech manager

Interview Questions

• Nick, what style or method do you manage your personal office surroundings ... Guy was real Neat Freak..   1 Answer

Negotiation

Briefly discussed money and limited potential for full time hours

Career Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in July 2010.

Interview

Meet with the Marketing Director, the assistant VP, and the President.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Plenty of Risk and Opportunity

Financial Service Professional Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

They had me come in for multiple interviews/appointments over the course of a month. We had discussions and talks which were basically to judge my character and make sure I was personable and able to prospect for potential clients.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will be able to survive in this tough business?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Many different interviews, including a panel. Does not look like one person coordinated or talked woth others, about the candidates or the position. Left doubts who was running the place. Watch IT jobs, most IT jobs are in the business not in IT.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions, but since this company s not cost or schedule driven, I suggest ou talk about scope.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed for a few minutes with a representative. That same representative asked me to come in to MassMutual's office here locally and talk further. After everything was complete, I was asked to think about the position, look over the material presented, and if I thought it would be a good fit I could continue on with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

They were awful and promised a great career and compensation package in the interview process. BUT when given a job offer they could not offer any of the things they promised (any salary ALL commission), payment for required classes to be a personal wealth manager (insurance sales man)

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2011.

Interview

Responded to an add on Craigslist. The ad was from a recruiter hired by Mass Mutual. Met the recruiter at Starbucks, he set up the interview. Met the office manager, and had him sold on me in 2 minutes. The rest of the hour long meeting was him selling Mass Mutual to me.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual (Providence, RI) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview took about an hour and consisted on the recruiter telling me about how the management staffs' job was to work centers of influence and then plug and FA in to that market. Then he wen't on to talk a little bit about the pay outs and how they where so much better then all of the competitors in the area.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on groiwing your business?   1 Answer