MassMutual

Average Difficulty
136 candidate interviews

Actuarial Associate Interview

Actuarial Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of four 1 on 1 interviews with actuaries and a lunch with two students in the program. Employees were very friendly and were down to earth people. The student program also seemed to be well organized. Questions on the interview were pretty standard and nothing too technical was asked.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an actuary? Are you fully committed to taking all exams?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Mainly because of location in Springfield, MA. If the program had been closer to where I lived, I might have taken it.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was relaxed. The interviewer asked basic behavioral questions and why I wanted to intern for the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to intern for Mass Mutual?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – 3 very informal interviews; they just wanted to know how well I knew the area and how many names and phone numbers I could potentially add to their prospect list.

Interview Question – What is your opinion of insurance agents?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 40 hour weeks, unpaid, selling insurance sounded unpleasant.

Agent Interview

Agent
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MassMutual in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was great. The manager was kind and helpful in explaining the job description, potential to grow, all the pros and cons about the job. They also have you take a test on your personality to see if you would do well on the job. I think this might be helpful in some cases but not in all cases since people are all different and no test can give an accurate review of one's potential to success in a given job.

Interview Question – How much do you need to make per year starting this year if you were to start working for us? What are you looking for in life?   Answer Question

Finance Consultant Interview

Finance Consultant
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy process, pull you in for 4-5 "interviews" to basically string you along until they want to hire you.

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Recruiting Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was introduced to the Head Recruiter at a career fair and sparked up some great conversation. After some initial interest, I was told to email my resume for the position. About a 1-2 weeks later I heard back from the recruiter and has a simple phone interview. A couple days later I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Question – Why do I want this job?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2011.

Interview Details – Met with hiring manage, interview lasted a little more than an hour. Explained how to job worked either got $30,000 base + 50% commission or no base salary and 90% commission of your sales. Not sure about sales positions myself, they make me a little nervous but I thought it might be worth a try. You only receive a small stipend for the 2 week training that you have to attend in San Antonio, TX that doesn't even cover your food for the time so the rest is out of your own pocket. No compensation for mileage or cell phone either.

Interview Question – Why did you choose to attend (your University)?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2014.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a university career fair, he asked for my resume and contacted me a few weeks later. We interviewed at the university then later a couple of times at the office. The interviews were mainly to check for the right personality type. There was also a market survey process that was less stringent that the competitor Northwestern Mutual's. I recommend that if you do not enjoy the market survey 100%, do not take the job. The surveys should literally be the easiest thing in the world. If they stress you out at all, go do something else. Seriously.

Interview Question – What does the term "financial" mean to you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The office was located in a suburb, and I preferred to work in the city (I got another offer from a competitor in the city)

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2013.

Interview Details – Set up with the office administrator. I had two interviews with one of the two sales managers in the office. The first was a basic interview with generic questions, the second was more oriented towards explaining how the company works and giving me a tour of the office. The pay structure was also explained at the second interview, although it sounded much better than it is in reality.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult questions. The standard questions from any interview were there, such as "where do you see yourself in five years?", etc. In addition, I was given the link to a survey to take that ranks my potential sales ability on a scale of 1-5, with 5 showing great potential as a salesman and 1 implying that maybe you should look for another job. Although the manager said they don't choose to hire or not solely based on that survey, it apparently is given some weight.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – The interviewing process takes three to four steps. Initially, the recruiter wants to get to know you better, then the second interview goes onto more detail regarding the position.

Interview Question – none. the interview is more of a conversation   Answer Question