MassMutual

2.5

Career Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in June 2013.

Three interviews were required for the position. The expectation was that the applicant was sophisticated enough to wear full business dress, have a sense of social propriety, and be dignified and respectful. Sales and financial planning/advising experience was mandatory, although it wasn't so indicated in print or in the discussion. It quickly became apparent that management was looking for professionalism and good connections within the local community.

Interview Questions
    • "Whom do you know that will aid you in getting a quick start in building your practice?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Employee contract and working agreements were presented and signatures expected without explanation. Copies were promised but not received. When requested, copies were made and delivered.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Thorough interview process, was interviewed by several senior managers, and was able to get a sense of the organization. Was impressed by principal interviewer who stayed with me the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • What were my career aspirations. This was difficult as I was coming in as a contractor, and felt that I could do each one of their jobs....   View Answer

Intern (Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2010.

Phone interviewed followed with an on-site one, meeting directly with the hiring manager and lasted about 30min before being introduced in great detail of the operations. Mostly behavioral interview about past experience dealing with customers. Expect some training after the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see about the current market? Do you have any financial investments?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MassMutual.

Was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial interview with him. 2nd interview was with two different directors. One was not in a good mood and the interview did not go as well as it could have.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Initially I was contacted via LinkedIn. From there I went into the office for a face to face interview with a sales manager. After that there was a second interview where i met with other administrative staffers to assess my personality/suitability. The final interview was with the Agency President. During this meeting I presented a marketing plan as well as a vision statement.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult aspect was constructing a marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Had initial phone interview, about a week or so later got called in for an in-person interview. Talked a lot about his experience, and why he came to Mass Mutual. (Interviewer had previously spent 18 yrs at Northwestern Mutual and I wanted know why he switched over- I had also interviewed with NWM before). Went over resume. Was sent a behavior/personality test afterwards, came back and we went over my results, got more info about company/job details, and decided not to continue since I would have to stay in my current city and I am looking to relocate.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What made you want to apply here?   Answer Question

Financial Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at MassMutual in June 2010.

It wasn't a hard interview process. They mainly ask you about your background, work experience, and the skills you can contribute to the team. The financial advisors will use you as much as they could.

Just be yourself.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

One phone interview, followed by personality test. Once the personality test comes back as a match then another phone interview. If that goes well you meet in person and the offer is made. After background check and a few other little things you're set.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing seemed too difficult, just be yourself and everything will be fine.   Answer Question

Better Job Offer

Exploratory for Actuary Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

very efficient; great candidate experience

Interview Questions
    • Focus on technical skills based on the job qualifications   View Answer
    Recruiter was very good to work with. Transparent and genuine. Recruiter prepped me for interviews so I knew who I was speaking with a bit of their background.

Finance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2013.

Very easy process, pull you in for 4-5 "interviews" to basically string you along until they want to hire you.