MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.5

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

Found the job through a recruiting agency that presented me to Mass Mutual. This was a contract to perm offer. I had a sequence of two phone interviews that asked about my technical background and experience. They appeared mostly interested in my application experience and less so about my technical background. They hired me over the phone at the end of the second phone call, which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had experience with hierarchical sales structures. Coincidentally, I had a few experiences with similar agent marketing structures. That might have been what landed the job. There were zero technical questions by the agency or Mass Mutual. This might depend on the department you apply with and their perception of your experience.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process was broke into two parts . Two face to face interviews, followed by personality tests. Once the tests were taken a Sales Manager contacted myself to discuss this test.

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult part of the interview was filling an excel sheet with 200 people. This would be your market you would contact the first few weeks working for MassMutual   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with 4 different interviewers for a half hour each, no time in between interviews. Low pressure, interviewers were not out to get you. Each had a specified set of questions to ask, mainly about how you would handle a certain problem or situation. They were eager to answer questions and turn it more into a conversation than in interview. Heard back the next morning, was asked about my availability and salary requirements, and then received an offer later the same day.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate an employee who did not share your goals or the goals of a project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. Contacted by recruiter about a week later. Setup an initial interview. I was then moved on to 2 more interviews and was offered the internship. Came in and signed the intern contract. Questions were nothing unexpected. A few situational interviews and asked about my background. I took the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy because it is a commission based job. The most interactive part of the interview was when manager asked me to fill out 10 questionnaires by asking people what they think about the financial service industry. I found out that these 10 people I asked to fill out the questionnaires would be my potential clients.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would have difficulty selling my family life insurance.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2013.

Interview

I met with the recruiter in the Syosset office, Having experience in the field it was more like they where trying to bring me on board, and were selling the agency to me. I then met with the 2 General agents on different days and the position was offered to me. In all I met with 3 different people,

Interview Questions

• none, they are trying to bring onboard experienced people so they are selling the agency to the interviewer.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MassMutual in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via phone, scheduled interview for next week. The interview questions were read from a packet which was filled out by the interviewer. Standard questions about resume, some unexpected.

Interview Questions

I wasn't comfortable with the weekly stipend as a means of compensation as it put too much pressure on selling products to prospective customers.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward. I got a call from recruiter for set up a time for initial phone screen for about 15 mins. Then after phone screen on the next day i received an email stating next steps which was on-site 3 hr interview and then result.

Interview Questions

• Ask for demo of one of my application that is listed on resume.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Not like the typical interview. the manager was mostly chatting with candidates.He called me for an interview after I submit my application online and get a second interview right in the middle of the first one.

Interview Questions

• What business would you like to do if you don't have to worry about the money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Walnut Creek, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I serendipitously connected with a mutual friend who closely works with a top-producing adviser. He badgered me for 3-4 months while I was in my last academic year at a CSU to consider a "position" at a financial services firm with which he was contracted. I agreed to meet with the senior partner at a office headquarters for the initial meeting. The meeting lasted for over 30 minutes. The senior partner got to know me, and I became familiarized with MassMutual dynamics. We followed up with a 2nd interview a week or two later. He was happy to endorse me, and set me up with a meeting between myself and my sales manager. I was offered a contract 3 weeks from the initial meeting with the senior partner.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • How will you attain your own clients?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable