MassMutual

Average Difficulty
138 candidate interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2011.

Interview Details – Got the interview after visiting the rep from the company during the career fair in college. At the first, it sounded really exciting, They told us that we could make a great fortune out of this. So i interviewed. The interview process was pretty standard just like any other interviews. They tell you what you need to do to become qualified in the company.

Interview Question – Have you had any conflicts with your manager or co-workers? How do you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

General Accounting Interview

General Accounting

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter for a position at MassMutual in Springfield. The interviews went very well and I was led to believe that an offer would be made. At the last minute, they decided to hire from within and this has been a problem with several clients. It seems that most companies are hiring from within (even if the candidate is less qualified), so that they won't have to pay any recruiters. Don't waste your time.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Marketing Consultant
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2011.

Interview Details – After I applied online for the marketing associate position I got a call from the recruiter at the office and was told that the job entailed a couple of things that I was unable to do. However, I was told that there was a financial advisor position available if I was interested. I accepted the offer and went in for my initial interview, which went well. I then had to take a personality test online.
After a couple of more interviews and after obtaining my Life, Accident & Health License I got an offer that stated that I have to meet a quota before getting an option of choosing a declining base salary, which I was told was an option from the beginning.
The people in the office are very nice friendly and helpful and the office is laid out very well. The only thing to watch out for, as I said before, is the fact that they don't offer a base salary until you meet a quota.

Interview Question – Do you find it difficult to talk to and meet new people?   View Answer

Insurance Interview

Insurance

The process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was very good. The people I met were very friendly and helpful. The office was nicely structured, and everyone seemed very professional. The interview lasted thirty minutes, and was very informative. I decided the position was not for me, and did not continue on to the next level. I did not receive an offer.

Interview Question – Describe any sales experience you have.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews. First was technical but not to hard. Asked about past work experience and responsibilities. Second was more behavioral.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process. This is a commission based sales position. All they are interested in is if you have basic math skills and if you are easy enough to be trained to make a sale. They would also want to know that you are very social and have plenty of contacts. The down side is that they dont pay until you get your licences which could be anywhere between 6-26 weeks. You have to pay for the study materials and the fees (about $ 250) and they reimburse you after you become a full time FPA.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – Phone interview first then an in-house interview meeting with number of people. They were all very friendly.

Interview Question – None, they all pretty straight forward questions   View Answer

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2011.

Interview Details – Before you can sell they want to first make sure you have your Life and Health Insurance License. And even after that you have two sit for about 2 weeks for training to make sure you say exactly, word for word, their sales language when you are infront of someone.

Interview Question – You have to compile a list of 200 people that you will call on for your first sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable financing.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview is a two step process: first, a one on one interview with the recruiter followed by an online personality test, and second, a one on one interview with the sales manager. The interview is straight forward and professional. They are very clear about the challenging nature of a job as an insurance salesman, especially for a recent college graduate who most likely does not have a large client base, which is an essential part of the job.

Interview Questions

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst
Springfield, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was good, management changed too much and upper management not intune with their workers.

Interview Question – The management can sometimes be too hard to work with   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were helpful in the negotiations and fair