MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2011.

I needed to fill in a set of attitude questions, and also translate 2 paragraphs, one from chinese to english and the other one is from english to chinese
    then , they asked me to introduce myself, and ask some detail about my extra curricular activities.
    Also, they have asked why did I choose maths in the university and why do I want to be an actuary.

Interview Questions
    • As you join so many extra curricular activities, what is the most memorable thing?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2010.

The interview is very tedious because this is a Sales position. The company is seeking qualified individuals who are sales people with very specific responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    This is primarily a commission based job. You have to sale to get paid and sometimes underwriting determines your paycheck.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2011.

Got the interview after visiting the rep from the company during the career fair in college. At the first, it sounded really exciting, They told us that we could make a great fortune out of this. So i interviewed. The interview process was pretty standard just like any other interviews. They tell you what you need to do to become qualified in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any conflicts with your manager or co-workers? How do you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

General Accounting Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in November 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a position at MassMutual in Springfield. The interviews went very well and I was led to believe that an offer would be made. At the last minute, they decided to hire from within and this has been a problem with several clients. It seems that most companies are hiring from within (even if the candidate is less qualified), so that they won't have to pay any recruiters. Don't waste your time.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2011.

After I applied online for the marketing associate position I got a call from the recruiter at the office and was told that the job entailed a couple of things that I was unable to do. However, I was told that there was a financial advisor position available if I was interested. I accepted the offer and went in for my initial interview, which went well. I then had to take a personality test online.
    After a couple of more interviews and after obtaining my Life, Accident & Health License I got an offer that stated that I have to meet a quota before getting an option of choosing a declining base salary, which I was told was an option from the beginning.
    The people in the office are very nice friendly and helpful and the office is laid out very well. The only thing to watch out for, as I said before, is the fact that they don't offer a base salary until you meet a quota.

Interview Questions
    • Do you find it difficult to talk to and meet new people?   View Answer

Insurance Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2011.

The interviewing process was very good. The people I met were very friendly and helpful. The office was nicely structured, and everyone seemed very professional. The interview lasted thirty minutes, and was very informative. I decided the position was not for me, and did not continue on to the next level. I did not receive an offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2012.

Two interviews. First was technical but not to hard. Asked about past work experience and responsibilities. Second was more behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Very easy interview process. This is a commission based sales position. All they are interested in is if you have basic math skills and if you are easy enough to be trained to make a sale. They would also want to know that you are very social and have plenty of contacts. The down side is that they dont pay until you get your licences which could be anywhere between 6-26 weeks. You have to pay for the study materials and the fees (about $ 250) and they reimburse you after you become a full time FPA.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MassMutual.

Phone interview first then an in-house interview meeting with number of people. They were all very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • None, they all pretty straight forward questions   View Answer

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2011.

Before you can sell they want to first make sure you have your Life and Health Insurance License. And even after that you have two sit for about 2 weeks for training to make sure you say exactly, word for word, their sales language when you are infront of someone.

Interview Questions
    • You have to compile a list of 200 people that you will call on for your first sales.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable financing.