MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.5

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MassMutual (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed for a few minutes with a representative. That same representative asked me to come in to MassMutual's office here locally and talk further. After everything was complete, I was asked to think about the position, look over the material presented, and if I thought it would be a good fit I could continue on with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

They were awful and promised a great career and compensation package in the interview process. BUT when given a job offer they could not offer any of the things they promised (any salary ALL commission), payment for required classes to be a personal wealth manager (insurance sales man)

Sales Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2011.

Interview

Responded to an add on Craigslist. The ad was from a recruiter hired by Mass Mutual. Met the recruiter at Starbucks, he set up the interview. Met the office manager, and had him sold on me in 2 minutes. The rest of the hour long meeting was him selling Mass Mutual to me.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual (Exton, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. In person interview consisted of behavioral questions and career goals. Met with CEO same day. People were open and friendly. After one on one inteview, I was asked to take a personality test. Test was followed by a phone call and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this company in the next 4 years?   1 Answer
    • What do you like about the company?   1 Answer

No salary.

Actuarial Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of four 1 on 1 interviews with actuaries and a lunch with two students in the program. Employees were very friendly and were down to earth people. The student program also seemed to be well organized. Questions on the interview were pretty standard and nothing too technical was asked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an actuary? Are you fully committed to taking all exams?   Answer Question

Mainly because of location in Springfield, MA. If the program had been closer to where I lived, I might have taken it.

Tech Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Dallas, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Very short and straight forward. Had to take a "personality test" that was primarily questions like "sometimes I feel hopeless" and asked if you agreed or disagreed. Yep. There were two interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the general agent. Traditional interview with simple questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have familiarity with Access and Excel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to negotiate pay a little as I also had finance experience. The more flexible you are the higher your value.

Mmlisi Representative Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

Two stage interview. One on one with the HR guy, then a follow up interview with the department managers. Interview questions were basic- where do you see yourself in 5 years? how does your education apply to this career? etc.

Interview Questions

• what was the hardest decision you have ever had to make in your professional life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none whatsoever, take it or leave it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MassMutual in July 2010.

Interview

The interview was relaxed. The interviewer asked basic behavioral questions and why I wanted to intern for the company.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Questons they asked were why sales and why mass mutual. They also ask you to rank yourself from 1-10 in competitiveness. Seems like they use the same questions for all the interviews because allthe questions they asked, I've already seen on glassdoor. I think not having sales experience probably hurt me the most

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in November 2010.

Interview

Contacted by MassMutual Rep for a 1:1 interview after applying online. First interview was an overview of the company and products they offer, basic questions about myself (i.e. Do you have a large contact base, would you be willing to work off commission, etc...). Second interview consisted of a more in depth view of the company and systems/processes used to prospect and keep clients, and an offer.

Interview Questions

• If offered a position, do you believe that you will have a large enough contact base to begin prospecting ? (large enough meant at least 200)   1 Answer

No base salary, commission only.