MassMutual

2.5

Tech Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2008.

Very short and straight forward.

Had to take a "personality test" that was primarily questions like "sometimes I feel hopeless" and asked if you agreed or disagreed. Yep.

There were two interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the general agent. Traditional interview with simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have familiarity with Access and Excel?   View Answer
    Able to negotiate pay a little as I also had finance experience. The more flexible you are the higher your value.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2010.

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. In person interview consisted of behavioral questions and career goals. Met with CEO same day. People were open and friendly. After one on one inteview, I was asked to take a personality test. Test was followed by a phone call and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in this company in the next 4 years?   View Answer
    • What do you like about the company?   View Answer

No salary.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2011.

Had a phone interview. Questons they asked were why sales and why mass mutual. They also ask you to rank yourself from 1-10 in competitiveness. Seems like they use the same questions for all the interviews because allthe questions they asked, I've already seen on glassdoor. I think not having sales experience probably hurt me the most

Actuarial Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2011.

Interview consisted of four 1 on 1 interviews with actuaries and a lunch with two students in the program. Employees were very friendly and were down to earth people. The student program also seemed to be well organized. Questions on the interview were pretty standard and nothing too technical was asked.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be an actuary? Are you fully committed to taking all exams?   Answer Question

Mainly because of location in Springfield, MA. If the program had been closer to where I lived, I might have taken it.

Actuarial Student Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in May 2011.

The interview consisted of four 1:1 interviews, all with actuaries from different departments. After the first two interviews, I had lunch with two Actuarial Students who recently became FSA's. The interviews on the whole were straight forward; one of the interviewers didn't even really ask me standard questions, we just ended up in a discussion about one of my volunteer experiences. The first 1:1 interview was 45 minutes, the other three were 30 minutes. A few business days later, someone from HR called me and told me that MassMutual would not pursue my application.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were part of a group and some of the other members were not contributing as much.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in March 2011.

Interviewer called me. We talked for 20 minutes, then he invited me to his office. We had another interview. I was really interested in the position. However, I got a better job offer. They were very professional. Interview was easy.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in July 2010.

The interview was relaxed. The interviewer asked basic behavioral questions and why I wanted to intern for the company.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in March 2012.

I met the rep at a job fair at my school. He contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview he contacted me for an in person interview after which he sent me a personality test. I took the personality test and then the rep called me for a in person second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a conflict you have had with a past employer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Because I decided that a job in sales is not for me.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nå (Norway)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nå (Norway)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in September 2012.

4 interviews. All easy and pretty standard. It seems like they don't hire you until you ask to be hired or ask what the next steps are to starting at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Took a survey online that statistically guessed that I would not be very successful that the position. As a matter of fact it was correct, I was not very successful at the time because I was uncomfortable on the phone   View Answer
    Here's what you are going to get paid if each type of insurance sale: $X, $Y, $Z. If you do joint work you get 1/2. You get this amount for residuals per year $xx.xx

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

I received my initial interview through a connection from my university. The phone interview was basic. The in-person interview was with ten or so different people from throughout the company. Most interviews weren't too intense.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest struggle you have gone through and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Potential offer at GEICO