MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

Interview

A local agency partner found my resume that I posted on an internet job board and called me. The initial correspondence of a phone call and subsequent text messages were a bit unusual to me (who has no experience in sales). Fresh out of college with my masters, I decided to come in and speak the MassMutual agent. Mostly, the MassMutual agent spoke about how the firm uses the software LEAP and he wants me to sell this product. The agent seemed very excited about this new program (LEAP, which is a multifaceted cash flow manager) and tells me all the great shining things about the products, company, and opportunities (I'd be making a lot of money -- he just didn't say when I would be making that money. Plus, all commission based pay) - rough sledding for a recent college grad with some to pay for a student loan. This informational interview proceeded for about an hour. Overall, I perceived the local agent as a person that is not a greedy insurance peddler, but I only had one meeting. I was offered to start right away.

Interview Questions

• Very unorthodox meeting (wouldn't even call it an interview). Basically, I was given a brief tutorial about the software and was given tutorial of the agency philosophy. Then, I was asked my thoughts and what did I expect.   Answer Question

As a graduate student, I had only been out on the market for two weeks, and I was hesitant to take a commission based salary.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

Interview

I applied via campus recruiting at my school and got an interview after a quick phone screen. Then I had to simply go in and interview. The interviewer was very nice to me. With the nature of the internship being social, the interview reflected that--very conversational. All the questions were standard internship questions. Nothing too crazy. Make sure that you are good at holding a conversation and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly difficult questions. Typical Strength, weakness question was present. Describe a time you had to multi-task was also one.   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Questions

• I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Interview

3 interviews. One with recruiter, one with partner, one with general agent.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Since I was an internal higher, it was very easy to schedule with the interview sales manager and Senior Internal Wholesaler. The interview, a.k.a meeting was suppose to be for 45 minutes and we ended up chatting for an hour and a half. Both were very promising and assured tons of room for career advancement.

Interview Questions

• "If you were a truck driver, what would you be carrying?"
      "Which Hollywood actor best resembles you?"

Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate and never settle for the first offer! I was able to get more then they offered but not where I wanted to be.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Roseville, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very lax hiring process, met with one manager who was very friendly there were no behavioral baed questions more of just a conversation getting to know me.

Interview Questions

Decided not interested in selling insurance

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual (Orange, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, not many questions. It was mainly asking if you wanted to do it. Commission based pay. Let me repeat Commission based pay. They seem like they will hire anybody.

Pay can be good if you can sell a lot of plans.

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple. Just a personality test- can you sell something?   1 Answer

Other offers on the table that were more appealing came up.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Pasadena, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very simple interview, the first interview it focuses on getting to know you and taking a personality exam. The second interview they talk to you about the project 200 an the expectation that you will be calling them in regard to making sales. The third and last interview focuses on compensation and I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable selling to friends and family   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied for this offer and got a call early the next morning by a recruiter. We set an appointment for an interview 2 days from then. I got a confirmation email and was told as I expected that the dress was business professional and to bring a copy of my resume. I was asked expected questions: who am I, what do I do with my time, explain how you have been successful at customer service, tell about your best accomplishment, etc. I was told that this was just a recruiter meeting and they will have to meet with the hiring manager before going further. I would be hearing back within 2 days. Midday on day 2 I got a call saying that the managers wanted to invite me to the next step which involves a seminar with a group to explain products, compensation, personal stories etc. I have prior engagements that I can't reschedule, and was informed that they don't know when the next opportunity to have the seminar will be.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Questions

• First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question