MassMutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Consultant Interview

Marketing Consultant
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2011.

Interview Details – After I applied online for the marketing associate position I got a call from the recruiter at the office and was told that the job entailed a couple of things that I was unable to do. However, I was told that there was a financial advisor position available if I was interested. I accepted the offer and went in for my initial interview, which went well. I then had to take a personality test online.
After a couple of more interviews and after obtaining my Life, Accident & Health License I got an offer that stated that I have to meet a quota before getting an option of choosing a declining base salary, which I was told was an option from the beginning.
The people in the office are very nice friendly and helpful and the office is laid out very well. The only thing to watch out for, as I said before, is the fact that they don't offer a base salary until you meet a quota.

Interview Question – Do you find it difficult to talk to and meet new people?   View Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Springfield, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1 HR and 3 managers. It is conversational based.

Interview Question – Why you want to switch career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not easy to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Service Professional Interview

Financial Service Professional
Jacksonville, FL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2011.

Interview Details – They had me come in for multiple interviews/appointments over the course of a month. We had discussions and talks which were basically to judge my character and make sure I was personable and able to prospect for potential clients.

Interview Question – What makes you think you will be able to survive in this tough business?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview is very tedious because this is a Sales position. The company is seeking qualified individuals who are sales people with very specific responsibilities.

Interview Question – How would you descibe yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is primarily a commission based job. You have to sale to get paid and sometimes underwriting determines your paycheck.

Actuarial Student Program Interview

Enfield, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of four 1:1 interviews, all with actuaries from different departments. After the first two interviews, I had lunch with two Actuarial Students who recently became FSA's. The interviews on the whole were straight forward; one of the interviewers didn't even really ask me standard questions, we just ended up in a discussion about one of my volunteer experiences. The first 1:1 interview was 45 minutes, the other three were 30 minutes. A few business days later, someone from HR called me and told me that MassMutual would not pursue my application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were part of a group and some of the other members were not contributing as much.   Answer Question
  • What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward phone interview asking about your interest in MassMutual followed by a basic interview reviewing your background and the ways things work at MM. 2nd interview goes more in depth about how things actually work and how you rope clients in with the Recruiter. Declined the third interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Uncomfortable with hugely commission based job and having to constantly be looking to bring in clients.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter and conducted a phone interview the next day. After phone interview was asked to a 1:1 meeting with recruiter. After 1:1 meeting, asked to take Personality test, conduct a Market Inventory Survey and Watering Hole/Hangout survey. Asked to 3rd interview and met with Hiring Manager/Recruiter.

Interview Question – What was a challenging situation you had with a customer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Felt very uneasy about a purely commission-based position.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my Resume to a current agent. He forwarded it to the agency recruiter. He contacted me to take an online aptitude test, then interviewed with him for 2 hours. Interviewed with the sales manager, then with the general agent.. Had to pass a background check and credit check as well as obtain Life Insurance License at my own cost.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2011.

Interview Details – Went in and met with recruiting director who told me about the job and pay structure. was sent a personality test to take online which basically evaluated if you were a good fit for a sales job. Got called in for a second interview with a senior person who spoke more in depth about the job and about selling insurance. they wanted me to complete a spreadsheet about potential leads for myself based on my network and ask people what they thought about financial advisors/insurance sales. Said I would be back for a 3rd interview the following week which we set up at the 2nd interview.

Interview Question – what do you think about insurance salesmen?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – didn't want to sell linsurance

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Providence, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview took about an hour and consisted on the recruiter telling me about how the management staffs' job was to work centers of influence and then plug and FA in to that market. Then he wen't on to talk a little bit about the pay outs and how they where so much better then all of the competitors in the area.

Interview Question – How do you plan on groiwing your business?   View Answer