MassMutual

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

SAP Basis Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA
Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in June 2010.

Even though I was referred to the hiring manager by a mutual acquaintance, I was still asked to log onto the Mass Mutual web site and register myself into their system. Then from this site you have to select what job you are applying for and attach your resume. I just found all this odd. Not hard at all, just odd.
I received a phone call from the HR rep who proceeded to screen me with standard interview questions: Are you currently working. Why are you looking to leave? Explain some of your current responsibilities etc etc. A follow up phone interview was scheduled with the Basis Team manager and their lead Basis Admin. Started off with one on one with the manager. She was very nice. Gave a quick review of their environment and what they were looking for. When the Lead joined the call (also very nice) he proceeded to ask some technical questions. It wasn't a grilling by any means. The tone of the interview was very cordial. Following this 2nd interview, the manager said she would speak to HR to set up a time for me to come visit the office and meet the rest of the team. No offer has been made, and i have yet to hear from HR.

Interview Questions
  • Give a specific example you providing leadership in your current role.   Answer Question
  • There were a couple of very detailed technical questions pertaining to parameter names and what the parameters affect in the OS   Answer Question