MassMutual Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Walnut Creek, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I serendipitously connected with a mutual friend who closely works with a top-producing adviser. He badgered me for 3-4 months while I was in my last academic year at a CSU to consider a "position" at a financial services firm with which he was contracted. I agreed to meet with the senior partner at a office headquarters for the initial meeting. The meeting lasted for over 30 minutes. The senior partner got to know me, and I became familiarized with MassMutual dynamics. We followed up with a 2nd interview a week or two later. He was happy to endorse me, and set me up with a meeting between myself and my sales manager. I was offered a contract 3 weeks from the initial meeting with the senior partner.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • How will you attain your own clients?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A couple of phone conversations and in person conversations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not an option

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Questions

• First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I met the rep at a job fair at my school. He contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview he contacted me for an in person interview after which he sent me a personality test. I took the personality test and then the rep called me for a in person second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you have had with a past employer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Because I decided that a job in sales is not for me.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The company is very young and enthusiastic about opportunities they have for the right candidate. They emphasize consistently that there is no pay upfront but that if you stay in a few years there will be a lot of pay for less work. They pay for half of your insurance license and upon hired you are trained for 4 days before you bring clients in. Nice office. NIce work culture.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

There were 5 interviews I went through. Here's how it went. Phone Interview: They asked me a bunch of questions about why I wanted to be in this industry. They gave me some information about the position. What they did. How a day is like as an advisor. Pretty informative discussion. 1st Interview. They dug in about what I did in the past and what my skills were like. Talked about what my plans were and found out more about the business. I got much more information at this interview too. I liked how they were detailed about the questions, yet very helpful with answering mine too. Very straight forward. They didn't dance around with what i wanted to know. 2nd Interview. Questions were harder. Got to know each other much more. At this point I felt like it was a really good fit for me because I knew what I was getting into. 3rd Interview. I was to do a business plan for this career. Took a lot of time, but it was really good. Made me learn about what I was getting into and more about myself. Made me visualize this industry a lot better. Really glad I did it not just for the interview but for myself too. 4th Interview. Probably the deepest interview in regards to getting to know my life. Business and personal stuff. Talked about what made me who I am today. Talked about what I wanted in the future. Got to really know more about the company. Felt really good about it.

Interview Questions

• Asking about my business plan for my future. Thought it might be easy to answer, but I never interviewed at a place where they cared about my personal lifestyle too. Too me I was thrown off, but I liked the fact that they cared about what my life goals were.   Answer Question

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

After I applied online for the marketing associate position I got a call from the recruiter at the office and was told that the job entailed a couple of things that I was unable to do. However, I was told that there was a financial advisor position available if I was interested. I accepted the offer and went in for my initial interview, which went well. I then had to take a personality test online. After a couple of more interviews and after obtaining my Life, Accident & Health License I got an offer that stated that I have to meet a quota before getting an option of choosing a declining base salary, which I was told was an option from the beginning. The people in the office are very nice friendly and helpful and the office is laid out very well. The only thing to watch out for, as I said before, is the fact that they don't offer a base salary until you meet a quota.

Interview Questions

• Do you find it difficult to talk to and meet new people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Pretty straight forward phone interview asking about your interest in MassMutual followed by a basic interview reviewing your background and the ways things work at MM. 2nd interview goes more in depth about how things actually work and how you rope clients in with the Recruiter. Declined the third interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

Uncomfortable with hugely commission based job and having to constantly be looking to bring in clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter and conducted a phone interview the next day. After phone interview was asked to a 1:1 meeting with recruiter. After 1:1 meeting, asked to take Personality test, conduct a Market Inventory Survey and Watering Hole/Hangout survey. Asked to 3rd interview and met with Hiring Manager/Recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging situation you had with a customer?   Answer Question

Felt very uneasy about a purely commission-based position.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

They initially contacted me after finding my resume on Career Builder. The first interview consisted of a 2:1 face to face interview. The second round was at their headquarters in Walnut Creek and with the Contracting and Licensing Coordinator. The third round is with the team. Questions included: Why Finance? , What can you tell us that you do outside of your resume?, What are your strengths?, What is one weakness you have?