MassMutual

2.5

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Found the job through a recruiting agency that presented me to Mass Mutual. This was a contract to perm offer. I had a sequence of two phone interviews that asked about my technical background and experience. They appeared mostly interested in my application experience and less so about my technical background. They hired me over the phone at the end of the second phone call, which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I had experience with hierarchical sales structures. Coincidentally, I had a few experiences with similar agent marketing structures. That might have been what landed the job. There were zero technical questions by the agency or Mass Mutual. This might depend on the department you apply with and their perception of your experience.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

It was a two-on-one interview. Brought resumes to the interview. One of the branch managers glanced over it and began with a scripted line of questions, followed by a small presentation of company stats. Obvious from the get-go that this was going to be a sales position. Huge emphasis on pushing insurance rather than security-related products. The direction is very much self-dependent on generating your own book of business outside of "their training" which mainly consists of Sandler.com stuff as well as some Brian Morgan sales literature. From the looks of it they are mainly reaching out to a clientele that is more middle-income. Interview was followed up by a psych test which tried to goad if you knew a lot of people. The process was smooth, timely, great office, just very sales intensive.

Interview Questions
    • List 4 things that you want from a job?   View Answer

No salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

Met with 4 different interviewers for a half hour each, no time in between interviews. Low pressure, interviewers were not out to get you. Each had a specified set of questions to ask, mainly about how you would handle a certain problem or situation. They were eager to answer questions and turn it more into a conversation than in interview. Heard back the next morning, was asked about my availability and salary requirements, and then received an offer later the same day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate an employee who did not share your goals or the goals of a project?   Answer Question

Exploratory for Actuary Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

very efficient; great candidate experience

Interview Questions
    • Focus on technical skills based on the job qualifications   View Answer
    Recruiter was very good to work with. Transparent and genuine. Recruiter prepped me for interviews so I knew who I was speaking with a bit of their background.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MassMutual.

A recruiter called me about the role in Springfield. I wasn't really interested at all because of the location, but after hearing more about the company's growth prospects, the scope of the role, and compensation, I decided to listen more. I interviewed with quite a few people - most VPs and above - but the interviews were really straight forward. If you know your stuff, experienced, and confident about the work you do, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • How did you convince a sr. executive to change his / her mind or accept your proposal.   Answer Question

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual.

I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
      Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.

Answer Question
    The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

The interview process was very good. I met with 5 interviewers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

The first day is just testing, i did not prepare for this as i thought it was personality tests. A portion was personality but there was also a lot of vocabulary/math questions such as..Bob bought a new computer and has 5 payments in total. If he put x down and has y left, how much does he have left to pay if he made 2 payments? The last portion was mock phone calls, a recording in a headset that is a customer and you have multiple choice answers to pick from. I thought i bombed the math/vocab but the woman at the end told me i passed and i was given an interview for the next day.

This interview was with a recruiter and it was basic questions, if you prepare you should do well. This was about 25 mins long. He told me that i would be contacted within 3 weeks for a final interview if they wanted to meet with me...aprox 2.5 weeks later i did get a phone call for the last interview.

unfortunately i have no further info as i havent done this final interview yet, its this week. I did get a meeting agenda that says i am meeting with at least 3 people. I wish i had more info about this interview myself, which is why i am here. I hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an angry customer and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Mass Mutual?   Answer Question
    i passed the first interview, i have final this week so i dont know.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

I received my initial interview through a connection from my university. The phone interview was basic. The in-person interview was with ten or so different people from throughout the company. Most interviews weren't too intense.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest struggle you have gone through and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Potential offer at GEICO