MassMutual Interview Questions & Reviews in Springfield, MA

2.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Thorough interview process, was interviewed by several senior managers, and was able to get a sense of the organization. Was impressed by principal interviewer who stayed with me the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • What were my career aspirations. This was difficult as I was coming in as a contractor, and felt that I could do each one of their jobs....   View Answer

Exploratory for Actuary Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

very efficient; great candidate experience

Interview Questions
    • Focus on technical skills based on the job qualifications   View Answer
    Recruiter was very good to work with. Transparent and genuine. Recruiter prepped me for interviews so I knew who I was speaking with a bit of their background.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at MassMutual.

A recruiter called me about the role in Springfield. I wasn't really interested at all because of the location, but after hearing more about the company's growth prospects, the scope of the role, and compensation, I decided to listen more. I interviewed with quite a few people - most VPs and above - but the interviews were really straight forward. If you know your stuff, experienced, and confident about the work you do, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • How did you convince a sr. executive to change his / her mind or accept your proposal.   Answer Question

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual.

I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
      Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.
        Answer Question
    The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

The interview process was very good. I met with 5 interviewers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

The first day is just testing, i did not prepare for this as i thought it was personality tests. A portion was personality but there was also a lot of vocabulary/math questions such as..Bob bought a new computer and has 5 payments in total. If he put x down and has y left, how much does he have left to pay if he made 2 payments? The last portion was mock phone calls, a recording in a headset that is a customer and you have multiple choice answers to pick from. I thought i bombed the math/vocab but the woman at the end told me i passed and i was given an interview for the next day.

This interview was with a recruiter and it was basic questions, if you prepare you should do well. This was about 25 mins long. He told me that i would be contacted within 3 weeks for a final interview if they wanted to meet with me...aprox 2.5 weeks later i did get a phone call for the last interview.

unfortunately i have no further info as i havent done this final interview yet, its this week. I did get a meeting agenda that says i am meeting with at least 3 people. I wish i had more info about this interview myself, which is why i am here. I hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an angry customer and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Mass Mutual?   Answer Question
    i passed the first interview, i have final this week so i dont know.

Actuarial Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2012.

I handed my resume to the recruiter at my college's career fair in the fall. Early spring I received a phone call about their interest and I scheduled an on site interview. I went to their main headquarters in Springfield and it seemed like I was there during a large internship hiring process as there were many other young college kids. I was interviewed by the man I would be working under, which lasted around 30 mins. It was a very formal interview, however after I received a little gift bag and a water as I left which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • What did you struggle most with so far and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

The offer came very late after I had interviewed and I received another internship.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2009.

The interview process involved one interview with a company recruiter which focused on experience, skills and personality. Subsequent interviews with hiring manager, division manager, and two employees in current position. The subsequent interviews placed a large emphasis on personality fit with the division and ability to adapt.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe the business accomplishment of which I was most proud.   Answer Question
    This was my first position out of college, and was therefore happy just to have a full-time position offered. However, the starting salary was very fair, and I was offered a signing bonus (without having to ask). The only negotiation needed was with regard to starting date, and HR and management were extremely accommodating.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2008.

Interview process was good, management changed too much and upper management not intune with their workers.

Interview Questions
    They were helpful in the negotiations and fair

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!