MassMutual Interview Questions in Springfield, MA

Updated May 26, 2015

2.5

Actuarial Student Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

Submitted my resume to a recruiter. Was contacted directly for an onsite interview. Spent a day at the headquarters. Had four interviews, a lunch break and a tour with current students in the program. Interviewers ranged from senior-level actuaries to actuarial students. Everyone was nice and friendly. Most interviews were not very formal. I ended up talking about insurance products and extracurricular activities with some of the interviewers. I heard from the HR a few business days after the interview.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

Found the job through a recruiting agency that presented me to Mass Mutual. This was a contract to perm offer. I had a sequence of two phone interviews that asked about my technical background and experience. They appeared mostly interested in my application experience and less so about my technical background. They hired me over the phone at the end of the second phone call, which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had experience with hierarchical sales structures. Coincidentally, I had a few experiences with similar agent marketing structures. That might have been what landed the job. There were zero technical questions by the agency or Mass Mutual. This might depend on the department you apply with and their perception of your experience.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a two-on-one interview. Brought resumes to the interview. One of the branch managers glanced over it and began with a scripted line of questions, followed by a small presentation of company stats. Obvious from the get-go that this was going to be a sales position. Huge emphasis on pushing insurance rather than security-related products. The direction is very much self-dependent on generating your own book of business outside of "their training" which mainly consists of Sandler.com stuff as well as some Brian Morgan sales literature. From the looks of it they are mainly reaching out to a clientele that is more middle-income. Interview was followed up by a psych test which tried to goad if you knew a lot of people. The process was smooth, timely, great office, just very sales intensive.

Interview Questions

• List 4 things that you want from a job?   1 Answer

No salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with 4 different interviewers for a half hour each, no time in between interviews. Low pressure, interviewers were not out to get you. Each had a specified set of questions to ask, mainly about how you would handle a certain problem or situation. They were eager to answer questions and turn it more into a conversation than in interview. Heard back the next morning, was asked about my availability and salary requirements, and then received an offer later the same day.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate an employee who did not share your goals or the goals of a project?   Answer Question

Claim Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

My initial contact was by telephone with a recruiter. This was then followed up with a skills test on-site. Received a call later that same afternoon requesting a in person interview with a Panel of four directors. The panel interview went well, although in hind site, they did not really answer questions about the department culture, choosing instead to focus on the corporate level.

Exploratory for Actuary Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

very efficient; great candidate experience

Interview Questions

• Focus on technical skills based on the job qualifications   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter was very good to work with. Transparent and genuine. Recruiter prepped me for interviews so I knew who I was speaking with a bit of their background.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

A recruiter called me about the role in Springfield. I wasn't really interested at all because of the location, but after hearing more about the company's growth prospects, the scope of the role, and compensation, I decided to listen more. I interviewed with quite a few people - most VPs and above - but the interviews were really straight forward. If you know your stuff, experienced, and confident about the work you do, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince a sr. executive to change his / her mind or accept your proposal.   Answer Question

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Questions

• Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
      Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.

Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

Interview

Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Questions

• I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

The interview process was very good. I met with 5 interviewers.