MassMutual Interview Questions in Springfield, MA

2.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Exploratory for Actuary Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

very efficient; great candidate experience

Interview Questions
    • Focus on technical skills based on the job qualifications   View Answer
    Recruiter was very good to work with. Transparent and genuine. Recruiter prepped me for interviews so I knew who I was speaking with a bit of their background.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MassMutual.

A recruiter called me about the role in Springfield. I wasn't really interested at all because of the location, but after hearing more about the company's growth prospects, the scope of the role, and compensation, I decided to listen more. I interviewed with quite a few people - most VPs and above - but the interviews were really straight forward. If you know your stuff, experienced, and confident about the work you do, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • How did you convince a sr. executive to change his / her mind or accept your proposal.   Answer Question

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual.

I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
      Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.
        Answer Question
    The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

The interview process was very good. I met with 5 interviewers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

The first day is just testing, i did not prepare for this as i thought it was personality tests. A portion was personality but there was also a lot of vocabulary/math questions such as..Bob bought a new computer and has 5 payments in total. If he put x down and has y left, how much does he have left to pay if he made 2 payments? The last portion was mock phone calls, a recording in a headset that is a customer and you have multiple choice answers to pick from. I thought i bombed the math/vocab but the woman at the end told me i passed and i was given an interview for the next day.

This interview was with a recruiter and it was basic questions, if you prepare you should do well. This was about 25 mins long. He told me that i would be contacted within 3 weeks for a final interview if they wanted to meet with me...aprox 2.5 weeks later i did get a phone call for the last interview.

unfortunately i have no further info as i havent done this final interview yet, its this week. I did get a meeting agenda that says i am meeting with at least 3 people. I wish i had more info about this interview myself, which is why i am here. I hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an angry customer and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Mass Mutual?   Answer Question
    i passed the first interview, i have final this week so i dont know.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

I received my initial interview through a connection from my university. The phone interview was basic. The in-person interview was with ten or so different people from throughout the company. Most interviews weren't too intense.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest struggle you have gone through and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Potential offer at GEICO

Customer Service Milici Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2012.

Came in for a 1:1 interview with recruiter, very friendly, went over resume and asked standard questions. There were two additional online tests sandwiched around the interview, a 45 minute test with some IQ type questions and a second test that simulated the customer service cal center position. Second interview consisted of overview of job with other candidates and then a ~30 min interview with two hiring managers. Mood was professional but relaxed

Actuarial Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual in March 2012.

I handed my resume to the recruiter at my college's career fair in the fall. Early spring I received a phone call about their interest and I scheduled an on site interview. I went to their main headquarters in Springfield and it seemed like I was there during a large internship hiring process as there were many other young college kids. I was interviewed by the man I would be working under, which lasted around 30 mins. It was a very formal interview, however after I received a little gift bag and a water as I left which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • What did you struggle most with so far and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

The offer came very late after I had interviewed and I received another internship.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2012.

Many different interviews, including a panel. Does not look like one person coordinated or talked woth others, about the candidates or the position. Left doubts who was running the place. Watch IT jobs, most IT jobs are in the business not in IT.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions, but since this company s not cost or schedule driven, I suggest ou talk about scope.   View Answer