MassMutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Interview Details – Thorough interview process, was interviewed by several senior managers, and was able to get a sense of the organization. Was impressed by principal interviewer who stayed with me the entire time.

Interview Question – What were my career aspirations. This was difficult as I was coming in as a contractor, and felt that I could do each one of their jobs....   View Answer

Exploratory for Actuary Role Interview

Exploratory for Actuary Role
Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – very efficient; great candidate experience

Interview Question – Focus on technical skills based on the job qualifications   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Recruiter was very good to work with. Transparent and genuine. Recruiter prepped me for interviews so I knew who I was speaking with a bit of their background.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – A recruiter called me about the role in Springfield. I wasn't really interested at all because of the location, but after hearing more about the company's growth prospects, the scope of the role, and compensation, I decided to listen more. I interviewed with quite a few people - most VPs and above - but the interviews were really straight forward. If you know your stuff, experienced, and confident about the work you do, you'll be fine.

Interview Question – How did you convince a sr. executive to change his / her mind or accept your proposal.   Answer Question

Audit Consultant Interview

Audit Consultant
Springfield, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Question – Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Senior Auditor Interview

Senior Auditor
Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Question – I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Director IT
Springfield, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – The interview process was very good. I met with 5 interviewers.

Interview Question – How will you implement change   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Springfield, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – The first day is just testing, i did not prepare for this as i thought it was personality tests. A portion was personality but there was also a lot of vocabulary/math questions such as..Bob bought a new computer and has 5 payments in total. If he put x down and has y left, how much does he have left to pay if he made 2 payments? The last portion was mock phone calls, a recording in a headset that is a customer and you have multiple choice answers to pick from. I thought i bombed the math/vocab but the woman at the end told me i passed and i was given an interview for the next day.

This interview was with a recruiter and it was basic questions, if you prepare you should do well. This was about 25 mins long. He told me that i would be contacted within 3 weeks for a final interview if they wanted to meet with me...aprox 2.5 weeks later i did get a phone call for the last interview.

unfortunately i have no further info as i havent done this final interview yet, its this week. I did get a meeting agenda that says i am meeting with at least 3 people. I wish i had more info about this interview myself, which is why i am here. I hope this helps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – i passed the first interview, i have final this week so i dont know.

Actuarial Internship Interview

Actuarial Internship
Springfield, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2012.

Interview Details – I handed my resume to the recruiter at my college's career fair in the fall. Early spring I received a phone call about their interest and I scheduled an on site interview. I went to their main headquarters in Springfield and it seemed like I was there during a large internship hiring process as there were many other young college kids. I was interviewed by the man I would be working under, which lasted around 30 mins. It was a very formal interview, however after I received a little gift bag and a water as I left which was nice.

Interview Question – What did you struggle most with so far and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer came very late after I had interviewed and I received another internship.

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist
Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process involved one interview with a company recruiter which focused on experience, skills and personality. Subsequent interviews with hiring manager, division manager, and two employees in current position. The subsequent interviews placed a large emphasis on personality fit with the division and ability to adapt.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe the business accomplishment of which I was most proud.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was my first position out of college, and was therefore happy just to have a full-time position offered. However, the starting salary was very fair, and I was offered a signing bonus (without having to ask). The only negotiation needed was with regard to starting date, and HR and management were extremely accommodating.

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst
Springfield, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was good, management changed too much and upper management not intune with their workers.

Interview Question – The management can sometimes be too hard to work with   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were helpful in the negotiations and fair

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!