1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied to a position directly from the MGH hospital website. Within a week I got an email from the scientist that would be my potential boss, just clarifying a few things on my resume. We emailed back and forth a couple time and then she set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and she asked questions involving my background and education, but spent the majority of the interview on what goals I had for the future. I was less prepared to answer these questions-which were a lot about research goals, continuing my education, and specific areas of interest. My take on it was that they wanted to give someone the opportunity that had a very specific goal for future research.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you contributed your own ideas to your adviser's research project?   Answer Question