Massachusetts General Hospital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in July 2013.

Interview Details – I responded to an online ad on jobs.phds.org for a postdoctoral position. I explained my research background and interest in the project presented. The researcher in question liked my CV, and then requested my recommendations. After receiving those, I was invited for an on site interview. The interview process consisted of a formal presentation (similar to a dissertation public defense), followed by a short Q&A. I was then given 1:1 interviews with several other PIs in the group, the department chair, and then a few other postdocs in the lab. I was given an offer letter a few days later, and accepted a few days after that. Full time employment began several months later after paperwork and a background check.

Interview Question – The department chair asked me what I wanted to do with my career. This is the question you have to answer honestly to get the most out of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was given an offer letter.

Materials Management Interview

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in April 2010.

Interview Details – Easily Done through High School, and hired without company interview

Very Easy Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator I
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very relaxed Interview environment. For the most part, we just reviewed what was already on my resume and discussed job requirements. Both interviewers were pleasant and responsive in answering all my questions.

Interview Question – What do you think is your greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set salary.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Manager Interview

Systems Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was quick and fluid. You meet with members of a few different departments. Not much difficulty question wise.

Interview Question – There was none. Just be yourself and talk about interests that pertain to techonology.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Clinical Research Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed for position via skype while still in undergraduate. Tough interview but very straightforward, no surprises

Interview Question – What are your thoughts and feelings on medicating people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in July 2013.

Interview Details – About a week after I applied to the CRC position online, I received a phone call from the Associate Director of the Clinical Trials Office and she conducted a brief phone interview and then scheduled an in-person interview. At the in-person interview I spoke with the Associate Director again and she explained the position in more depth. Most of the questions she asked were the same questions she asked during the phone interview. After speaking with her, I met with a Senior Coordinator (who I would report to) and he asked fairly standard interview questions. Examples include: "What types of bosses have you worked with in the past?", "How would you rate your organizational skills on a scale of 1-10?", etc. They didn't ask any technical questions and there really weren't any difficult questions. It was a run-of-the mill interview. Both interviewers were pleasant and engaging.

Interview Question – This isn't difficult at all. It's just another example of one of the questions they asked. What's your biggest accomplishment to date.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator II
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in April 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with 5 different people
Typical quetions: why are you switching jobs? Do you know about XYZ? How long?

Interview Question – Why should we pick you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy, since it's a non-profit company, the salary wasn't very negotiable. It was higher than my last job so I took it. They are great if you have any questions about your salary or a raise.

CRC Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in April 2011.

Interview Details – Quick and easy.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and Easy

Staff Assistant III Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in April 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online-- very easy to apply to dozens of jobs without a cover letter!

Interview Question – What would I do if I needed my boss's signature immediately but wasn't able to locate him as he was in a rural area of a poor country?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was told I was already offered the top salary, no negotiation available.

Biostatistics Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring manager was very friendly. The direct supervisor was very knowledgeable about the subject matter. The research group dynamics is very good too. People there are very open to new comers with different culture/background. I overall think the interview process is not very hard but you need to do your homework on what they are looking for. The hospital is a huge one and have many many cutting edge research centers with research fellows doing very advanced work to cure the hardest diseases.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Massachusetts General Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Massachusetts General Hospital interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Massachusetts General Hospital employees and interview candidates.