Massachusetts General Hospital Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email about 5 days later & scheduled a phone interview. After the call, I heard back from them to schedule an in-person interview. Took about 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've been in & explain how you handled it.   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent a resume and cover letter to the principal investigator, who responded almost immediately, offering me a call, and if it went well, an in-person interview. The call was relatively informal, mostly one of the current coordinators telling me about what their lab did, with a few questions about my career goals and why I wanted to work there. After the call, I was offered an in-person interview, which was pretty short, mostly just fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with other people, specifically children?   Answer Question
    • What was a job you didn't like and why?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenging work situation you've experienced.   Answer Question

Bulfinch Temporary Employee - Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

I transferred from a Full-Time employee to a Temporary employee so that I cold finish graduate school. The transfer was uneventful and was easy because I had 6 years of service. Mike knew me and was responsible for filling roles with an employee that he could count on. After my first job, he felt comfortable placing me in roles in or near executive suites at MGH and BWH.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do? Where would you like to work?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

15 min personal introduction (both sides), 45 min technical questions. There were about 5 technical questions, one programming , the rest stats/ML like what is cross-validation or how do you control for overfitting in regression.

Interview Questions

• Given an existing set of purchases, how do you predict the next item to purchase of a new basket?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked to speak in detail about my past experience and was asked questions about my resume. They had questions prepared, but it ended up being more of a conversationally structured interview. They were already familiar with my experience and had clearly gone over my resume so we mostly discussed specifics. I was interviewed by several people in succession over the course of a few hours, each meeting was 1 on 1. My interviewers spoke a lot about the project and I was given a tour of the lab after we spoke, then I met other people in the lab. I was offered the position within 24 hours after the interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, cared very much about what type of person you are not so much can you answer technical questions. Do ask some questions pertaining to past experience, but they try to get a feel for who you are versus can you recall a specific protocol.

RN- Travel Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone only from Dept. Manager. The manager described the layout of the department, staffing ratio, professional staff available and specifically MDs of all levels on site at all times, as is typical of teaching hospital. Gave me available shift options and options of number of hours per week available. Stated a lot of positives about position to consider and flexibility of nurses to change schedule as needs vary.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a fast paced, high patient turnover environment   1 Answer

CLA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was nice. They allowed for me to interview with the hiring manager, current employees, and the department director all in one moment (which is a lot better than being called back for every step). Everyone was very kind and they were very prompt with their responses.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this position? What skills can you bring to the position? What are your career aspirations and how would this position help you further those goals? How did you hear about this position? Tell us about yourself and where you see yourself in 5 years. What would you describe as your strength?   Answer Question

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Qualified for a telephone interview after submitting a cover letter, resume, and writing sample. Spoke in a conference-style manner with the project head and a current coordinator. Both took turns asking questions. Very open-ended.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a prior research experience.
      Why our lab?

1 Answer

Patient Observer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very straight forward and simple. It took only 1 day. It was well organized and all questions asked were related to the position. I gave a skill test after reading the job duties which helped me to get familiar with my possible responsibilities at work. The interviewer was very considerate and gave me enough time to respond. Also answered my all questions.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why do you want to do this job?
      2.Do you have any experience working in ER?
      3.What are your 3 strength and 3 weaknesses?

1 Answer