Massachusetts General Hospital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in June 2010.

Interview Details – Down to earth; open conversation; dialogue. The Program director had carefully read my resume and truly wanted to find out how my previus experiences could help in the job I was interviewing for. He seemed willing to give me a chance even though I did not have direct healthcare experience before.

OR Resource Specialist Interview

OR Resource Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was relatively quick. The management is young and understanding, but a bit intimidating during the panel interview. I received an offer within 30 days of applying. HR didn't communicate very clearly, but this wasn't important because of the direct communication with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time where you lead a work unit and experienced challenges?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation, take it or leave it.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Interview Details – I submitted an application and heard back with a request for an interview about 3 weeks later. We scheduled an interview for the following week. The first round was about 45 minutes, with 2 employees who are of the same title as the job for which I was applying. They first asked me about myself and my resume and then moved into a section of behavioral-based questions. It was pretty relaxed and they were friendly. We then proceeded with an interview with the department head, with whom I spoke about my resume and general life (personal, school, and professional) with. It was an overall good experience but I withdrew my application because the salary was below what I could really accept.

Interview Question – What are your salary expectations. Tell us about a time you failed and what you did about it. Several behavioral based questions but mostly standard in that respect.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in July 2013.

Interview Details – I responded to an online ad on jobs.phds.org for a postdoctoral position. I explained my research background and interest in the project presented. The researcher in question liked my CV, and then requested my recommendations. After receiving those, I was invited for an on site interview. The interview process consisted of a formal presentation (similar to a dissertation public defense), followed by a short Q&A. I was then given 1:1 interviews with several other PIs in the group, the department chair, and then a few other postdocs in the lab. I was given an offer letter a few days later, and accepted a few days after that. Full time employment began several months later after paperwork and a background check.

Interview Question – The department chair asked me what I wanted to do with my career. This is the question you have to answer honestly to get the most out of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was given an offer letter.

Materials Management Interview

Materials Management
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in April 2010.

Interview Details – Easily Done through High School, and hired without company interview

Very Easy Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator I
Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very relaxed Interview environment. For the most part, we just reviewed what was already on my resume and discussed job requirements. Both interviewers were pleasant and responsive in answering all my questions.

Interview Question – What do you think is your greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set salary.

Systems Manager Interview

Systems Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was quick and fluid. You meet with members of a few different departments. Not much difficulty question wise.

Interview Question – There was none. Just be yourself and talk about interests that pertain to techonology.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician
Charlestown, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in September 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted directly by PI. Asked to submit references and invited in for a lunch interview the following week. Lasted about two hours. Fairly straightforward questions about my qualifications.

Interview Question – What are your goals in life?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Clinical Research Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed for position via skype while still in undergraduate. Tough interview but very straightforward, no surprises

Interview Question – What are your thoughts and feelings on medicating people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Clinical Research Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in July 2013.

Interview Details – About a week after I applied to the CRC position online, I received a phone call from the Associate Director of the Clinical Trials Office and she conducted a brief phone interview and then scheduled an in-person interview. At the in-person interview I spoke with the Associate Director again and she explained the position in more depth. Most of the questions she asked were the same questions she asked during the phone interview. After speaking with her, I met with a Senior Coordinator (who I would report to) and he asked fairly standard interview questions. Examples include: "What types of bosses have you worked with in the past?", "How would you rate your organizational skills on a scale of 1-10?", etc. They didn't ask any technical questions and there really weren't any difficult questions. It was a run-of-the mill interview. Both interviewers were pleasant and engaging.

Interview Question – This isn't difficult at all. It's just another example of one of the questions they asked. What's your biggest accomplishment to date.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Massachusetts General Hospital

Worked for Massachusetts General Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Massachusetts General Hospital interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Massachusetts General Hospital employees and interview candidates.