Massachusetts General Hospital

2.6

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in June 2010.

Down to earth; open conversation; dialogue. The Program director had carefully read my resume and truly wanted to find out how my previus experiences could help in the job I was interviewing for. He seemed willing to give me a chance even though I did not have direct healthcare experience before.

OR Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in January 2011.

The hiring process was relatively quick. The management is young and understanding, but a bit intimidating during the panel interview. I received an offer within 30 days of applying. HR didn't communicate very clearly, but this wasn't important because of the direct communication with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you lead a work unit and experienced challenges?   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation, take it or leave it.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

I submitted an application and heard back with a request for an interview about 3 weeks later. We scheduled an interview for the following week. The first round was about 45 minutes, with 2 employees who are of the same title as the job for which I was applying. They first asked me about myself and my resume and then moved into a section of behavioral-based questions. It was pretty relaxed and they were friendly. We then proceeded with an interview with the department head, with whom I spoke about my resume and general life (personal, school, and professional) with. It was an overall good experience but I withdrew my application because the salary was below what I could really accept.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary expectations. Tell us about a time you failed and what you did about it. Several behavioral based questions but mostly standard in that respect.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in July 2013.

I responded to an online ad on jobs.phds.org for a postdoctoral position. I explained my research background and interest in the project presented. The researcher in question liked my CV, and then requested my recommendations. After receiving those, I was invited for an on site interview. The interview process consisted of a formal presentation (similar to a dissertation public defense), followed by a short Q&A. I was then given 1:1 interviews with several other PIs in the group, the department chair, and then a few other postdocs in the lab. I was given an offer letter a few days later, and accepted a few days after that. Full time employment began several months later after paperwork and a background check.

Interview Questions
    • The department chair asked me what I wanted to do with my career. This is the question you have to answer honestly to get the most out of the interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was given an offer letter.

Materials Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in April 2010.

Easily Done through High School, and hired without company interview

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in June 2012.

Very relaxed Interview environment. For the most part, we just reviewed what was already on my resume and discussed job requirements. Both interviewers were pleasant and responsive in answering all my questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Set salary.

Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in May 2013.

It was quick and fluid. You meet with members of a few different departments. Not much difficulty question wise.

Interview Questions
    • There was none. Just be yourself and talk about interests that pertain to techonology.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlestown, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlestown, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in September 2013.

Was contacted directly by PI. Asked to submit references and invited in for a lunch interview the following week. Lasted about two hours. Fairly straightforward questions about my qualifications.

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in June 2012.

Interviewed for position via skype while still in undergraduate. Tough interview but very straightforward, no surprises

Interview Questions
    • What are your thoughts and feelings on medicating people?   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in July 2013.

About a week after I applied to the CRC position online, I received a phone call from the Associate Director of the Clinical Trials Office and she conducted a brief phone interview and then scheduled an in-person interview. At the in-person interview I spoke with the Associate Director again and she explained the position in more depth. Most of the questions she asked were the same questions she asked during the phone interview. After speaking with her, I met with a Senior Coordinator (who I would report to) and he asked fairly standard interview questions. Examples include: "What types of bosses have you worked with in the past?", "How would you rate your organizational skills on a scale of 1-10?", etc. They didn't ask any technical questions and there really weren't any difficult questions. It was a run-of-the mill interview. Both interviewers were pleasant and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • This isn't difficult at all. It's just another example of one of the questions they asked. What's your biggest accomplishment to date.   Answer Question

Worked for Massachusetts General Hospital? Contribute to the Community!