Massachusetts General Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email about 5 days later & scheduled a phone interview. After the call, I heard back from them to schedule an in-person interview. Took about 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've been in & explain how you handled it.   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent a resume and cover letter to the principal investigator, who responded almost immediately, offering me a call, and if it went well, an in-person interview. The call was relatively informal, mostly one of the current coordinators telling me about what their lab did, with a few questions about my career goals and why I wanted to work there. After the call, I was offered an in-person interview, which was pretty short, mostly just fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with other people, specifically children?   Answer Question
    • What was a job you didn't like and why?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenging work situation you've experienced.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for an onsite interview by an assistant of the lab and since I was unable to drive up to Boston that week I was given the option of a Skype interview. The interview was about 30-45 minutes in length and not very difficult it had some detailed questions pertaining to skills/experience and more behavioral questions, overall it seemed to have gone very well and I ended it feeling confident in either a follow up interview or perhaps even an offer. 2 weeks after the interview I followed up with the lab with an email to see the status of the position. In total it has been over 4 weeks since my interview and I still have not heard a response, which is very unprofessional, especially when it takes 2 seconds to send out an email with a simple update.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then asked to provide 3 references and writing samples, then was called in for an in-person interview.Phone interview, then asked to provide 3 references and writing samples, then was called in for an in-person interview.

Bulfinch Temporary Employee - Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

I transferred from a Full-Time employee to a Temporary employee so that I cold finish graduate school. The transfer was uneventful and was easy because I had 6 years of service. Mike knew me and was responsible for filling roles with an employee that he could count on. After my first job, he felt comfortable placing me in roles in or near executive suites at MGH and BWH.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do? Where would you like to work?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

15 min personal introduction (both sides), 45 min technical questions. There were about 5 technical questions, one programming , the rest stats/ML like what is cross-validation or how do you control for overfitting in regression.

Interview Questions

• Given an existing set of purchases, how do you predict the next item to purchase of a new basket?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked to speak in detail about my past experience and was asked questions about my resume. They had questions prepared, but it ended up being more of a conversationally structured interview. They were already familiar with my experience and had clearly gone over my resume so we mostly discussed specifics. I was interviewed by several people in succession over the course of a few hours, each meeting was 1 on 1. My interviewers spoke a lot about the project and I was given a tour of the lab after we spoke, then I met other people in the lab. I was offered the position within 24 hours after the interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, cared very much about what type of person you are not so much can you answer technical questions. Do ask some questions pertaining to past experience, but they try to get a feel for who you are versus can you recall a specific protocol.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call interview three days later that lasted around 30 minutes (with two interviewers), asked general questions in regards to resume, skills, and education background. Then got an in-person interview after two weeks and heard back a couple days later. Typical interview questions and orientation information about their lab, nothing too surprising.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this particular project- what were your roles in it?   Answer Question

RN- Travel Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone only from Dept. Manager. The manager described the layout of the department, staffing ratio, professional staff available and specifically MDs of all levels on site at all times, as is typical of teaching hospital. Gave me available shift options and options of number of hours per week available. Stated a lot of positives about position to consider and flexibility of nurses to change schedule as needs vary.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a fast paced, high patient turnover environment   1 Answer