Massachusetts General Hospital

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.6

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Very friendly. Had 2 interviewers at the same time. Started off by explaining their backgrounds and current projects. Went in depth about what the position required. Asked about my background, education, experiences, and what attracts me to the position/why would I be great for the position. Ended with a tour of the office. Also requested 4 references.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the interview, I was asked to send a writing sample.   Answer Question

Billing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Interviewed by 4 to 5 managers. Good process, great interviews, everyone was very pleasant. Questions are generally based on experience/background, behavioral based questions, and situational based questions. The interviewers (managers) have to all agree on a particular candidate in order to extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are pretty much straight forward, aside from standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary if you can speak to your background and the job for which you are being interviewed.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Assistant II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in May 2014.

The interview and hiring process was fairly painless, with a fast reply rate. The current clinical research assistant was very friendly and responded to my email. even gave me feedback on my interview when asked.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question I had was what would I do if a patient involved in my study for 20 years decided to quite what would I say   Answer Question

Senior Research Technician Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

It took about two weeks after submitting my application to get an email from lab supervisor requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was brief and went well, so I was invited to come in for a face to face interview a week later. The next week I was offered the job and accepted, however it takes a month for HR and background checks to be completed. So start date is a month after job acceptance. Which is a bit inconvenient.

Interview Questions
    • How do you troubleshoot and give me an example of a situation. Walk me through it.   Answer Question
    Based on my experience they increased the salary without telling me. So that was a very nice surprise. They are very fair and considerate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

I submitted an application and heard back with a request for an interview about 3 weeks later. We scheduled an interview for the following week. The first round was about 45 minutes, with 2 employees who are of the same title as the job for which I was applying. They first asked me about myself and my resume and then moved into a section of behavioral-based questions. It was pretty relaxed and they were friendly. We then proceeded with an interview with the department head, with whom I spoke about my resume and general life (personal, school, and professional) with. It was an overall good experience but I withdrew my application because the salary was below what I could really accept.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary expectations. Tell us about a time you failed and what you did about it. Several behavioral based questions but mostly standard in that respect.   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

It took a little under two months for them to respond to my application. They contacted me via email and set up a phone interview for the next day, followed by a 4-hour in-person interview series a week later. The interview series was 8 30-minute interviews with the various faculty/staff. I appreciated only having to go in-person once. After that, I waited a week for a decision.

Interview Questions
    • They quizzed me thoroughly on my knowledge of programming topics.   Answer Question
    There was little to no negotiation. As they explained it, programmer salaries are governed by the NCI, our #1 funding source.

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

Standard interview process once called to interview. Really difficult to get an interview here, though. They receive about 350K applications hospital-wide per year and hire less than 3,000 each year.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Phone interview, 20min, pretty standard and chill - the interviewer asked about what attracted me to the position, what my qualifications, and career outlook. Most of it was me asking questions about the position (what does a typical day look like) and learning about the different aspects of the job.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

I applied to a different position and my application was forwarded to another person who had a postdoc position open. He spoke with a former coworker of mine whom he knew, and then contacted me.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate much. Postdoc salaries and benefits are pretty fixed.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital in March 2014.

I had two one-on-one interviews and an interview with the existing CRCs. One of the individuals I interviewed with one-on-one was rude and condescending, barely made eye contact, and even checked their e-mail during the interview. I was also asked an inappropriate question. The other interviews were okay, and they gave me a good idea of what the job would be like. However, it did not seem like a friendly work environment overall.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were predictable and not difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Massachusetts General Hospital? Contribute to the Community!