Massachusetts Medical Society

Relevance Date Difficulty

Health Policy Analyst Interview

Health Policy Analyst
Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts Medical Society in November 2013.

Interview Details – This organization has a professional human resources department and staff. I was contacted soon after emailing my resume and promptly scheduled for an interview. Additional information about the position and the organization was supplied prior to interview, allowing a more focused discussion. Actual interview with organizational VP felt rushed, I didn't feel like I was being seriously considered. No followup from organization after interview, I had to contact HR department to find out another candidate had been selected.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts Medical Society in January 2009.

Interview Details – Started off with 2 phone interviews, then a 6 hr 1:1 interviews, with my supervisor and , Director of IT, Director of Media Technology, Director of development, Director of communications, Director of Membership, and the VP of IT.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with HR after the selection was confirmed.

Management Interview

Management

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Massachusetts Medical Society.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with an inhouse recruiter followed by an in person interview with HR, Sr Management and mid-level manager who was leaving. Called immediately (within an hour) following first round of interviews and invited back for second round with more management folks, each visit lasted 3-4 hours. HR was very up front with the process and timeline. Called with a verbal offer when they said they would.

Interview Question – I was asked if I had a sense of humor!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was acceptable as offered and I didn't feel this was a negotiation point, all benefits were above average, I did negotiate a few finer details about start date and flex time which were all part of their standards anyway.

Worked for Massachusetts Medical Society? Contribute to the Community!