Massage Envy

Updated Nov 4, 2014

1.9

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Massage Envy.

I was currently living in a different state, got the call ... made the 12 hour drive. The manager was no where to be found once I arrived 10 minutes early for my interview / hands on practical. The lead therapist found me and took me to do the hands on. She talked during the whole thing. I completed the hands on, and left (drove back 12 hours). The manager called me back offered me the job for full time. I interviewed with a few other spas. They had no clue what they were doing (just rich people getting on board with something that is hot right now) I made the move a month later, went in for my first training day and the manager only booked me for part time. She also said it would be 15 per hour that I was at the spa.(20 x 15) Once I was hired on this all changed. She made this promise to other therapist as well (all who were pissed and hated her). This company just wants to get peoples money... they are not customer or employee focused at all!!

was lied too, told per hour every hour I was at the spa. Once I was there was all changed.

Other Interview Reviews for Massage Envy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Massage Envy.

Basically they are always hiring. Basically they will hire almost any one decent acting and looking. I called them so excited because I saw they were hiring on craigslist where I wanted to live. Made the trip out for the interview and it all lasted about an hour and a half. It was much less scary than I thought it would be as my first ever massage job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. But if you've never worked there before, you don't know how many massages you can do in a day and what breaks you need. So you shouldn't answer that without asking another therapist. I would do 6 in a day, but be sure to take .5 hour breaks often. Or you will lose your mind.   View Answer
    I wasn't confident enough to know I could ask for more than 17$ an hour, but now I know. After the practical massage, we met in the front and she offered me the job on the spot. I hadn't gotten my certification in the mail though and had to wait a few months to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Massage Envy in October 2014.

Saw ad on careerbuilder, sent resume within an hour the owner called and scheduled an interview with me. Filled out a simple application, then did a practical (massage) on person who interviewed me. She didnt ask me to do anything special like trigger point or deep tissue, she just said show me your style. Given job offer that same day and scheduled for training (2 days).

Interview Questions
    • What was my preferred modality.
      How many massages could I do back to back

View Answer
    There was none.

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

They will hire you straight out of school, you will have to give an interview massage to the clinic administrator, they will ask you how many massages you would like to perform a day, and how many you would like to do back to back before having a break, and how many breaks would you like during the day, they will ask you whether you want to do just swedish, or if you would be willing to perform deep tissue and other add on services..

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with a difficult/dissatisfied client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Grove, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Grove, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Massage Envy.

I submitted my resume and was contacted within a day or 2. Upon arrival I was given a clip board and was to told to fill out several pages of a questionare, this basically meant I had a to rewrite my resume, which I had already sent them. Never the less after 15 minutes I was brought into the back clinic area to be to provide a massage upon the Lead Therapist. The lead therapist who I massaged had few good words to say about his employment there as he was also struggling to make-ends-meet. I was explained that because the hourly pay is not great, tips were supposed to make up the difference, yet tips of appropriate proportions were intermittent. (Apparently massage envy clients at some locations are very frugal, tipping $4-8 per hour regardless of how hard the therapist worked)
    I concluded my interview massage, waited another 5-10 minutes and then I was called into the managers office. The Manager: a young professional who managed additional locations for this one franchise owner proceeded to ask me some of the same questions I previously answered on the LMT intake form. The manager was definitely out of touch with the professionals she managed, although she was quite nice and enthusiastic. I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

The hourly pay being so low, coupled with the bad information I was given from the existing staff, coupled with the out-of-touch management, plus a completely absentee owner who runs many other businesses. This company Massage Envy seems to me to be no more then a place for new green ear LMT's, or old desperate LMT's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prescott, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prescott, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Massage Envy in May 2014.

I applied online and received a call within a week. The owner called me, but seemed a little disorganized; they left a message saying that they would call back within a certain timeframe, and after that time passed I returned the call. We scheduled an interview, where I was interviewed by both the owner and the manager/assistant manager. It was longer than I expected. The interview was followed by a massage practical.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that a customer was dissatisfied, and how did you amend the situation?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that you provided great customer service.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, $15/massage hour plus $2/hour for add-on services.

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Informal interview with manager of the clinic. Followed by a 50 minute demo massage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

The interview process was very basic. It was smooth with questions about my personality and favorite restaurant chain

Interview Questions
    • What is something I would like to change about myself?   View Answer
    Simple and straight to the point

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Massage Envy in April 2014.

I applied online and the very next day I got a call back from the hiring manager to come in for an interview. I got there 10 minutes early, only to find out that the lady interviewing me was not ready at all for my arrival... The hiring manager seemed a little upset that I was there so early. She and the desk girls were having lunch during my interview, she kept the door wide open, and there were lots of distractions... which I think was meant to give a relaxed feel, but it came off as unprofessional and rude. Not to mention the hiring manager ate before receiving her massage. It felt as if she wasn't interested in my skills as a therapist, but instead to treat herself to a special pampering day.

Interview Questions

I thought this place was unprofessional and sloppy. I didn't want that to rub off on me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Massage Envy in February 2014.

just smile be real give a good practical.

Interview Questions
    • what are your weaknesses. anh not really it depends….not hard at all   Answer Question