Massage Envy Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Massage Envy.

I walked into Massage Envy and received an application. A few weeks later I received a phone call from them and scheduled an interview. The day of the interview they first took me on a tour of the store and then pretty much just asked me if I had held a sales position before and then they did a lot of the talking. It was quick and painless.

Interview Questions
  • Can't really think of a question they asked that was difficult or unexpected. All of the questions were very much related to the job position and my past work experience.   Answer Question
There was no negotiating. I guess it was assumed that I wanted the position and that they wanted me to work there.

Other Interview Reviews for Massage Envy

Sales Associate Interview

It was horrible. Very brief, no details about the company. On the phone when we arranged the interview, the manager told me she was going to have my resume all ready and printed and we could just go from there. When I had arrived there, they made me re-fill in an application, then the manager told me that she did not print out my resume and deleted my e-mail cause the e-mail was full. Thank goodness whenever I go to a job interview, I bring a spare resume. But that was incredibly unprofessional. She didn't give me any information on the business itself, the company, or the job description at all. She just asked me a few questions and sent me out the door.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, they were all stupid questions. The hardest thing was when she randomly told me to try to sell one of the items I had on me (which ended up being my wallet) to her. I was not expecting it, and was kinda thrown off. But, I did it fine. I really disliked the hiring process, and working here in general.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Massage Envy in December 2013.

Applied online, got a call for a group interview, and we had our interview away from the clinic. I was in a group of about four people or five I really don't remember. However, the owner was there along with two other people that worked there. This showed me that they were personable and wanted you to know that they are actual people, not just owners. You had to Sell them a product and do a group exercise to show you can work well with others.

Salary, best bet is to know your worth and accept nothing less.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Massage Envy in December 2013.

I put in an application, got a call that night, started training the next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Massage Envy in July 2013.

Applied online, was called a couple weeks later. Had a mini phone interview. Went in for a 1 on 1 interview, the questions were incredibly easy. Was called in a couple days later to fill in paperwork.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Worth, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Massage Envy in November 2012.

I applied through their website and received a call the next day asking to come in for an interview. I met with the assistant manager who conducted a basic interview asking questions like "what motivates you?" and "are you comfortable reading from a script and memorizing it?" "are you comfortable dealing with difficult clients?" She also made it clear that it was very important to meet sales goals. Went over my past work history and asked how my skills could be applied towards this position. She liked me and scheduled me for a 2nd interview with the main? manager a couple days later. One tip she gave me was to smile A LOT (and I did, haha). I met with him and he asked some of the same questions. He also explained to me that hours were given based on sales goals and those with a lower percentage would get less hours. Pretty much part time. It was overall an easy interview and they were very friendly. I really look forward to working for them.

Interview Questions
    • "What motivates you to get up in the morning?"   View Answer
    There is no negotiation on the pay. It's $8+commission but I was told no one's ever made more than $10/hr. It's been advertised as "$12-14"

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brookfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Massage Envy in November 2011.

You must first fill out an online application, then wait a few days and call to check on the status of your application. The Manager will call you back if they are interested. If the manager is interested they will have you take an online test to see if you fit the position. If you pass the online test they will call you in for an interview. When I had my interview they have you fill out a paper application and the Sales Associates are really friendly and offer you water. The Clinic Administrator showed me around the clinic and then she took me into the office to continue with the interview. After my interview was finished I waited about two days and they called me back to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me a time when you were trying to make a sale and the person you were trying to sell something to was clearly not intersted in it. What did you do to convince them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Massage Envy in October 2011.

You apply online through their website which entails sending in your resume and references as well as taking two tests: The first is a basic skills test that includes vocabulary, reading, and math problems; the second is a personality test.

Once submitted, if they like what they see and are looking to hire, they will contact you immediately and schedule an interview. The interview is typically one-on-one with the Clinic Manager, but if you're lucky, the Clinic Owner could be present and he'll sit in for the interview (don't worry, he's nice and easy-going!).

If the interview goes well they will either schedule a second interview, contact you shortly after to offer you the position, or hire you on the spot. The interviews are very laid-back, so don't be nervous. It's all about showing off your personality and capability of selling memberships to people.

My suggestion, which was very successful for me, would be to look over their website and become familiar with the membership and benefits of massage therapy. You are applying for a sales position, not just a receptionist, so you have to be able to sell and be knowledgable of what you are selling. Also, if you are reading this prior to your interview, you already have an advantage and will be a lot more prepared than most :) Show confidence!

The entire interview is basically asking standard questions to get to know you. Be prepared to "sell" a membership to them because they will spring this on you! It doesn't need to be perfect, just show that you can. Once you wow them with your answer and personality, you've got the job ^_~

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Massage Envy in May 2011.

Asked me the same questions during both interviews, first interview was with one manager and then the following interview was with the other managers. At the time it seemed to lack some organization and many of the interview questions didn't seem very relevant to the job.

Interview Questions
    • If you could go back and be anybody in history who would you be?   View Answer
    No, make sure they tell you what they're actually going to pay you, not "You could make up to ___."

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Massage Envy in October 2010.

Applied online and got a call within a week. The person I spoke to was very enthusiastic and excited to meet me. One interview in person with the manager and assistant manager and then was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What's one thing you've failed at and how did it affect you?   Answer Question

Worked for Massage Envy? Contribute to the Community!