Massage Envy

2.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Massage Envy.

I was called and asked to come in for an interview. It turned out to be a group interview with a few other applicants. The general manager and assistant manager explained the interview process and job requirements, and they took turns asking questions of the applicants. Afterwards, we were told that we would be notified as to whether we'd be selected to move forward as candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Name a cartoon character with whom you identify, and tell us why.   Answer Question
There really wasn't any negotiation. i just specified my availability, and the general manager (or Clinic Administrator, as they're called) gave me info on my starting wage and the possible benefits after the probationary period. At this location, the starting wage is 8.50, and it usually goes up to 9.00, though the raise is not automatic. Not all locations are run the same way, so the starting pay and raises can vary.

Other Interview Reviews for Massage Envy

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Massage Envy in October 2014.

My interview was scheduled for 10am but they asked me to get there about 20 minutes early in order to fill out a hard copy application in addition to the one I did online. After that my interview started and I was asked to memorize a sales script and pitch it to them. I had the whole thing memorized perfectly on my own, but once I got into the interview I was a little nervous and it was kind of rough. Luckily my interviewer made sure I was really comfortable and she said that it wasn't as bad as I thought and that is how most people get and as long as I understood how to pitch the general concept then I would be fine. Once I got through that, we began that general interview which included your usual questions like why do you want to work here? What past sales experience do you have? Explain what your favorite boss was like. etc. Not that bad at all and the interviewer I had was extremely pleasant. She said she was really happy with how the interview went and that she would contact me in a couple days since they had a couple more people to interview so I am still waiting to hear back. Overall, it was a great experience and I am hoping to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part for me was the scripted part. When I had applied for the job, I heard back the next day that they wanted to schedule an interview with me and that they would send me a script. I never received the script until I called them a couple days before my interview to remind them that I still needed it. I had the whole thing memorized, but I never got the chance to practice it in front of another person which I think was the hardest part because I got a little nervous. Nevertheless, I got through it and my interviewer was really really nice about it and helped me through it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Massage Envy.

I walked into Massage Envy and received an application. A few weeks later I received a phone call from them and scheduled an interview. The day of the interview they first took me on a tour of the store and then pretty much just asked me if I had held a sales position before and then they did a lot of the talking. It was quick and painless.

Interview Questions
    • Can't really think of a question they asked that was difficult or unexpected. All of the questions were very much related to the job position and my past work experience.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. I guess it was assumed that I wanted the position and that they wanted me to work there.

Sales Associate Interview

It was horrible. Very brief, no details about the company. On the phone when we arranged the interview, the manager told me she was going to have my resume all ready and printed and we could just go from there. When I had arrived there, they made me re-fill in an application, then the manager told me that she did not print out my resume and deleted my e-mail cause the e-mail was full. Thank goodness whenever I go to a job interview, I bring a spare resume. But that was incredibly unprofessional. She didn't give me any information on the business itself, the company, or the job description at all. She just asked me a few questions and sent me out the door.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, they were all stupid questions. The hardest thing was when she randomly told me to try to sell one of the items I had on me (which ended up being my wallet) to her. I was not expecting it, and was kinda thrown off. But, I did it fine. I really disliked the hiring process, and working here in general.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Massage Envy in December 2013.

I put in an application, got a call that night, started training the next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Massage Envy in July 2013.

Applied online, was called a couple weeks later. Had a mini phone interview. Went in for a 1 on 1 interview, the questions were incredibly easy. Was called in a couple days later to fill in paperwork.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Massage Envy in November 2012.

I applied through their website and received a call the next day asking to come in for an interview. I met with the assistant manager who conducted a basic interview asking questions like "what motivates you?" and "are you comfortable reading from a script and memorizing it?" "are you comfortable dealing with difficult clients?" She also made it clear that it was very important to meet sales goals. Went over my past work history and asked how my skills could be applied towards this position. She liked me and scheduled me for a 2nd interview with the main? manager a couple days later. One tip she gave me was to smile A LOT (and I did, haha). I met with him and he asked some of the same questions. He also explained to me that hours were given based on sales goals and those with a lower percentage would get less hours. Pretty much part time. It was overall an easy interview and they were very friendly. I really look forward to working for them.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation on the pay. It's $8+commission but I was told no one's ever made more than $10/hr. It's been advertised as "$12-14"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Massage Envy in November 2011.

You must first fill out an online application, then wait a few days and call to check on the status of your application. The Manager will call you back if they are interested. If the manager is interested they will have you take an online test to see if you fit the position. If you pass the online test they will call you in for an interview. When I had my interview they have you fill out a paper application and the Sales Associates are really friendly and offer you water. The Clinic Administrator showed me around the clinic and then she took me into the office to continue with the interview. After my interview was finished I waited about two days and they called me back to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me a time when you were trying to make a sale and the person you were trying to sell something to was clearly not intersted in it. What did you do to convince them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Massage Envy in October 2011.

You apply online through their website which entails sending in your resume and references as well as taking two tests: The first is a basic skills test that includes vocabulary, reading, and math problems; the second is a personality test.

Once submitted, if they like what they see and are looking to hire, they will contact you immediately and schedule an interview. The interview is typically one-on-one with the Clinic Manager, but if you're lucky, the Clinic Owner could be present and he'll sit in for the interview (don't worry, he's nice and easy-going!).

If the interview goes well they will either schedule a second interview, contact you shortly after to offer you the position, or hire you on the spot. The interviews are very laid-back, so don't be nervous. It's all about showing off your personality and capability of selling memberships to people.

My suggestion, which was very successful for me, would be to look over their website and become familiar with the membership and benefits of massage therapy. You are applying for a sales position, not just a receptionist, so you have to be able to sell and be knowledgable of what you are selling. Also, if you are reading this prior to your interview, you already have an advantage and will be a lot more prepared than most :) Show confidence!

The entire interview is basically asking standard questions to get to know you. Be prepared to "sell" a membership to them because they will spring this on you! It doesn't need to be perfect, just show that you can. Once you wow them with your answer and personality, you've got the job ^_~

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Massage Envy in May 2011.

Asked me the same questions during both interviews, first interview was with one manager and then the following interview was with the other managers. At the time it seemed to lack some organization and many of the interview questions didn't seem very relevant to the job.

Interview Questions
    • If you could go back and be anybody in history who would you be?   View Answer
    No, make sure they tell you what they're actually going to pay you, not "You could make up to ___."