Mastech Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mastech (Columbia, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

This process was very poor,the interviewer was to busy doing other things,he keep his mind on other things during the interview, he was not organized,The interviewer jump from random subject to random subject. He wasn't even expecting me and I drove 65 miles+ for the meeting.He change to location for the area of work from what was advertised in the ad

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a customer if she answer the door in bra and panties and told you too come in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What would you do if you where with another tech and there was a 100$ on the table and the other tech stole it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   1 Answer

Interrogation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mastech (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a guy from other side of the planet with some Skype Number, went through every project on Resume, till then it was nice, once we started discussing about Relocation, he started asking my family kids, how many cars, etc..I was little uncomfortable, but answered patiently, Later he started asking how I got my Immigration, then I declined to answer and I declined the Job offer and said not interested to work with them. Then interview went south :) But he didn't stopped, continued with silly questions, till I quit. Maintain professionalism, concentrate questions on whether applicant can do the Job. Ask more on technical stuff, NOT what my grand ma's middle name is.

Interview Questions

• How did you get your immigration status   1 Answer

Satellite TV Installer/Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mastech (Columbia, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

First there was an extensive online assessment quiz, then there was a phone interview, then a 1 on 1 in person. The online quiz was mostly of the nature of what would you do in a particular scenario. Most of the answers seemed to be somewhat appropriate responses to the situation. I'm not sure exactly what they were testing - how well you work together as a team or how self reliant you are. I chose to go with "Can work with little to no direct supervision" type answers. A lot of the questions were about whether I thought I could handle the working conditions (tall ladders and on roofs attics and crawl spaces in extreme temperatures).

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working in tight spaces such as attics and crawl spaces under extreme temperature conditions?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mastech in March 2015.

Interview

The oddest and most negative experience I have ever had. Recruiter had a very “Stalinist” approach. I felt I was being interrogated by a KGB agent. The only elements missing was the subzero windowless room & the interrogation lamp. Recruiter was unprepared, disorganized, Rude, Aggressive with a relentless "In Your Face" demeanor (i.e. demonstrated confrontational behavior the entire time). Lacked professional courtesy and showed no cross culture communications skills what so ever. Incapable of processing any response that required more than minimal effort. Operated on a rudimentary "Red Peg, Red Hole" mentality. My take-away & impression from this experience was that working at this company would equate to a boiler room/sweat shop environment that operates on a lowest bidder mentality at the cost of it's front line employees. Nothing good could have come of it; the entire process was a waste of time. Will avoid applying to any opening listed by them. I like to believe that this incident was the exception to the case but my instinct tells me it’s the norm and that recruiter was simply following company protocols. IMHO I suspect that management abides to a strictly profit driven mentality with a high employee burnout rate. Advice to Management: Take this review seriously & as unbiased critique. Suggest conducting internal review/assessment on how this recruiter treats/screen YOUR applicants...

Interview Questions

• Items that where readily listed on your CV if he had actually done his job.   Answer Question

Satellite Tech/Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mastech (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview then in person interview at MasTech office. The phone interview was mainly asking things like can you lift a heavy tool belt and climb a 40 ft. ladder? The in person interview was similar but more in-depth. The interviewer told me to keep an eye on my email (presumably for an offer from HR?) and the email from the recruiter said they would notify me of a decision within 24 hours after the interview but I never got anything from them. A few days later I called the recruiter and she said they are hiring another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working in closed spaces such as attics in extreme temperature conditions?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mastech.

Interview

Behavioral type questions and I was interviewed by 2 people

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Mastech.

Interview

My Interview process was totally based out of client's interview. I was selected into their payroll as soon I cleared an interview at client position. At Mastech I really did not had any interview. I did had an orientation at Mastech that is just an overview of their process and is a one way communication of their process and not an interactive one I should say.

Negotiation

It was a matching of another offer that I got locally. There was back and forth of two days of communication and approval, but was smooth overall.

Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mastech (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

asked about construction experience, and when i could start.

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Senior Java Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mastech (Irving, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Well organized and efficient

Interview Questions

• What would your choice of design pattern be for a mobile wallet system   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for base salary negotiation, but relocation bonus was negotiated

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple level of interviews.