Mastech Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mastech (Bangalore (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone screen- Aptitude test - psychological test - In person interview - final interview

Junior Recruiter Interview

Interview

Initial Telephonic interview followed by face to face rounds. 1st round: Technical procedures about the IT industry, basics of information technology. Process of cold calls and differentiating the actual from the fake 2nd round: HR round. Basic checks and why you need the job. What are your future plans and how will you add to the company. Nothing over the top

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple level of interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mastech.

Interview

Behavioral type questions and I was interviewed by 2 people

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Mastech.

Interview

My Interview process was totally based out of client's interview. I was selected into their payroll as soon I cleared an interview at client position. At Mastech I really did not had any interview. I did had an orientation at Mastech that is just an overview of their process and is a one way communication of their process and not an interactive one I should say.

Negotiation

It was a matching of another offer that I got locally. There was back and forth of two days of communication and approval, but was smooth overall.

Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mastech (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

asked about construction experience, and when i could start.

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mastech in March 2015.

Interview

The oddest and most negative experience I have ever had. Recruiter had a very “Stalinist” approach. I felt I was being interrogated by a KGB agent. The only elements missing was the subzero windowless room & the interrogation lamp. Recruiter was unprepared, disorganized, Rude, Aggressive with a relentless "In Your Face" demeanor (i.e. demonstrated confrontational behavior the entire time). Lacked professional courtesy and showed no cross culture communications skills what so ever. Incapable of processing any response that required more than minimal effort. Operated on a rudimentary "Red Peg, Red Hole" mentality. My take-away & impression from this experience was that working at this company would equate to a boiler room/sweat shop environment that operates on a lowest bidder mentality at the cost of it's front line employees. Nothing good could have come of it; the entire process was a waste of time. Will avoid applying to any opening listed by them. I like to believe that this incident was the exception to the case but my instinct tells me it’s the norm and that recruiter was simply following company protocols. IMHO I suspect that management abides to a strictly profit driven mentality with a high employee burnout rate. Advice to Management: Take this review seriously & as unbiased critique. Suggest conducting internal review/assessment on how this recruiter treats/screen YOUR applicants...

Interview Questions

• Items that where readily listed on your CV if he had actually done his job.   Answer Question

Interrogation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mastech (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a guy from other side of the planet with some Skype Number, went through every project on Resume, till then it was nice, once we started discussing about Relocation, he started asking my family kids, how many cars, etc..I was little uncomfortable, but answered patiently, Later he started asking how I got my Immigration, then I declined to answer and I declined the Job offer and said not interested to work with them. Then interview went south :) But he didn't stopped, continued with silly questions, till I quit. Maintain professionalism, concentrate questions on whether applicant can do the Job. Ask more on technical stuff, NOT what my grand ma's middle name is.

Interview Questions

• How did you get your immigration status   1 Answer

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mastech (Calcutta (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview included GD and then PI initially. Those who were shortlisted had to give an nline psychometric test. Then finally another two rounds of PI.

Junior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Mastech in January 2014.

Interview

Got referred , most of the times Corporate/Internal recruiters will call you based your resume on the job boards . After first level of screening, you shall be given a prometric/ psychological aptitude tes and called for an in person meeting . Here you will have a MCQ of 50 easy questions , interview with the recruitment managers , followed by a small chat with the company director.

Interview Questions

• Normal personality related questions, why you are a fit for the job, strengths and weakness, biggest achievements , why recruitment ? Future plans after 5 years, How do you handle stress ? etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate , If you have prior experience , you should try .