MasterCard

Updated Aug 22, 2014

2.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard.

Two rounds of interview. First round with someone on the team, and second round with manager. There is nothing unexpected, and they had an alumna to come over and interview me during on campus recruiting process, which is very nice.

Other Interview Reviews for MasterCard

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard.

First had a 1 on 1 half our interview with a few different departments. I was then supposed to have a phone interview with the manager but I was offered an internship early because I had other offers on the table.

Interview Questions
    None, they pay VERY competitively for interns.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

interviewed at MasterCard in April 2014.

Two interviews-one with HR and one with hiring manager. Both over the phone. After the one with the hiring manager, I got a call later that day offering me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard.

On campus recruiting, and interviewed b

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral, nothing surprising came up, pretty standard. The interviewer was very nice.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

One round of phone interview and one round of on site

Interview Questions
    • what's your biggest mistakes in your analytics projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard in March 2013.

After submitting an application online I contacted a recruitment officer that was listed online and explained that I was applying for a summer internship position and attached my resume.

The officer was very quick about getting back to me, despite the fact that they were currently out of office. A phone interview was scheduled and consisted of mostly HR/screening questions. I walked through my resume and explained the material/information on it.

After that I was asked to travel to MasterCard Technologies HQ in O'Fallon, Missouri. Unfortunately, I was asked to provide my own transportation (which I had) but it was still somewhat aggravating. The in-person interview in O'Fallon was, again, more HR/screening questions and some technical questions.

After the interview, I was told I would be contacted in the next week with a decision. However, probably due to the fact that there were very few spaces left, I was contacted later that day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions, mostly questions regarding my experience in coding and IT, as it was an internship/entry level position.   Answer Question
    I was given little to no negotiation power. The only part I was able to influence was the timeline on when I would give a response to the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MasterCard in December 2012.

I was interviewed on campus for a 1:1 behavioral interview and then I was invited to the MasterCard campus for interviews with different team managers who wanted to interview with me.

I wasn't asked any technical questions. It was all standard behavioral interview questions and we went over my resume. The on-site interview was informal and relaxed. I was a little annoyed they didn't pay for my trip up to the campus.

Interview Questions

Took offer at another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard in April 2012.

As I was traveling for a couple of conferences, HR was extremely accommodating about scheduling a phone interview - they waited till I return to stateside. The interview was a wonderful easy process, though some questions about current academic work can be challenging.

After which, Management will interview via phone, and again, it was no fuss and easy to work with. I was impressed by how efficient and professional everyone was, and I was certainly excited to work with the people I have spoken with over the entire process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard in May 2011.

One simple phone interview--mostly behavioral questions

n/a

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard in October 2013.

Two interviews by phone with the corporate hr. Than two interviews face to face with two manager, one manager for the open position. One with a senior.

Interview Questions
    • Valutation and comments about charts and data.   View Answer
    No negotiation in term of salary. They give me two weeks to quit my previous job