MasterCard

99 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leader, Product Marketing Interview

Leader, Product Marketing

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in November 2013.

Interview Details – Met on the phone with the hiring manager and well as in person with four members of the marketing team and came back and met with the group head.

Interview Question – Asking to give examples on how most recently applied data to solve a business issue.   View Answer

Business Leader Interview

Business Leader

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard.

Interview Details – Fast and thorough process. Excellent rapport with candidates. Seamless and courteous. Respectful to the candidate and the experience in the industry. One of the best interview processes I have encountered.

Interview Question – Really straight forward and if prepared nothing is unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pleasant and fair. responsive

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

Interviewed at MasterCard

Interview Details – From the time I submitted my application online and I finally heard an answer back from HR, the process took almost 2 months. The most frustrating part was that after the second interview it took them a month to "make a decision".

Interview Question – Rapid fire behavioral type questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Assistant Interview

Business Assistant
Purchase, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview Process was quick and efficient. I met with HR and then with two executives. I was given a quick tour of the builing. Everyone was extremly nice and professional. Within 2 weeks I received an offer letter.

Interview Question – None. I was preprared   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Agency took care to this part

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Purchase, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MasterCard in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through the MasterCard website in January. I got a call from the head of the college intern program a few weeks later to set up an interview. She was so nice and asked me basic interview questions about my previous experiences and really sold me on the MasterCard experience. I heard back three weeks later that I had received an offer for the summer in their Purchase office.

Interview Question – Talk about a group experience and how you dealt with those situations. Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations because it was a generous offer.

MasterCard Response

Jun 9, 2014VP, Employer Brand Marketing

We hope you have a great intern experience this summer!

Business Leader Interview

Business Leader
Purchase, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in April 2014.

Interview Details – HR leader found me on Linked In and initiated contact for a position. I had 3 phone interniews and 3 in person interviews. After the 3 in person interviews, I was told they would contact me in the end of the week. I wasn't contacted. I sent an email to HR a few days later asking where they were in the process and didn't get a response. 3 weeks after the in person interview I receive one of those authomatic emails saying thank you but you were not selected.

I would expect aftert 6 interviews that I would at least get a reply to my email, even if it was to say they are still in the process or that I didn't get an offer. But I got nothing, until I received the automatic email weeks later.

Interview Question – Give us an example of a project where you had to work crossfunctionally and influence your partners to agree with your strategy and how did you do it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Purchase, NY

I interviewed at MasterCard in April 2014.

Interview Details – Two interviews-one with HR and one with hiring manager. Both over the phone. After the one with the hiring manager, I got a call later that day offering me the position.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
O'Fallon, MO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in May 2013.

Interview Details – On site interview - 3 team members

Interview Question – Tell me how you handle stressful situations   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated higher salary and ability to work from home part time

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
Purchase, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 10 months - interviewed at MasterCard in December 2010.

Interview Details – Too many rounds over too long a time period. Poor communication from HR contacts

Interview Question – Business case   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard.

Interview Details – First had a 1 on 1 half our interview with a few different departments. I was then supposed to have a phone interview with the manager but I was offered an internship early because I had other offers on the table.

Interview Question – Name 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, they pay VERY competitively for interns.

Worked for MasterCard? Contribute to the Community!