MasterCard

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.8

Consulting Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard.

Superday with 5 interviews after initial screening. Also online assessment. The questions were either behavioral, case, and a couple brain teasers. The online assessment takes about 3 hours and yesrs math, English and attitude. Initial screening interview was low key.

Interview Questions
    • Sell the interviewer on a water filtration system for a municipality.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard.

I applied through my university. First round interview was a 1:1 with a MasterCard employee; the interview wasn't too engaging, and it consisted mainly of behavioral questions and questions about your application. 2nd round interview is an on-site interview with potential teams and workgroups. I did not make it to that stage however.

Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard.

I applied through an employee referral-process took 2 weeks. I was interviewed by one of the Managers. He seemed nice, but very rushed. Asked me about my interests, why MasterCard, and why consulting.

Finance Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at MasterCard.

I had a phone interview/screening where I was asked to elaborate on the details of my resume and questioned about the basic requirements of the job. About a week later, I was asked to come to the office for a face-to-face interview. I met with a panel of managers, all of whom the person in the position would have some interaction. The interview was lengthy and they each asked technical questions pertaining to the aspect of the job that related to their duties.

Interview Questions
    • It was more than a year ago that I interviewed so I don't recall specifics, however, there were lots of behavioral questions. I suggest thorough preparation for interviews.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at MasterCard.

It was clear and concise. Asked about basic skills and if I had familiar experience in the payments industry. The interviewer was very nice. The interview was about 30 minutes long.

I applied online – interviewed at MasterCard.

One on-site interview that lasted all day. I interviewed with four different teams that were interested in having me on their team. Mostly all behavioral questions and what I have worked on in the past. At the end of the day they asked me to rate the teams based on best match.

Consultant Interview

The interviewer just said a blunt "Hi" and offered a seat. Blank face, no expressions on the interviewer's face. Had two interviews in a day, both first round. Interviewer asked GPA, which wasn't great. Asked a general overview of the resume. Then he asked some estimate questions and mathematical analytical questions. Answered most of them but couldn't correctly answer a couple of them.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate how many women on the east coast between the ages 20 and 35 had painting as their hobby.   Answer Question

Senior Business Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at MasterCard.

Very Straight forward process. Their Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn, followed by a phone screen, then in person in Purchase, NY. While in NY, had 6 face to face interviews ranging from group executive to HR leader. Everyone was very nice, after a short wait, was informed they were going in a different direction. Very professional organization, I was disappointed, but I wish them great luck on their project!

Interview Questions
    • Biggest challenge was trying to adjust to the interviewer as they were all short meetings.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MasterCard in October 2014.

I applied through my school's job board. Then, I was asked to do the on campus interview. Meanwhile I finished a long personality test (online). The interview was very pleasant, asking general questions in regard with the study, dream job, and why MasterCard.

A week later, I was invited to a on site interview in their Manhattan office. The interview lasted for about 5 hours, consisting a introduction on MasterCard, and a 4 hour long project. There were about 20 candidates, most of them are from ivy league schools.

After about two weeks, I was notified that I got no offer.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions been asked, all general easy questions. Kinda surprised me.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MasterCard in September 2014.

Just apply online and list out your skills required for the job. If you could get an employee referred. That would give you a leg up for sure. You many also seek out local recruiting companies for help. They might have a one on one relationship with the hiring manager.