MasterCard

2.9

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard.

The hiring and interview Process was quick and efficient. I met with HR and then with two executives. I was given a quick tour of the builing. Everyone was extremly nice and professional. Within 2 weeks I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    Agency took care to this part

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in April 2014.

HR leader found me on Linked In and initiated contact for a position. I had 3 phone interniews and 3 in person interviews. After the 3 in person interviews, I was told they would contact me in the end of the week. I wasn't contacted. I sent an email to HR a few days later asking where they were in the process and didn't get a response. 3 weeks after the in person interview I receive one of those authomatic emails saying thank you but you were not selected.

I would expect aftert 6 interviews that I would at least get a reply to my email, even if it was to say they are still in the process or that I didn't get an offer. But I got nothing, until I received the automatic email weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a project where you had to work crossfunctionally and influence your partners to agree with your strategy and how did you do it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

interviewed at MasterCard in April 2014.

Two interviews-one with HR and one with hiring manager. Both over the phone. After the one with the hiring manager, I got a call later that day offering me the position.

Digital Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in March 2014.

I applied online through school career site. A month or two later I heard back with a scheduled HR skype interview. This was a 30 minute professional skills interview, the HR person was very nice. Two hours later I heard back with a follow up final round interview super day. At this event we had solo interviews and solo case study presentations. One hour after the super day I got a call back with a job offer. This process was very enjoyable and easy to go through. MasterCard replied very quickly at each step of the way and their HR people were always nice and supportive.

Interview Questions
    • We had 2 hours to work on a case study and present it., but it was not unexpected since the company mentions the case study in the super day invitation.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate my offer. I was more than happy with their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard.

On campus recruiting, and interviewed b

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral, nothing surprising came up, pretty standard. The interviewer was very nice.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MasterCard in February 2014.

I applied online through the MasterCard website in January. I got a call from the head of the college intern program a few weeks later to set up an interview. She was so nice and asked me basic interview questions about my previous experiences and really sold me on the MasterCard experience. I heard back three weeks later that I had received an offer for the summer in their Purchase office.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a group experience and how you dealt with those situations. Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    No negotiations because it was a generous offer.

MasterCard Response

Jun 9, 2014VP, Employer Brand Marketing

We hope you have a great intern experience this summer!

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in December 2013.

Applied through on-campus recruiting, followed with an onsite Superday. Interviewed with the leaders of all their product divisions and an employee from HR. Standard behavioral interview (Why mastercard, walk me through your resume, etc) -- since the interview is not terribly analytical or case based, make sure you know your answers thoroughly and have a compelling pitch for you're a good fit for the position. Research the products beforehand, come in with knowledge of the payments industry, possible competitors, and your own ideas. One brief case study for their prepaid division. Overall, very painless if you're well prepared and know what you're doing.

Interview Questions
    • Segment the market for people who are denied credit and propose a solution for engaging that customer base.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in April 2012.

As I was traveling for a couple of conferences, HR was extremely accommodating about scheduling a phone interview - they waited till I return to stateside. The interview was a wonderful easy process, though some questions about current academic work can be challenging.

After which, Management will interview via phone, and again, it was no fuss and easy to work with. I was impressed by how efficient and professional everyone was, and I was certainly excited to work with the people I have spoken with over the entire process.

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in February 2012.

Was called by recruiter, had 1:1 phone interview with hiring manager. Was called two weeks later to meet with eight different people. It was long, too long. Overall, people were good. Talked alot about career experience and how it relates to position - though ALL the questions were more geared towards an aspect of the job description that was not that emphasized. Did not receive any notification, even automated, that the decision process has ended. Atmosphere seemed nice. Location is remote with absolutely nothing near by, definitely something to consider if you're used to working in Mahattan. They are only accessible by car, unless you take cabs from the train everyday to work.

MasterCard Advisers Information Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in February 2012.

I applied for this position through the company's website. A few days later, I was contacted by HR for a phone screening, which went very well. The HR person loved me and thought I was "perfect" for the role. She passed along her feedback to the hiring manager who wanted to bring me in for an interview. Shortly thereafter, I was contacted by a HR coordinator about my availability over the next week or two. I provided my availabilty but did not hear back for about a week, by which time my availability had changed. About a week later an interview was scheduled.

I was sent directions to their offices in Purchase, NY where they occupy two buildings in close proximity but which technically have two different street addresses. The directions indicated where to go once you entered the office park but they were wrong. They were supposed take you to the the Manhattanville Road building, which is where my interview was, but they actually guided you to the Purchase Street headquarters. Luckily, I got there a few minutes early and was smart enough to ignore the directions and go to the correct building. Security is pretty tight, which isn't a big deal unless you have to go through it twice (hint, hint). I met with the department head for about 45 minutes. He was nice enough and seemed pretty intelligent. I think he'd been with the company for like 20+ years.

After that interview, I was scheduled to go to the corporate headquarters (the other building) to meet with the original HR rep for about 30 minutes, basically just to re-cap how the interview went. I had to go through security again, which included metal detectors this time. From a candidate's standpoint, this seemed a bit unnecessary and inconvenient. They could have simply put me in a conference room in one of the buildings and had me remain stationary. The hiring manager and HR could have met with me there and not had me drive from building to building, re-park my car, and go through security again.

When I met with the HR person, she reiterated how "perfect" I was for this position and told me she "couldn't think of a better candidate". Less than a week later, I recieved an email from that same HR person telling me that the hiring manager thought I had a solid "operational" background but that he was looking for somebody with more "strategy" experience. I completely get that, but my discussions with HR were more operational in nature and one look at my resume tells you my experience is on the operations side. So there was obviously a disconnect between what HR thought was the right background and what the hiring manager was actually looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of any. The interview was mostly a detailed description of the business and the department, and me asking questions. The position itself was vague.   Answer Question

Worked for MasterCard? Contribute to the Community!