MasterCard Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated May 19, 2015

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MasterCard (Purchase, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Took a while to get noticed enough to get an interview, but once that happened the process was very enjoyable. Everyone I met was extremely nice, professional, and responsive. The entire process was the best managed that I've ever experienced. I had 1 phone interview with the hiring manager, and then a full day of in-person interviews on site.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just questions regarding the resume and past experiences. Some behavioral questions. Nothing really technical. They were looking to just hire smart people instead of testing how good my memory was in recalling technical details on the spot.   Answer Question

Finance Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard (Purchase, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interview with various levels within the department and HR including 2 rounds of with HR (one local and one in St. Louis in their global shared service center) and 4 round within the department. Basic getting to know you questions in the HR stage with some strength and weakness questions. Departmental level questions are more related to where you see yourself within the organization and how you will coordinate yourself in the role and within the deparmtent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be honest with how much you currently make and what you want to make. The 2nd round with HR is usually when the leader reveal the offered salaries. During the initial interview process, you will get to see a central portal of the benefits MasterCard offers.

Senior Business Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard (Purchase, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Received call saying the role was filled, but they had a new one that they thought I would be a good fit for. I said yes and they set up a phone screen, then came in and met Talent Aquistiion and 2 SVP's. Then was called back for a best and final - and received offer the next day!

Interview Questions

• What did I know about MC already   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried - but they were very firm on thier offer. I respected this, and since it was a good offer, I accepted!

Business Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard (Purchase, NY).

Interview

The hiring and interview Process was quick and efficient. I met with HR and then with two executives. I was given a quick tour of the builing. Everyone was extremly nice and professional. Within 2 weeks I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Agency took care to this part

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard (Purchase, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

HR leader found me on Linked In and initiated contact for a position. I had 3 phone interniews and 3 in person interviews. After the 3 in person interviews, I was told they would contact me in the end of the week. I wasn't contacted. I sent an email to HR a few days later asking where they were in the process and didn't get a response. 3 weeks after the in person interview I receive one of those authomatic emails saying thank you but you were not selected.

I would expect aftert 6 interviews that I would at least get a reply to my email, even if it was to say they are still in the process or that I didn't get an offer. But I got nothing, until I received the automatic email weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a project where you had to work crossfunctionally and influence your partners to agree with your strategy and how did you do it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

interviewed at MasterCard (Purchase, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Two interviews-one with HR and one with hiring manager. Both over the phone. After the one with the hiring manager, I got a call later that day offering me the position.

Digital Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard (Purchase, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through school career site. A month or two later I heard back with a scheduled HR skype interview. This was a 30 minute professional skills interview, the HR person was very nice. Two hours later I heard back with a follow up final round interview super day. At this event we had solo interviews and solo case study presentations. One hour after the super day I got a call back with a job offer. This process was very enjoyable and easy to go through. MasterCard replied very quickly at each step of the way and their HR people were always nice and supportive.

Interview Questions

• We had 2 hours to work on a case study and present it., but it was not unexpected since the company mentions the case study in the super day invitation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my offer. I was more than happy with their offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard (Purchase, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting, and interviewed b

Interview Questions

• All behavioral, nothing surprising came up, pretty standard. The interviewer was very nice.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MasterCard (Purchase, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the MasterCard website in January. I got a call from the head of the college intern program a few weeks later to set up an interview. She was so nice and asked me basic interview questions about my previous experiences and really sold me on the MasterCard experience. I heard back three weeks later that I had received an offer for the summer in their Purchase office.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a group experience and how you dealt with those situations. Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations because it was a generous offer.

MasterCard Response

Jun 9, 2014VP, Employer Brand Marketing

We hope you have a great intern experience this summer!

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard (Purchase, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting, followed with an onsite Superday. Interviewed with the leaders of all their product divisions and an employee from HR. Standard behavioral interview (Why mastercard, walk me through your resume, etc) -- since the interview is not terribly analytical or case based, make sure you know your answers thoroughly and have a compelling pitch for you're a good fit for the position. Research the products beforehand, come in with knowledge of the payments industry, possible competitors, and your own ideas. One brief case study for their prepaid division. Overall, very painless if you're well prepared and know what you're doing.

Interview Questions

• Segment the market for people who are denied credit and propose a solution for engaging that customer base.   Answer Question