MasterCard

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MasterCard in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was smooth. I met with HR and then with two persons in the same day. In total I met with three senior people and I was offfered a postion within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes. Ask for more money.

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at MasterCard in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited for a position that was of moderate interest. I followed up with the SVP on the job over a lunch and decided to pass on the opening.

Interview Question – What kinds of projects have you been involved wtih?   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview Process was straight forward. At the time, I was currently contracting at MC so the interview process was informal.

It consisted of (2) parts: HR interview and team interview. HR questions were basic (example: where do you see yourself in 5 years). The team interview was more of a chat since I has been contracting there and had done the for two years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate - small increase from first offer -

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in March 2011.

Interview Details – This position was set up through a recruiter. Phone interview went about 1 hour (which is unusal). Only interviewed with hiring manager for phone interview and 1:1. There are many very talented working there. Office is a very relaxed atmosphere. Normally start date is 2 weeks after accepting offer. I was asked to start right away which I was happy to accomodate, however that meant no PC, no access to files, folders and tools. Could not really be productive.

Interview Question – What type of management style do I have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing. Be careful in understanding the hiring manager's experience level. When the hiring manager is new to the position they don't really know how to communicate what they are really expecting.

Worked for MasterCard? Contribute to the Community!