MasterCard

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Software Engineer Interview

Purchase, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through school career site. A month or two later I heard back with a scheduled HR skype interview. This was a 30 minute professional skills interview, the HR person was very nice. Two hours later I heard back with a follow up final round interview super day. At this event we had solo interviews and solo case study presentations. One hour after the super day I got a call back with a job offer. This process was very enjoyable and easy to go through. MasterCard replied very quickly at each step of the way and their HR people were always nice and supportive.

Interview Question – We had 2 hours to work on a case study and present it., but it was not unexpected since the company mentions the case study in the super day invitation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate my offer. I was more than happy with their offer.

Intern Interview

Intern
Purchase, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting, and interviewed b

Interview Question – All behavioral, nothing surprising came up, pretty standard. The interviewer was very nice.   Answer Question

Purchase, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very long with 10 interviews!!! First one was over the phone, very basic followed by a full day of interviews at the Purchase office.

Negotiation Details – really easy - the offer was just what I was hoping for

Vice President Senior Business Leader Interview

Vice President Senior Business Leader
Purchase, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MasterCard in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth - I worked through a headhunter, so she handled the negotiations on my behalf, but the actual interview process was pretty simple. I only came in one day, met with HR, the proposed manager and 2 potential colleagues. I then had a phone interview with one other potential colleague. I got the offer the same day.

Interview Question – I can't say there was a difficult or unexpected question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I worked with a head hunter and she handled the negotiations on my behalf. MasterCard was flexible with salary.

Associate Analyst Interview

Associate Analyst
Purchase, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus recruiting, followed with an onsite Superday. Interviewed with the leaders of all their product divisions and an employee from HR. Standard behavioral interview (Why mastercard, walk me through your resume, etc) -- since the interview is not terribly analytical or case based, make sure you know your answers thoroughly and have a compelling pitch for you're a good fit for the position. Research the products beforehand, come in with knowledge of the payments industry, possible competitors, and your own ideas. One brief case study for their prepaid division. Overall, very painless if you're well prepared and know what you're doing.

Interview Question – Segment the market for people who are denied credit and propose a solution for engaging that customer base.   Answer Question

Product Leader Interview

Product Leader
Purchase, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MasterCard in May 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter sourced resume from Linkedin
Had 45 minute phone conversation with hiring manager. He appeared stand-offish but apparently was impressed enough for additional conversations.
Had two in-person interviews with future peer and SVP - I really enjoyed the exchanges
Received an offer within 3 days - delayed for 1 week to complete other previously scheduled interviews. Choose MasterCard because of stronger package and better career alignment

Interview Question – Asked to discuss consumer barriers towards online purchasing (not initially interesting, but lead to deeper conversations)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was stronger than expected, so I took it

Business Leader
Purchase, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MasterCard in September 2009.

Interview Details – At least five rounds of interviews; the process took a while. The interview questions were relevant and easy to address given my expertise. I enjoyed meeting people throughout the process, and I knew many of them as I had been in the industry for a while. I just had to be patient with the time it took them to reach a hiring decision.

Interview Question – I was asked several business case questions on how to size a market. It was fine for me; I appreciated that.   Answer Question

Business Leader for US Digital Marketing Interview

Purchase, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MasterCard in February 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by an outside recruiter. First round of interviews was a telephone interview. Second round consisted of in person interviews. Phone interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – Give a specific example with metrics of a social media campaign you developed   View Answer

Business Leader
Purchase, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in March 2011.

Interview Details – All jobs are posted online. Headhunters are usually used for jobs as well.
Interviews are behaviorial and focus on skill set and past experience.
Good portion of jobs are fulfilled through external hires, especially when certain skills are sought.
Once you are short listed, the MasterCard recruiter generally schedules a screening interview to confirm fit and objectives. They also set salary expectations up front so that there are no suprises.
Assuming you meet the initial criteria, then there is a first round with the hiring manager - on the phone or in person if you are local.
Then there is a second/final round where you meet a broader set of people, 4-6. They generally narrow down to 2-3 candidates for a final round.
If selected, the recruiter will reach out to you with an offer and ask you to get back to them within 24 hours.

Interview Question – Questions are generally very tied to the specfic opportunity and focus on the skills and background required. They dont throw in brain teasers and unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me an offer that was 10% higher that what we spoke about during the initial interview with the recruiter. They even covered a good portion of unvested stock from my previous employer as a sign-on. Didnt really give me anything to negotiate about.

Finance Intern Interview

Purchase, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MasterCard in April 2011.

Interview Details – Studied abroad during application and interview process. Heard back in about one to two weeks for an interview. Was given a phone interview as an alternative instead since I could not physically be there for the in person interview. Only 1 round. Behavioral questions. General "Tell me about yourself" or "why do you want to work here" questions. Interviewed by HR who was nice. Interviewer hinted that I most likely would have gotten the job but needed to get back to me to be sure. Received the offer about 1 - 2 weeks later. Overall, positive interview experience. However, quite a bit of waiting for HR to respond. They may tell you they will get back to you by a certain date, but it will likely take longer and you may need to remind them.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were in a group and there was an issue. Describe the problem and what actions you took, as well as the impact of your actions.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at MasterCard

Worked for MasterCard? Contribute to the Community!

MasterCard Videos

MasterCard – Why Work for Us?

NOT JUST SHAPING THE FUTURE. CHANGING IT. Here at MasterCard, we work at the heart of commerce. While our people around the world may be engaged in any number of interesting and exciting projects at any given time, we… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MasterCard interview questions and advice in Purchase, NY. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by MasterCard employees and interview candidates.