MasterCard Software Architect Interview Questions

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MasterCard (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied with Mastercard through a recruiter, and Mastercard scheduled the interview within 2 weeks. I drove to their O'Fallon campus and interviewed at 8am. I met with a team lead who would be my boss. The interview was not very technical. He mostly questioned me about my approaches to project management and wanted to know about my previous experience. I could tell he was technical in the past, but had left technical roles for management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences with Java Development   1 Answer

Even though I gave the recruiter a minimum salary, Mastercard offered much lower than my minimum (33% less). I attribute this not to Mastercard's difficult negotiation tactics, but to the recruiter's ineptitude and/or lack of ethics.