MasterCard Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasterCard.

Interview

Phone screen from the intern HR rep. After I answered a few questions about myself, I was offered a chance to speak with the hiring manager. The phone interview with the hiring manager was good. For some reason, my ATT service kept dropping in and out, so I had to explain myself multiple times. The Manager and I were able to laugh it off and continue the convo. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for MasterCard

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MasterCard in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's job board. Then, I was asked to do the on campus interview. Meanwhile I finished a long personality test (online). The interview was very pleasant, asking general questions in regard with the study, dream job, and why MasterCard. A week later, I was invited to a on site interview in their Manhattan office. The interview lasted for about 5 hours, consisting a introduction on MasterCard, and a 4 hour long project. There were about 20 candidates, most of them are from ivy league schools. After about two weeks, I was notified that I got no offer.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions been asked, all general easy questions. Kinda surprised me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in O Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MasterCard (O Fallon, MO).

Interview

I had two interviews. First one was HR round and the other was with manager and a technical guy. More focus was given to the professional skills as I was interviewed for the entry level.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are pretty straight forward. Most of the questions are related to the professional skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasterCard (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

2 onsite interviews. 1 technical and 1 with hr. Technical was about java and the hr one was to go through cv. Moderate in difficulty. 2 people in technical interview. One hr woman in the second interview.

Interview Questions

Office was very open plan with no dividers between desks at all. Very offputting. Received low ball offer and declined. Pushy recruitment woman tried to convince me to to accept by saying that my talent was nothing special and I didn't deserve more, that they had plenty of good talent already. Think she needs some lessons in charm. Also they want a background check. Did one of them before and and it is a real pain. Another offputting reason. What's wrong with a reference check?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MasterCard (Pune (India)).

Interview

1. MCQ written test on java 2. Java coding question written (hackerrank coding problems, avg difficulty) 3. Technical Interview 4. Senior Manager Interview 5. HR for pune location, cleared 3 rounds but senior managers not satisfied with my reason to switch

Interview Questions

• How to make class immutable?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MasterCard (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

Before the technical on-site interview, there is a coding test in school. Then after you get invited to the live coding, several team managers will come and ask you questions in their office. Most of questions are not hard: basic SQL, data structures, algorithms questions. Then you will be asked about the position you are applying for. For example, key terms in mobile programming (platform specific).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MasterCard (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2013.

Interview

I believe they found me on Linkedin and called me. Asked about my experience and schedule a interview with a manager and a Architect, there was a few Java questions that wasn’t hard, they were more interested what what I have builded, how and why I did that way. Another interview was settled with 2 others developers, asking about frontend skills, because they were looking for frondend skills as well. The last one HR team.

Interview Questions

• They asked the most complicated part of the system that I made, I didn’t really remembered well because was long time ago, In fact would be hard even if remembered, because it was a complex part of the system   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask a bit more because they going to offer a bit less