Matco Tools

Relevance Date Difficulty

Development Manager Interview

Development Manager
Stow, OH

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Matco Tools in June 2011.

Interview Details – I first received a one on one phone interview by the Human Resource Manager with similar STAR type questions. They are looking for candidates that ask intelligent questions regarding the operations of the company. It demonstrates you are career orientated and are looking for a long term / good fit.

The second step was a phone interview with a DM level Manager who asked typical questions to assure I had experience in the franchise sales field.

The third Interview was a lunch face to face with the same DM, fortunately he was one of the best persons I have meet and we click immediately, he could tell I was well qualify for the position and his major concern was to establish if I we were a good fit which we definitely were.

The fourth interview was with RM level manager, who the DM reported too, these set of interviews were focus on assuring that I had the experience and back ground to perform the duties and making sure I new what the position entailed in terms of the hours of operations, method of sales, etc.

The real interview starts when you are invited to the corporate office, they send you a plane ticket, hotel reservation & they also booked the auto, which you pay for out of pocket. An expense report form is handed out to your during the interview for all other incidentals.

In the corporate office I interview with four: the HR Manager who phone screened me the first time. An additional Senior HR Manager, the VP / Operation Managers and Franchise Admin Manager and the VP of Sales.

These interviews did not seem to be about your qualifications or experience but more of a sociological test to try to find out as much as possible about you and your intentions of wanting to join the company. Be advise that they will hang too anything you say to turn it into some kind of disadvantage.

Interview Questions

Worked for Matco Tools? Contribute to the Community!