Materia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Chemist Interview

Chemist
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Materia in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was more friendly than expected. Mostly talked about the type of work that is done in the company. Otherwise a short and to the point interview.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Materials Chemist Interview

Materials Chemist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Materia in February 2014.

Interview Details – Very straightforward. HR assistant contacted me through e-mail and set up a day for interview. Interviewed with a few senior researchers that I would be working with. Answers were pretty standard, they asked details about my previous experience, likes/dislikes. Also asked about my work ethic and gauged my attitude to working there. The 3 senior chemists seemed positive about my skills and were nice to talk to.

Interview Question – Hiring manager was very vague when he asked me about my flexibility. Did not go into specifics about overtime or weekend.   View Answer

Chemist Interview

Chemist
Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Materia in August 2011.

Interview Details – Academic culture, not conducive to a profitable industry. Would not recommend this Company to anyone.

Interview Question – What were your business failures and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation, take it or leave it offer.

Director of Human Resources Interview

Director of Human Resources
Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Materia in May 2009.

Interview Details – Received a cold call, learned about the company, came in for a day of interviews (4 in total).

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Happy where I was, checking out the market.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Materia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Materia interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Materia employees and interview candidates.