Materia

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Materia

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Materia in April 2014.

The interview process was more friendly than expected. Mostly talked about the type of work that is done in the company. Otherwise a short and to the point interview.

Materials Chemist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Materia in February 2014.

Very straightforward. HR assistant contacted me through e-mail and set up a day for interview. Interviewed with a few senior researchers that I would be working with. Answers were pretty standard, they asked details about my previous experience, likes/dislikes. Also asked about my work ethic and gauged my attitude to working there. The 3 senior chemists seemed positive about my skills and were nice to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Hiring manager was very vague when he asked me about my flexibility. Did not go into specifics about overtime or weekend.   View Answer

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Materia in August 2011.

Academic culture, not conducive to a profitable industry. Would not recommend this Company to anyone.

Interview Questions
    Little to no negotiation, take it or leave it offer.

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Materia in May 2009.

Received a cold call, learned about the company, came in for a day of interviews (4 in total).

Interview Questions
    • What did you enjoy most about your last job?   View Answer
    • Why are you looking for another job?   View Answer

Happy where I was, checking out the market.