Materialise Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.6

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Materialise (Plymouth, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. First phone calls, then in person and with the regional manager. Friendly people, HR was prompt to respond to emails and accelerated the process to meet my time constraints. Straightforward. Though I wasn't selected, the process was fairly simple and a pleasant experience. Whole process took around 3 weeks.

Applications Engineer(Medical Part) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Materialise (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Took three months starting with Hr, and Mgr then Director thru skype. There was assignment involved with given 10days to master their three of software. Pretty tough processes but compare to the effort, offered salary seems about local level which was too low for expats.

Interview Questions

• Sales technic, my career, previous work, and about their software   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Materialise in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online to this opportunity. It didn't took long before an interview was arranged in the beginning of october with an internal recruiter of the HR department. At the end of the interview I was told that I could take some weeks before getting any feedback.
    According to the prediction I did not get any feedback. In the following months I tried multiple times to phone the recruiter without any success. I didn't any response to my emails either.

Head of Department Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Materialise (Kiev (Ukraine)) in September 2014.

Interview

Emailing with HR; phone call with HR; on-site interview with head of HR and Director. A lot of questions were asked, we discussed my education, background, past experience in great detail. During the last 20 minutes, Roman explained about the company, its business and the position being offered. It's been 5 months since then and no feedback yet despite my chasing - worst interview experience ever...

Interview Questions

• Standard "soft" questions on hiring, motivation, retention, people development. A few questions on project management, technical practices like CI, CD, etc...   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Materialise (Leuven (Belgium)) in June 2014.

Interview

Took over four months to get the first phone call. In the meantime was already working for another company but was interested enough to continue the process. The Three onsite interviews could have been combined as I only met four people including HR.

Dissappointing salary and benifits

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Materialise (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

KL office in Phileo Damansara, 1st stage: HR interview and also interview with GM

Interview Questions

• Whether I can lower down my expected salary to a value that is below my current salary   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Materialise (Leuven (Belgium)) in October 2012.

Interview

First interview with HR manager: talk about expectations, interests and general reason to appy for this company. Second interview with future people manager: talk about future work and commitments, he's the one who you have to convince you're suited for the job. Third interview with R&D manager and Production Manager: they generally test your knowledge, experience, mindset, language skills, etc. and take the final decision.

Negotiation

first job, so little negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Materialise (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)).

Interview

Initial contact by email, one 2 very similar interviews with HR as it seems the person who did it first forgot to note some thing.
    One technical interview,
    one interview with the management

Interview Questions

• Some OOP design questions that was asked was unexpected because I am not very experienced in the field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for the range of their salary the told me they need to do research to give me range, but instead they just gave me an offer, I had to accept due to personal reasons, there was not negotiation

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Materialise in July 2010.

Interview

I've passed 2 interviews - one FTF with recruiter from the agency and another one by phone with CTO and HR director.