Materion Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.2

Chemical Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Materion (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Interviews are informal and friendly. Skill test involved with basic math conversions and multi task / attention test. Watching multiple gauges and identifying hazardous levels to reset.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brewster, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Materion (Brewster, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Straight forward, nothing too challenging. Had 2 separate interviews. Wasn't a high pressure situation, more of a conversation explaining my experiences and how they can apply. Took a tour of the facility to get a better understanding of the business.

High Vacuum Chamber Sputter Coating Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyngsboro, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Materion (Tyngsboro, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Started through a temp agency. When they asked me if I wanted to be hired per mantle I jumped right on that. Probably the best place I have ever worked at, the people are awesome and the pay is reasonable. They hire just about all there temps as long as they are working out well.

Interview Questions

• How can benefit our company?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Materion (Westford, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Was interviewed by 3 different technical managers at separate times. Standard interview questions. Relatively informal feel, non-intimidating. Got a tour of the facility as well as a brief explanation of the job position and expected tasks. Questions tried to gauge familiarity with industry but weren't overly difficult. There was no test or quiz during the interview however an online personality/logic quiz was given prior.

Process Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmore, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Materion (Elmore, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview. Then I took their online personality, IQ, leadership assessment. What a hassle. It took forever to complete. Then I had an onsite interview and tour. The interview was with numerous engineers and one HR person. They served a mediocre lunch to me during the interview. Overall the people were friendly. However, the work environment and position itself didn't interest me enough.

Interview Questions

The working environment is very hazardous and I was not excited about the position.

Product Pricing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Materion (Lincoln, RI) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online for the position. Received a call to schedule an interview. Interview was a 3 person panel made up of an engineer, HR, and person this role would be assisting. Everything felt rushed. Within 20 minutes I was out of there because a client was in the building and they needed the conference room. No attempt to reschedule or find another space.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know more about my background and experience. No crazy questions.   Answer Question