MathWorks

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview Details – Got an email asking for a phone interview.

Interview Question – Questions on pointers, calloc,malloc were tough   Answer Question

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied at the campus career fair. Got a call the same day for an on campus interview the next day. Had a very casual behavioral interview and was asked to fly to Natick, MA for final round. Got an email from the HR a week later asking for a date to schedule for college day interview. Had interview in November 2013.

Interview Question – Technical lasted for an hour but it was really simple. Behavioral interview is the deciding part I supposed. Messed up a little in behavioral. Make sure you are ready for Managerial interview.   Answer Question

Interviewed at MathWorks

Interview Details – cleared HR round , not for technical

Interview Question – No matter how much u know there process of hiring isn't that great   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MathWorks in May 2013.

Interview Details – campus recruit, followed by phone interview, asking about programming skills, i.e, do you know Java? Rate 1 to 5 as your skill. asked about GPA, asked about why do you want to work at Mathwork, familiar with our products? When do you able to work? Do you be able to relocate.....

Interview Question – basic information for programing skills   Answer Question

Application Engineer Interview

Application Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks in October 2013.

Interview Details – Process is the same as other companies. One HR interview followed by one technical phone interview

Interview Question – Most of the questions were the same   Answer Question

Applications Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MathWorks in September 2013.

Interview Details – I first got the phone/internet call. I got through pretty easily. Within next week I got a call for the tech interview and I took the cal. Got question in math , DSP and c. Got through math MATLAB and DSP sections without problems.

After two days I checked my online status and it said not selected.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty easy fumbled on a question in c where I was asked about pointers.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer

I interviewed at MathWorks in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email from the HR two days later to setup a date and time for an interview. First round was a telephonic HR round, all basic behavioral questions about project and stuff. Second round was a technical round, most of the questions are already posted in the previous posts. The interviewer was very helpful and relaxed. the overall experience was good.

Interview Question – Math questions especially on limits and differential equations seemed a bit difficult to me, because it had been a long time since I did anything related to that.   Answer Question

Natick, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MathWorks in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted through email for a phone interview. Asked about GPA and other stuff...Basic HR interview

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MathWorks in October 2012.

Interview Details – HR interview first and then tech interview, and not passed the second one.

Interview Question – Asked a lot of maths problems first and then 2-3 programming languages. They asked many homework questions in linear algebra and I mostly forgot how to solve.   Answer Question

Natwick, WY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied Online on Careers @ MathWorks.
Got an Email regarding Interview call after 2-3 weeks of online application.
Completed a HR interview last week with same questions as described on the Glassdoor such as Educational (GPA, Courses), Behavioral (What if you have a conflict with your team mate) & Time management.
Waiting for the Technical Interview.

Worked for MathWorks? Contribute to the Community!