MathWorks Applications Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

1.HR round(online video recorded)-15 mins 2.Technical Phone Interview(Math,C/C++,Programming Concepts,Control Systems)-1 hour 3.On-site interview(Math,C/C++,Programming Concepts,Control Systems)-4 rounds 9 am - 2 pm Programming Concepts 1.Given a random array of numbers.How do you sort them?Select any sorting algorithm and write the pseudo code.(C) I implemented Merge Sort with merge subroutine I forgot base case ,I added later 2.1/8th of a circle.(NS) I gave semi optimum solution.There was a better way without using trignometric functions C++ 2.Given inheritence hierarchy -which of the following is valid?(C) A / \ B C / D void alpha(B *arg) A*Aptr =new A; B*Bptr=new B;(valid) C* Cptr=new C; D*Dptr=new D;(valid) 3.What does the following line of code do?(C) char*c ="Hello" char d[6]; while(*c++=*d++); Matlab What is primary function and subfunction?(C) What is difference between nested function and subfunction?(C) nested functions-can access variables declared inside main functions. What is private function?(C) inside private folder What is hf=gca;(DA) gui returns current axes handle What is event function call back?(DA) How to access data members of a structure? What are cell arrays? C1={} C2={} what is C1() what is C1{} What is this code doing mystruct =struct('field1',{1,2,3}... 'field2',{4,5,6s}); MATH 1.Plot the derivative of the function(C) 2.Find the partial fraction of given expression(C) 3.Find the gradient of the given function.(C) Controls Systems 1.Explain lead and lag compensators(C) 2.Linearise the system(C) 3.Find the Transfer function from the state space equation.(C) 4.Given x1 and x2 dot ,find the Lyapunov equation.(NC) Hiring Manager Interview 1.How do you handle several projects simultaneously? 2.What are your strengths and weaknessness,according to your advisor? 3.How did you handle a situation when you missed a deadline? 4.How was your experience at Grad School? 5.If you are the dean of your university ,what would you change? 6.How did you approach a task which you had no knowledge before hand? HR Interview Why did you apply at MathWorks? If I gave you $2000 for training ,what training would you use it for? What is your plan after EDG?

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

First round-HR round Video recording.I was sent a link and I had to use that link to record a video.There should not be any disturbance while recording the video. Second round was through webex and phone It was completely technical.It went for 55 minutes and I was questioned in DSP, C programming

Interview Questions

• Asked me why this position interest you Tell me how your experience is related to this job When did your OPT start About multitasking About conflicts with your teammates and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

Hiring process is straight forward. 1) System generated email about taking video interview. Questions were: Why matheworks, how do fit for the position, VISA status, Your experience. 2) Telephonic interview for 45 minutes. All the questions were asked already here. Interview included questions of C, C++, JAVA along with few spinets.

Interview Questions

• Why matheworks, how do fit for the position, VISA status, Your experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email next day asking for time for the telephonic interview. As it was friday I scheduled it for monday. Just one telephonic interview. Typical questions as mentioned before on glassdoor. Never got a reply back from them. But after a week the status of my application changed to Match not Ideal at this time.

Interview Questions

• What us you GPA? When does your OPT start? Explain any one project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MathWorks (Boston, MA).

Interview

One HR round,One technical easy interview OOPS,JAVA ,C ,C++ concepts, coding questions, background experience, and projects that I have done. They ask 3 programming languages that you are comfortable with and then ask questions based on that. very few questions on Matlab

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

Done with first round, scheduled appointment for next round. First is general HR round very easy dont take tension. 5 questions were asked, computerized and standard as mentioned by the previous members. Its very easy. And the second round is for one hour complete technical which i am preparing for. will share my review after completion.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why this position interests you?   Answer Question
    • 2. What about your experiences makes you fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • 3. Give an example how you tackled with multiple responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • 4. Eligible to work in US without restrictions? Need sponsorship now or in the future? On a student visa now? When will the OPT start?   Answer Question
    • 5. What is your cumulative GPA?   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

First round was a HR interview. Basic HR questions were asked. Recruiter was really nice and made sure that I was comfortable, Overall a good experience and now I am waiting for my technical interview.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

It was a video based interview. The interview process was very easy to follow. Some pre-recorded questions are asked. We also have a mock interview session before the main interview. We can get use to the process during the mock interview.

Interview Questions

• how is your previous experience useful to the company? ur work status?   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MathWorks in June 2015.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MathWorks in June 2015.

Interview

Brief HR interview scheduled by recruiter followed by a technical round. It is quite obvious that the person conducting the technical round is not aware or conversant of topics pertaining to what you prefer. Just could not understand the interviewer's accent at times. The person just clicks through a set of questions to ask and most of the questions are repeated from what I've seen in the forum here. May be the right kind of company for people who prefer breadth of knowledge and giving textbook answers rather than depth of what you understand.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about C++, OOP, Calculus, Linear algebra, etc.   Answer Question