MathWorks Applications Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.6

546 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Support Engineer Interview

First round of interviews, got call through employee reference. Recruiter mailed me after about 10 days with a link to complete a video based HR interview. There were 5 pre-recorded questions. Pretty standard questions like, 1) What makes you a good fit for this role? 2) What are the relevant skills that you have that apply directly to this role? 2) What previous experience do you have for this role ? 3) Tell us how handled a situation where you had multiple responsibilities/difficult situations? 4) Work authorization etc.
Got a call for technical interview, waiting on that.

Interview Questions
  • Standard HR questions, nothing unexpected. Answers have to be short (~2 mins) and you only get one try. So its better record yourself once by using the practice set.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Submitted my resume at my university's career fair and was contacted by an HR rep within a week to schedule a short 15-20 minute phone call. Same questions asked as seen in other reviews. At the end of the phone call, scheduled a technical phone interview for the next day. The technical interview was 30 mins and questions were asked about my OOP language of choice (java) and control systems. Was told that part of the interview would involve going through my resume but it was basically 30 minutes of being drilled technical questions. Heard back 3 days later to set up another phone call, waiting on that.

Interview Questions
    • All topics were covered on glassdoor but a lot more involved than I expected   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

The first interview was just a standard HR phone interview. Why MathWorks? Why this position? Tell us about one of the projects on your resume, etc. They also ask about GPA and work status.

They scheduled at technical phone interview at the end of the call.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MathWorks.

Applied online; Asked to upload video interview(first round). Questions were pre-recorded and none of them were technical questions, all of them were behavioral questions.Recorded video of a person asking questions.There were 5 questions and all of them were same as mentioned in glassdoor.You can take a practice test before the actual process.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MathWorks in October 2014.

I applied via MathWorks website. I have received a mail to do a video interview (HR type), and after that a mail to provide dates for a phone interview. I still haven't finish the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult nor unexpected.   View Answer

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MathWorks in October 2014.

The first round was video interview which is prerecorded. There were 5 questions
    1. Why this Position?
    2. What previous experience you have related to this position.
    3. Give an example situation where you handled multiple responsibilities.
    4. what is your visa status.
    5. When does your CPT/OPT start.

Then I had a technical phone interview. I choose C, C++,Java, Data structures, Operating systems, Programming concepts and Maths.

All questions are mentioned here before.

What is enum. Pigeon hole, Given program code analyze it.

Waiting for the response.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Interviewed in Math, C and Control Systems. Was interviewed on questions as mentioned before. Controls section seemed straightforward. A few questions were a little confusing since I was revising those concepts after a long time. HR round after technical. Spoke on my all round skills and experience. Didnt clear the HR round

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MathWorks.

The first round is a pre recorded HR round for which all the questions are known - GPA, Visa status and questions about the position. Then the phone interview. The recruiter began with questions from the math section. These questions were unexpected. Lot of questions on AP, GP,probability and other concepts. None in matrices, linear algebra or calculus.(Forgot my formulae! :() I was disappointed. Then there were programming questions in C,C++ and JAVA . All were expected and are previously mentioned. I think I couldn't go forward because I didn't do well in the Math section.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on Arithmetic Progressions, Geometric Progressions and probability was unexpected. I was expecting matrices,linear algebra or calculus.   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MathWorks.

Applied through university's engineering career service website on Aug 13, 2014. Got the video interview few days later. Questions such as tells me more about you, why you like Mathworks, why this position, your future aspiration, the understanding of the position, the GPA and the academic background, describe an occasion when things did not go according to plan, are you legal to work in the US. They are all basic. Nothing heard now.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MathWorks.

Finished the video interview. Video interview is simple. They ask the five well known questions. You have to get prepared and review glassdoor questions. I am waiting for the technical phone interview.