MathWorks Applications Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.6

534 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks.

The first round is a pre recorded HR round for which all the questions are known - GPA, Visa status and questions about the position. Then the phone interview. The recruiter began with questions from the math section. These questions were unexpected. Lot of questions on AP, GP,probability and other concepts. None in matrices, linear algebra or calculus.(Forgot my formulae! :() I was disappointed. Then there were programming questions in C,C++ and JAVA . All were expected and are previously mentioned. I think I couldn't go forward because I didn't do well in the Math section.

Interview Questions
  • Questions on Arithmetic Progressions, Geometric Progressions and probability was unexpected. I was expecting matrices,linear algebra or calculus.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MathWorks.

Applied through university's engineering career service website on Aug 13, 2014. Got the video interview few days later. Questions such as tells me more about you, why you like Mathworks, why this position, your future aspiration, the understanding of the position, the GPA and the academic background, describe an occasion when things did not go according to plan, are you legal to work in the US. They are all basic. Nothing heard now.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MathWorks.

Finished the video interview. Video interview is simple. They ask the five well known questions. You have to get prepared and review glassdoor questions. I am waiting for the technical phone interview.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

interviewed at MathWorks in August 2014.

video interview, 5 questions. does this position interest you? What about you experience makes you fit for this position? Give an example how you tackled with multiple responsibilities? Do you need sponsorship? What's you GPA?

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MathWorks.

technical interview - basic c/c++/java. then manager interview with behavioral interview questions. Also questions related to discrete maths was asked. More than 20 questions were asked in the interview. Make sure you study basc concepts of c c++ java

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks in August 2014.

The 5 questions are listed in glassdoor. It looks like a little bit confusing for the questions "Why this position" and "What kind of your experience/background that fits this position", when one is under pressure... And the time for the 5 questions are limited, Max: 2 mins; Min: 1 min. Thus, there is no need to prepare too much thing to answer...

Applications Support Engineer Interview

It was the first-round screening, a 5-question pre-recording video interview. You can find the questions here. It looks like the do the same to everybody. Just prepare the questions.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MathWorks.

All questions are already posted on Glassdoor. math algebra calculus, c language, c++ embedded c, rtos, matlab, differentiation applications, classes, structures, hard and soft rtos, preemptive and cooperative rtos, the eigen values and vectors and how to find them, @,!,~ in matlab, diary, how to save values on the workspace after you close the .m file,

Interview Questions
    • How to have an instance of a class if the constructor is private?   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Apply it online. Receive email for video interview not involving technical questions. Phone interview about basic math, MATLAB and programming which took about an hour. The interview questions are all expected. Just like what other guys said here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Natick, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks in June 2014.

There was the initial screening on video call, then a technical interview fr 45 mins. Later an HR call and then an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a technical one for two hrs.It consisted of all coding questions of Java, C++, web development ,general logic and math questns

Interview Questions
    • All questions were unexpected. Nothing was common with other interview questions   Answer Question

Worked for MathWorks? Contribute to the Community!