MathWorks Engineering Interview Questions

2.5

Engineer Interview

Interview

Conducted an initial behavioral interview. Was invited to participate in a second interview that would include demonstration of knowledge in controls systems, and 2 programming languages. Decided was not qualified for the position and so did not do second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Engineer Interview

Interview

A HR from MathWorks called without a pre-email or something and asked the basic things about my background and asked a question like how do you handle conflict with your colleague and then she'll schedule a phone interview for you and send you a confirmation email which also contains the basic questions type.

Interview Questions

• Given a sequence, judged whether it is stable or not. A little nervous when calculating so didn't get the answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was an HR interview and they just asked some basic questions like team work etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied through a virtual job fair, they contacted me later and set up a phone call. Mainly HR questions that will tell you there will be a more technical one and what to expect in the technical call. It is scheduled for today.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

I received an email for a Mathworks virtual career fair in February. After applying for the the career fair and finding out it was full, I sent my resume to the company through their website to see if I could get an interview that way. At the beginning of April, I received a phone call from a Mathworks employee expressing interest in scheduling a phone interview. He asked a few basic questions about my resume, if i was still seeking employment, and what group I was interested in interviewing with at Mathworks. He was basically feeling me out to see if he should extend an interview offer to me. So far, that is as far as I have made it in the interview process. I have the phone interview scheduled in a couple days and should update my post then. The phone interview, as stated by the employee, is going to be technical questions covering basic math, MATLAB, programming concepts, and one programming language. Also, I had to choose which overall topic or group I wanted to interview with. The choices were controls, computer science, and signal processing. The interview is supposed to last between 40-60 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in October 2008.

Interview

I really enjoyed my interview at the Mathworks. The people seems really smart and motivated. I think they have a hard time hiring senior technical people from other companies. The culture is very much to join right after college and grow with the company. Since it's privately held, the culture is a bit insular.

Interview Questions

• How would you balance travel and getting things done in the office?   Answer Question

The position offered me was a bit too junior.

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in May 2008.

Interview

- Multiple 1-1 interviews, several technical in nature - Presentation was required at the beginning

Interview Questions

• Technical question on various types of sorting algorithms   1 Answer
    • General question on conflict resolution at previous job   1 Answer

Negotiation

- Tough process, not much room

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in March 2007.

Interview

Fascinating software development environment. Extremely focused on technical accomplishments that directly boost software sales. Interview process was polite, but unclear on job details, expectations (70-80 hrs a week was mentioned for top performers), performance evaluation criteria, etc. Very much a "let us hire you and then we'll figure out what you'll be doing" situation. Expected salary was requested during on site interview - recommendation is to go high.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in November 2011.

Interview

The initial communication with the Mathworks representative was basically a discussion on company overview ,resume discussion,description about the position and some basic HR questions. After that the schedule for telephonic interview was setup. The telephonic interview was about 35-40 minutes based on the specialization. They didn't get back after the telephonic interview and my application status was updated in their online job portal.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in November 2011.

Interview

I have talked HR in career fair at the end of September. They asked me to submit my application online. I got phone interview about general questions, such as describe the job position, how did u deal with multitasks, etc. HR scheduled next technical phone interview after she asked all the general questions. The technical questions are so detailed, including math, c/c++,matlab, and signal process. I canot answer some questions, because I forgot them. You really need to prepare in detail. HR said would give me response within two weeks. I didnot hear anything from them, which means I was rejected.