MathWorks Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015
1,221 Interview Reviews

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

1.HR round(online video recorded)-15 mins 2.Technical Phone Interview(Math,C/C++,Programming Concepts,Control Systems)-1 hour 3.On-site interview(Math,C/C++,Programming Concepts,Control Systems)-4 rounds 9 am - 2 pm Programming Concepts 1.Given a random array of numbers.How do you sort them?Select any sorting algorithm and write the pseudo code.(C) I implemented Merge Sort with merge subroutine I forgot base case ,I added later 2.1/8th of a circle.(NS) I gave semi optimum solution.There was a better way without using trignometric functions C++ 2.Given inheritence hierarchy -which of the following is valid?(C) A / \ B C / D void alpha(B *arg) A*Aptr =new A; B*Bptr=new B;(valid) C* Cptr=new C; D*Dptr=new D;(valid) 3.What does the following line of code do?(C) char*c ="Hello" char d[6]; while(*c++=*d++); Matlab What is primary function and subfunction?(C) What is difference between nested function and subfunction?(C) nested functions-can access variables declared inside main functions. What is private function?(C) inside private folder What is hf=gca;(DA) gui returns current axes handle What is event function call back?(DA) How to access data members of a structure? What are cell arrays? C1={} C2={} what is C1() what is C1{} What is this code doing mystruct =struct('field1',{1,2,3}... 'field2',{4,5,6s}); MATH 1.Plot the derivative of the function(C) 2.Find the partial fraction of given expression(C) 3.Find the gradient of the given function.(C) Controls Systems 1.Explain lead and lag compensators(C) 2.Linearise the system(C) 3.Find the Transfer function from the state space equation.(C) 4.Given x1 and x2 dot ,find the Lyapunov equation.(NC) Hiring Manager Interview 1.How do you handle several projects simultaneously? 2.What are your strengths and weaknessness,according to your advisor? 3.How did you handle a situation when you missed a deadline? 4.How was your experience at Grad School? 5.If you are the dean of your university ,what would you change? 6.How did you approach a task which you had no knowledge before hand? HR Interview Why did you apply at MathWorks? If I gave you $2000 for training ,what training would you use it for? What is your plan after EDG?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

3 rounds - 2 tech and 1 HR Technical questions focused on C++, OS and code generation 1st tech round- webex interview. I had to give presentation about one of my C++ research project. Questions based on it and OOP and algorithm related questions. 2nd tech round- skype interview A small programming exercise, discussed several cases and variants of the code. Some more algorithm related questions.

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

It went okay. The interviewer was friendly and asked a couple of simple questions and some hardcore technical ones. It was a one-hour interview process and also spoke about the projects that they were currently were working on and would like to work on.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, projects that I had worked on. A problem to find the heaviest ball among a given set of balls that weigh the same weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I have applied online and recruiter called on cell phone after sending time schedule prior that on email. Recruiter was very friendly and made the conversation comfortable. The questions were regular type.

Interview Questions

• describe the projects that you worked. Why are you interested to work here? tell me how do you handle multitask.   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

First round-HR round Video recording.I was sent a link and I had to use that link to record a video.There should not be any disturbance while recording the video. Second round was through webex and phone It was completely technical.It went for 55 minutes and I was questioned in DSP, C programming

Interview Questions

• Asked me why this position interest you Tell me how your experience is related to this job When did your OPT start About multitasking About conflicts with your teammates and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

Hiring process is straight forward. 1) System generated email about taking video interview. Questions were: Why matheworks, how do fit for the position, VISA status, Your experience. 2) Telephonic interview for 45 minutes. All the questions were asked already here. Interview included questions of C, C++, JAVA along with few spinets.

Interview Questions

• Why matheworks, how do fit for the position, VISA status, Your experience.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA).

Interview

Phone screen with HR representative was followed by phone screen with hiring manager and then was invited for an on-site interview. The interview was average difficulty. The process is very slow compared to other companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email next day asking for time for the telephonic interview. As it was friday I scheduled it for monday. Just one telephonic interview. Typical questions as mentioned before on glassdoor. Never got a reply back from them. But after a week the status of my application changed to Match not Ideal at this time.

Interview Questions

• What us you GPA? When does your OPT start? Explain any one project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Boston, MA).

Interview

One HR round,One technical easy interview OOPS,JAVA ,C ,C++ concepts, coding questions, background experience, and projects that I have done. They ask 3 programming languages that you are comfortable with and then ask questions based on that. very few questions on Matlab

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

The MathWorks' unique interview process--while successful at filtering applicants incompatible with position requirements--does so at the expense of eliminating some highly qualified candidates who choose not to navigate the excessively micromanaged hoops that must be jumped through.