MathWorks Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2015

2.9

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks in April 2015.

Interview

Receive a call from a nice lady. Most of the questions were based on my previous answers. There were some questions I didn't expect. Still awaiting their decision for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Questions: Tell me about the points in your resume that you want to stress; How much time have you spent in coding; Describe a good and a bad projects; Why the bad project is bad. Also some questions related to the job description.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

Technical Phone interview. Knowledge-based questions. 1, Difference between Java and C++ as regards memory management. Detailed questions about garbage collector in Java. 2, Override v.s overload 3, What is DOM

Interview Questions

• Every skill you wrote in your "skills" section in my resume is being asked   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

Presentation in front of the interview team. Followed by individual team member interview

Interview Questions

• Technical question can get difficult but nothing you can't handle if you go prepared   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

Very intense - 1 presentation to a group of around 10 people, followed by one on one rounds with 5 people

Interview Questions

• All the areas of the questions were expected but quite challenging   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

a phone interview by group manager. She is kind. There are questions on java. I am not cs background. Get an rejection because I am not familar with Java.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a single technical phone interview. It was a two person panel and they went over my resume and some coding and technical aspects.The response from the officials was quick and informative. Well, even the decision that I wasn't a ideal match was quick too.

Interview Questions

• What are handles in matlab and how are they used?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen, Technical phone interview, Programming interview and HR phone interview. Onsite: Presentation followed by 5 one to one interviews including HR. Interviewers were mostly cool and friendly.There are occasional hard questions.Didn't answer all the questions,but able to make it.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find no of common tangents to two circles   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen - 3 phone interview On site 1 presentation (1 hour) 5 people - 1:1 interview (9:00 ~ 2:00)

Interview Questions

• Can you trust unit test How much any what could be wrong.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked salary match since offer was lower than current salary.

Quality Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MathWorks (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

Got reference through a friend.I was asked basic questions about my research work and some concepts on computer architecture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews, 1 Site Interview, and a 45 minutes presentation. The questions were easy, but they were tricky. MATLAB, C, and C++ in dept experience. Some questions were more developer like. This company does not pay well, and people did not seem cool to work with. There were a lot of Indian people.

Interview Questions

• given a factorial equation f(n) = n*f(n-1)   Answer Question
    • Given a couple of broken C++ files - Tell line by line what it is doing - Is there anything wrong with each line Implement the factorial algorithm in MATLAB -> Sort the factorial -> Save the .mat file -> load it back on   1 Answer

Better Offer From a Another Company