MathWorks

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview Details – Technical Phone interview. Knowledge-based questions.
1, Difference between Java and C++ as regards memory management. Detailed questions about garbage collector in Java.
2, Override v.s overload
3, What is DOM

Interview Question – Every skill you wrote in your "skills" section in my resume is being asked   Answer Question

Interviewed at MathWorks

Interview Details – Presentation in front of the interview team. Followed by individual team member interview

Interview Question – Technical question can get difficult but nothing you can't handle if you go prepared   Answer Question

Interviewed at MathWorks

Interview Details – Very intense - 1 presentation to a group of around 10 people, followed by one on one rounds with 5 people

Interview Question – All the areas of the questions were expected but quite challenging   Answer Question

Natick, MA

I interviewed at MathWorks in August 2013.

Interview Details – a phone interview by group manager. She is kind. There are questions on java. I am not cs background. Get an rejection because I am not familar with Java.

Interview Question – Java Qustions   Answer Question

Natick, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Screen, Technical phone interview, Programming interview and HR phone interview.
Onsite: Presentation followed by 5 one to one interviews including HR. Interviewers were mostly cool and friendly.There are occasional hard questions.Didn't answer all the questions,but able to make it.

Interview Question – Write a program to find no of common tangents to two circles   Answer Question

Natick, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MathWorks in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had a single technical phone interview. It was a two person panel and they went over my resume and some coding and technical aspects.The response from the officials was quick and informative. Well, even the decision that I wasn't a ideal match was quick too.

Interview Question – What are handles in matlab and how are they used?   Answer Question

Natick, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MathWorks in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Screen
- 3 phone interview

On site
1 presentation (1 hour)
5 people - 1:1 interview (9:00 ~ 2:00)

Interview Question – Can you trust unit test
How much
any what could be wrong.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Asked salary match since offer was lower than current salary.

Natick, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks in January 2011.

Interview Details – 2 Phone Interviews, 1 Site Interview, and a 45 minutes presentation.

The questions were easy, but they were tricky.
MATLAB, C, and C++ in dept experience. Some questions were more developer like.
This company does not pay well, and people did not seem cool to work with. There were a lot of Indian people.

Interview Questions

• given a factorial equation
    f(n) = n*f(n-1)
      Answer Question
  • Given a couple of broken C++ files
    - Tell line by line what it is doing
    - Is there anything wrong with each line

Implement the factorial algorithm in MATLAB -> Sort the factorial -> Save the .mat file -> load it back on
      View Answer

Reason for Declining – Better Offer From a Another Company

Quality Engineering Interview

Quality Engineering
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MathWorks in February 2011.

Interview Details – Got reference through a friend.I was asked basic questions about my research work and some concepts on computer architecture

Interview Question – what is computer architecture   Answer Question

Interviewed at MathWorks

Interview Details – I have submitted online an application for general consideration and after a month I have been contacted by mail. I have been asked some general questions about my personal background: knolwedge of Matlab, C/C++, Java, experience in GUI, experience in development tools, and personal experiences realated to team working skills.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions.   Answer Question

Worked for MathWorks? Contribute to the Community!