Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at MathWorks
- Applications Support Engineer (712)
- Software Engineer (50)
- Applications Engineer (44)
- Applications Support Engineer Intern (26)
- Intern (18)
- Associate Software Engineer (14)
- Quality Engineer (13)
- Engineering (12)
- Senior Software Engineer (12)
- Application Engineer (12)
- EDG Engineer (12)
- Technical Support Engineer (9)
- Software Developer (7)
- Software Quality Engineer (6)
- EDG (6)
- Applications Support Engineer Interview (5)
- Applications Engineer Intern (5)
- Engineer (5)
- Technical Writer (5)
- Product Marketing Manager (4)
- Manager (4)
- Software Engineering (4)
- Applications Support (4)
- Applications Support Engineering (4)
- Application Developer (4)
- Applications Development Engineer (3)
- Applications Software Engineer (3)
- Web Applications Developer (3)
- ASE (3)
- Software Engineer Intern (3)
Software Developer Intern Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at MathWorks.
So MathWorks came to my university to recruit. Somehow I got an interview, the first round was behavioral. The second interview was full of random questions, no coding involved, but a lot of conceptual questions were thrown. A few I could think of was regex's and converting dfs and nfs. Most of the questions are already listed in the site, they do recycle those questions. The third interview, was a mix of both, ask you about your background and a few brain teaser questions.
- Assume that you had a dollar in coins in your pocket. Assume you dropped all your coins. What is the probability that you pick up a random coin that that specific coin was a penny? How would you code this problem? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks
Software Development Intern InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at MathWorks in March 2012.
Got an e-mail to schedule a phone interview the day after applying online. Questions were very general, and interview was very short, making it seem that they were more greatly interested in the submitted online material, and that the short interview was a company requirement and not an indicator of interest. Was told that I would be notified for a technical interview within a week if they were interested. Did not receive contact after that.
- What qualities do you possess that would make you especially effective as an intern in this sort of position with our company? Answer Question
Software Development Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at MathWorks in February 2012.
I had a total of 4 over-the-phone interviews all about a week apart after sending in my resume about one month earlier (initial screening, followed by a technical skills interview, then one with the hiring department, and finally one with someone from hr).
All the interviewers were very kind, cordial and completely accommodating in terms of scheduling. It was definitely one of the most positive and rewarding interview experiences I've ever had.
The most critical checkpoint is of course the tech interview. Brush up as much as you can (I recommend the Algorithm Design Manual) and explain your thought process as you answer questions.
- Recall a time that you had a conflict with a team member. Answer Question