MathWorks Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MathWorks in May 2015.

Interview

The first round interview is just a video inteview, it will take 20 min and all the questions are general. No tech questions. It is easy to prepare, since big companies always have 3,4 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in May 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview: behavior question. like: why epic? why software engineering? tell me a impressive project. if you can redo the project, which part you will optimal? 2. Online Assessment: Math, quick question. New Language. Programming

Interview Questions

• Programming: 1. Anargram. 2. well ordered string (high frequency question). 3. Number (like 157, you can find a number 144 + 1 + 5 + 7 = 153), then 144 is a number of 153. find all of possible number in given a N.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

Intern positon. A senior engineer conducted the interview and asked a lot of questions about programming. I tried my best. He asked me about my projects and my skills. A lot of strong questions for an intern position. It's very upset. It's a very bad interview experiences and the phone disconnected couple times. I don't like the style they proceeded.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MathWorks in March 2015.

Interview

same as the ones described here. First I had an HR round with basic questions about visa, my background etc. For the technical interview, learn all the questions given here. Very helpful

Interview Questions

• same as the ones given here, repeated questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in March 2015.

Interview

Great experience with the HR phone screen, but the technical phone interview was not so warm. Seemed once the interviewer decided I wasn't worth her time, she lost patience. There were a lot of questions about byte manipulation and other fun facts, and they seemed uninterested in any desire to learn or lack of curriculum covering this info. There were also some questions on classes and OOP.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

Get a video interview two days after applying. All normal questions and all of them are posted here. 1. Why the job interests you 2. Handle multiply Projects 3. GPA 4. Any restriction for working in US. 5. What is your advantages The preparation time for different questions are different. For example, for the question of GPA, you only have 10 seconds to prepare. So, be careful. Although I answer very badly in one question, I still got a tech review two days after I did the video interview. So, be relax.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

One phone interview from human resources, one phone interview from a technical perspective. The woman from human resources was very friendly and they asked simple questions such as 'What do you do in the face of a challenge?' etc, and she immediately scheduled a date for a technical interview. The technical interview is easy as well but you should brush up on your object oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• Implement a depth first search, void pointers, difference between a directed acyclic graph and binary search tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

4 part process - 1st interview: basic HR type questions 2nd: technical 3rd: teamwork / behavior 4th: behavior / HR stuff The process moved along fast enough. The questions were fair. The interviewers were nice. For the technical interview, just stay calm and think out loud. The interviewer is there to help you. One odd thing though, was that the 4th interview was more or less the same as the 1st and 3rd interview, but shorter. They asked me the same questions they had asked me in prior interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in February 2015.

Interview

First phone call was the recruiting person and was basic personality stuff. Only lasted like 10 minutes. The second interview was about a week later with someone technical. Lasted about 30-40 minutes. Mostly stuff about different data structures and basic programming concepts. I had chosen java as my language so there were some questions about somewhat basic java concepts. Overall the questions were easier than I thought they would be but I still feel like I should have been able to answer them better and more clearly.

Interview Questions

• What is a global variable? What is postorder, preorder, etc. Difference between a tree and a directed acyclic graph. All stuff like that.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted very soon afterward to set up a phone interview. There was a very short beharvioral interview first - about 20 minutes, and then a technical phone interview about a week later. I was asked about basic data structures and Object Oriented Design questions, as well as some fundamental logic concepts.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give a tautology, which I hadn't thought about since class.   Answer Question