MathWorks

Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.1

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MathWorks.

There were four interviews. The first one was a general interview that talks about the position and sets up the technical interview. The second one was the technical interview, composed with short answer questions related in various CS fields. The third one was a talk with the SE manager, mostly resume and behavior questions. The last one was a talk with the HR person, with some behavior questions and mostly talks about the later hiring process.

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at MathWorks in October 2014.

Applied online. Scheduled the first phone interview within a couple of weeks with the recruiter. Basic behavioral questions, what was a challenge you overcome, what were the steps you took to overcome it, that kind of stuff. Scheduled a technical interview after that - the recruiter offered to give me a few extra weeks to prepare, which I took. Technical interview was over the phone as well, 100% knowledge-based questions, no coding or problem-solving. Lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, just know the ins and outs of whatever language they interview you in very well.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

At first a link to record a video. After video submission, HR called to say a HR interview can replace the video. After the HR phone call, schedule a technical interview and ask about many basic questions about three languages I chose.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions related matlab are simple but unexpected, such as how to delete a row. No coding at all at first round.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MathWorks.

The questions were very basic signal processing questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Video interview (5 typical questions that can be found everywhere) + 40 min tech phone interview

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MathWorks in December 2013.

Applied online was given a technical phone interview. I felt that the interview wasn't too difficult, they sent out a email detailing what the interview would consists of data structures, automatia, discrete mathematics ect. so there wasn't any thing unexpected as everything was off of that list. In a interesting turn of events the interviewer said he would call in two weeks to say whether I moved on to the next stage of interviews but, I never received a call. I emailed my interviewer multiple times and never got a response.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if a specific equation was a tautology. And in other question was asked about a finite state machine.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at MathWorks in August 2013.

I applied through employee referral and got an email for a technical phone interview. I didn't have an initial HR round. I was asked to submit a coding assignment prior to the interview(Java and C++). The interview lasted for almost an hour, with half of the time spend on going through the code and questions pertaining to it, which covered almost all the OOPs concepts. A few questions related to algorithms and time complexity were also asked. Previous work experience was also discussed. Almost all the questions were similar to the ones posted here.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MathWorks.

phone interview, two brain teasers and 1 coding question. implement a hash table.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MathWorks.

Additional Java Questions:

What is the difference between import java.lang.* and import java.lang.String?

Web Development Questions:

What is SOAP?

How would you animate a picture on an HTML page?

What is HTTP GET?

Like others said, there's no feedback, just a series of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are some considerations when designing a website?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MathWorks in April 2013.

I apply for the position from an inside employee referral.

Interview Questions
    • Some time and space complexity questions & memory management are difficult.   View Answer