MathWorks

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at MathWorks

Interview Details – At first a link to record a video. After video submission, HR called to say a HR interview can replace the video. After the HR phone call, schedule a technical interview and ask about many basic questions about three languages I chose.

Interview Question – Specific questions related matlab are simple but unexpected, such as how to delete a row. No coding at all at first round.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview Details – The questions were very basic signal processing questions.

Interview Question – All questions were very basic.   Answer Question

Interviewed at MathWorks

Interview Details – Video interview (5 typical questions that can be found everywhere) + 40 min tech phone interview

Interview Question – typical access level in c++ structure   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MathWorks in April 2013.

Interview Details – I apply for the position from an inside employee referral.

Interview Question – Some time and space complexity questions & memory management are difficult.   View Answer

Natick, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks in November 2012.

Interview Details – At first there was a couple of phone interviews, maybe 2 or 3 with HR and one tech person. However, after those short ones were over, there was a 45 minute interviews grilling my on data structures question. I made it past that round but after that they didn't like my lack of knowledge of MATLAB. They definitely want you to know CS not only in practice but in theory.

Interview Question – What is the Pigeon Hole principle?   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MathWorks in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through employee referral and got an email for a technical phone interview. I didn't have an initial HR round. I was asked to submit a coding assignment prior to the interview(Java and C++). The interview lasted for almost an hour, with half of the time spend on going through the code and questions pertaining to it, which covered almost all the OOPs concepts. A few questions related to algorithms and time complexity were also asked. Previous work experience was also discussed. Almost all the questions were similar to the ones posted here.

Interview Question – no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview Details – phone interview, two brain teasers and 1 coding question. implement a hash table.

Interview Question – brain teasers   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview Details – Additional Java Questions:

What is the difference between import java.lang.* and import java.lang.String?

Web Development Questions:

What is SOAP?

How would you animate a picture on an HTML page?

What is HTTP GET?

Like others said, there's no feedback, just a series of questions.

Interview Question – What are some considerations when designing a website?   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview Details – I applied through Mathworks' website at midnight, and their HR replied to me in the exact next morning for scheduling a phone screen. The questions are all about background and behaviors:
1) why do you apply to us
2) why do you think you can contribute to us
3) how did you work with multi-tasks and under pressure
4) when will you be available to work? Did you plan to apply OPT
Then the HR asked me to choose a topic for technical phone screen, which includes CS, control system, signal processing...

I hope I can pass the next one.

Interview Question – how did you work with multi-tasks and under pressure   Answer Question

Interviewed at MathWorks

Interview Details – 1st interview: technical interview. Most questions are related to C++

The ask lots of C++ code part. Though I use C++ in many project, but some of the questions are tricky

Interview Question – What is difference between ...   Answer Question

Worked for MathWorks? Contribute to the Community!