MathWorks

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – Had asked a lot of mathematics questions   View Answer

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks in September 2012.

Interview Details – Talked to recruiter in the career showcase and they called me to schedule another interview the following day. Situational questions are asked. Technical interview followed about 2 weeks later on campus. 2 hours to finish 4 areas that chosen ahead of time. Most questions can be found on glassdoor. Screwed up the control theory part. Nearly all recruiters are Indians.... Got a call from the HR a week later asked something about the resume and was told to wait for response. Rejected indicated online.

Interview Question – What is feed-forward control and when do we use it.
How to draw a circle in C
etc...
  Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MathWorks in July 2013.

Interview Details – There were two rounds that I faced. First was a phone interview about my resume and generic behavioral questions. It was a discussion with an HR person, so this went pretty smooth.

The 2nd round was purely technical, again on phone. It was a 50 min session that had 4 parts in it. Math, General Programming Concepts, C language, Matlab and Signal Processing. The questions were slightly tough but not terribly hard to answer. Prepare for atleast 3,4 days in advance and you can nail it.

Interview Question – Nothing in specific. All were average questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview Details – I dropped my resume at school's career fair. They contacted me after about two weeks and set up an phone interview.

They let me choose 3 programming language that I'm most comfortable with and I chose C/C++ , Python and Java. The phone interview took about 1 hour and consist of all technical questions vary from basic math to the language details. There's no hard questions but the interviewer sounds like a recruiter without tech background. She failed to explain the detail of the question several times.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MathWorks in February 2013.

Interview Details – A HR from MathWorks called me and asked the basic things about my background and asked a question like how do you handle conflict with your peers. Nothing special, they are seeking people have good academic record. A technical interview arranged then after.

Natick, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks in March 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and got a call after 2+ weeks for the internship position as a Technical Support. The person who interviewed me was the EDG of the company. She asked me general question based on previous internship, working in a group, solving conflicts in a group, how would you deal with working on multiple projects? will you use any tools etc., how is the overall process of job search going on? And then she scheduled a Technical Phone Interview for which I am preparing. She also sent an email which read:

The interview will take approximately 40 minutes and will cover:

* Basic math (discrete math, algorithm theory, probability and Big Oh notation)
    * Programming concepts (understand syntax and how the program works)
    * Choice of two programming languages (C or C++) and (Java or MATLAB) – One object-oriented language is required (if C++, understand syntax and structure, compilation and OOP concepts)

There will also be some non-technical questions discussed.

Hope this helps and will post further comments after my phone interview.

Interview Question – Are you being interviewed at any other company   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MathWorks in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, and get reply from an HR after 2-3 days. Hiring manager contacted me for some behavior questions, took for 40 min. Then it was after 3 days I heard from another HR asked to schedule an technical interview. I scheduled it 3 days after. Questions include signal processing, C, Maths and matlab. I think I did it OK as I answered 80% of the questions. But I was selected for an on-site. The bad news came 2 days later from the hiring manager without a reason.

Interview Question – how to plot two curves based on different coordinate systems in the same figure using Matlab?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Support Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MathWorks in January 2011.

Interview Details – interview was very tough. they expected in detail knowledge of every aspect which can be tough for an entry level person.

Interview Question – how was java designed to be platform independent.   View Answer

Worked for MathWorks? Contribute to the Community!