MathWorks Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Started off with the video interview as explained in previous posts. Was called back and set up a web interview. Questions were mostly the same as those detailed in other posts. Nothing was a surprise.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about some more obscure symbols in matlab like !, @, %   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• Had asked a lot of mathematics questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

There were two rounds that I faced. First was a phone interview about my resume and generic behavioral questions. It was a discussion with an HR person, so this went pretty smooth. The 2nd round was purely technical, again on phone. It was a 50 min session that had 4 parts in it. Math, General Programming Concepts, C language, Matlab and Signal Processing. The questions were slightly tough but not terribly hard to answer. Prepare for atleast 3,4 days in advance and you can nail it.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

I dropped my resume at school's career fair. They contacted me after about two weeks and set up an phone interview. They let me choose 3 programming language that I'm most comfortable with and I chose C/C++ , Python and Java. The phone interview took about 1 hour and consist of all technical questions vary from basic math to the language details. There's no hard questions but the interviewer sounds like a recruiter without tech background. She failed to explain the detail of the question several times.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MathWorks in February 2013.

Interview

A HR from MathWorks called me and asked the basic things about my background and asked a question like how do you handle conflict with your peers. Nothing special, they are seeking people have good academic record. A technical interview arranged then after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Gainesville, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Talked to recruiter in the career showcase and they called me to schedule another interview the following day. Situational questions are asked. Technical interview followed about 2 weeks later on campus. 2 hours to finish 4 areas that chosen ahead of time. Most questions can be found on glassdoor. Screwed up the control theory part. Nearly all recruiters are Indians.... Got a call from the HR a week later asked something about the resume and was told to wait for response. Rejected indicated online.

Interview Questions

• What is feed-forward control and when do we use it. How to draw a circle in C etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got a call after 2+ weeks for the internship position as a Technical Support. The person who interviewed me was the EDG of the company. She asked me general question based on previous internship, working in a group, solving conflicts in a group, how would you deal with working on multiple projects? will you use any tools etc., how is the overall process of job search going on? And then she scheduled a Technical Phone Interview for which I am preparing. She also sent an email which read: The interview will take approximately 40 minutes and will cover: * Basic math (discrete math, algorithm theory, probability and Big Oh notation) * Programming concepts (understand syntax and how the program works) * Choice of two programming languages (C or C++) and (Java or MATLAB) – One object-oriented language is required (if C++, understand syntax and structure, compilation and OOP concepts) There will also be some non-technical questions discussed. Hope this helps and will post further comments after my phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you being interviewed at any other company   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online, and get reply from an HR after 2-3 days. Hiring manager contacted me for some behavior questions, took for 40 min. Then it was after 3 days I heard from another HR asked to schedule an technical interview. I scheduled it 3 days after. Questions include signal processing, C, Maths and matlab. I think I did it OK as I answered 80% of the questions. But I was selected for an on-site. The bad news came 2 days later from the hiring manager without a reason.

Interview Questions

• how to plot two curves based on different coordinate systems in the same figure using Matlab?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MathWorks in January 2011.

Interview

interview was very tough. they expected in detail knowledge of every aspect which can be tough for an entry level person.

Interview Questions

• how was java designed to be platform independent.   1 Answer