Mathematica Policy Research Interview Questions & Reviews in Princeton, NJ

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research in July 2014.

I sent in my resume using their email and after a week, I receive a phone call from them. The phone screening asked me questions about my education and previous work experience. After the phone screening, I was then invited for a group interview that lasted about 2 hours. The group interview had 12 other candidates, including me. The interview consisted of two employees delivering a presentation about the company and about the position we all applied for. We then went around the room and all of the candidates were asked to tell a little about ourselves and anything else we thought was relevant. We then did a sample phone interview with the employee. Afterwards, we filled out an application with our availability and which days we were free to come in for training. After a few more days, I received a phone call asking me to come in to take a data entry test. The employee on the phone said that my qualifications might be a good match for another position within the company. The data entry test consisted of entering as much data into the computer within ten minutes. The employee then told me a little bit more about the data entry position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. We were only asked one question, which was to tell a little bit about ourselves. The data entry test was self-explanatory.   Answer Question

Health Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research in May 2014.

A couple of weeks after applying to the position online, I was called for an initial phone screen with the HR person and the hiring manager. This was pretty standard, except for the fact that it was with two people rather than one. They seemed most concerned with confirming my genuine interest in the position, although they did ask me a number of questions about my past work experiences to assess my "fit" for the position. It was obvious that the hiring manager had done her homework -- she asked specific questions about my writing sample, and asked a number of thoughtful questions about my resume.

I was called back within a week to schedule and on-site interview. This was INTENSE. I met with about 7 different people over the course of 5-6 hours. I will say that although the sheer number of individual interviews was exhausting, the questions I was asked were relatively painless. Some minor technical questions here and there (which weren't tricky, as long as you generally know what you're own research has been about, ha.) but otherwise most of the interviewers seemed intent on determining whether or not I'd be a fit there, in terms of company culture and work style. The interviews were relaxed and relatively informal, even the ones with upper-level managers.

HR kept in touch with me over the following weeks and were very responsive to my questions.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any real "surprise" questions, but every interviewing wanted me to ask them questions.   View Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research in March 2014.

Emailed resume to the Call Center email. Got a call back the next day. Had a phone interview that involved them asking about the typical work history questions. Phone Interview lasted about 30+mins. HR would review my resume and call me back. Received a call back 2 days later. Was given a Group Interview date. During interview, Interviewers gave details about Mathematica and their employees, they asked about past work history and where we found this position. (I was referred by a current employee.) We did a quick exercise and then i was told i would receive a call back within a month. 3 days later got a call letting me know i was hired. Pretty straightforward.

No negotiation.

Research Assistant/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research.

I was very pleased with the interview process. I contacted an HR representative early on, and she was very helpful and answered my questions promptly throughout the process. Everyone that I spoke to at the company was nice.

There was an initial (~30 min) phone interview that asked very general questions and then a 2nd round of interviews at the office. Both were pleasant and had a welcoming and productive feel rather than an intimidating or confrontational feel.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any trick questions. I found it very helpful to have something (roughly) prepared to say about each of my previous work/academic research experiences and about why I wanted the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - they have a set salary for this position.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research in June 2012.

I was called by one of the hiring managers. It was a standard interview. I didn't get a call back.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research.

The process consisted of initial phone screen and then another phone interview with HR. I was brought on site for an in-person with HR and 5 other individuals that would have been managers. It was pretty straightforward with behavioral and technical questions. It went really positive and I was pretty confident. I received an email from HR a few weeks later saying they had gone with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • The usual questions-- previous experience, what would you do in this scenario etc.   Answer Question

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research in July 2007.

They interviewed for the job and then went to see project directior.

Interview Questions

Worked for Mathematica Policy Research? Contribute to the Community!