Mather Lifeways

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Evanston, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mather Lifeways in October 2011.

Interview Details – I think that the interview was more of a formality. It was unlikely that the company was going to pay the fee that goes along with hiring a candidate from a staffing agency.

One of my interviewers was more than 15 minutes late. Another interviewer was unshaven and interviewed me in an unused office that was used for storage.

Interview Question – What challenges have you faced in the work place and what did you do to resolve them?   View Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Evanston, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mather Lifeways in May 2011.

Interview Details – At first I had a phone interview with the HR person who soon called me back and offered me to come in for a formal interview. I accepted. I came in early in the morning and was interviewed by 3 peopel including the HR person who basically validated my parking and asked how I felt the process went. The first person I met with went well. The the second person I met had a list of quesitons and didn't let me answer them completely before moving onto the next question. I still left there feeling pretty good. A week later I received an email saying they went with another candidate. Then a month later I see the same job posting listed online.

Interview Questions

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Evanston, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Mather Lifeways in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had a 30 minute phone screening for an accountant position. At the end of the phone screening, I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week and I met with 3 people. Each interview took about 45 minutes and consisted of one full page of canned questions such as "tell me about a time when you made a good judgement?". The office is beautiful and modern, the people seemed laid back, and nice. The work culture seems to be pleasant. Too bad I never heard back from them despite sending them multiple emails for status or feedback.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you made a good judgement?   View Answer
  • How do you deal with difficult people?   View Answer

Administration Interview

Administration
Evanston, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mather Lifeways in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Prescreening interview lasted 20 minutes.
2. Onsite interview with 3 separate executives took a cumulative 2.5 hours

The HR staff read from prepared questions, the other interviewer was more informal and less prepared. This was an after-hours interview, which I don't recommend, as it didn't allow me to see the office environment as I would have liked.

Interview Question – Describe your strengths and weaknesses. A typical interview question, it kind of put me off.   Answer Question

Worked for Mather Lifeways? Contribute to the Community!