Mather Lifeways Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mather Lifeways

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Evanston, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I think that the interview was more of a formality. It was unlikely that the company was going to pay the fee that goes along with hiring a candidate from a staffing agency. One of my interviewers was more than 15 minutes late. Another interviewer was unshaven and interviewed me in an unused office that was used for storage.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced in the work place and what did you do to resolve them?   1 Answer

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmette, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Wilmette, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

They were opening a new facility in Wilmette Illinois and an employment agency sent me to see the Building Maintenance Director. The interview was conducted in the new building while construction was going on and was done with great care and understanding. I believe they were looking for a person who would be able to relate to new retired senior citizens and provide them outstanding services even on the level of a startup position. They liked the fact that immediate responses to questions were forthcoming and honest. I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you can work with and for active residents?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Evanston, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

At first I had a phone interview with the HR person who soon called me back and offered me to come in for a formal interview. I accepted. I came in early in the morning and was interviewed by 3 peopel including the HR person who basically validated my parking and asked how I felt the process went. The first person I met with went well. The the second person I met had a list of quesitons and didn't let me answer them completely before moving onto the next question. I still left there feeling pretty good. A week later I received an email saying they went with another candidate. Then a month later I see the same job posting listed online.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Evanston, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone screening for an accountant position. At the end of the phone screening, I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week and I met with 3 people. Each interview took about 45 minutes and consisted of one full page of canned questions such as "tell me about a time when you made a good judgement?". The office is beautiful and modern, the people seemed laid back, and nice. The work culture seems to be pleasant. Too bad I never heard back from them despite sending them multiple emails for status or feedback.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you made a good judgement?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Evanston, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

1. Prescreening interview lasted 20 minutes. 2. Onsite interview with 3 separate executives took a cumulative 2.5 hours The HR staff read from prepared questions, the other interviewer was more informal and less prepared. This was an after-hours interview, which I don't recommend, as it didn't allow me to see the office environment as I would have liked.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses. A typical interview question, it kind of put me off.   Answer Question