Matrikon

Matrikon Graphic Designer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Matrikon in June 2010.

The communications with the company was easy because I was referred by someone related to the department that I was applying to. Made it easy to gain an interview and review quickly. There was a initial phone interview to have a taste on the salary and type of work environment you will be working in (Cubicles, working with others) and I got the salary expectation from this site so I didn't price myself out of their range.

Then there was the panel interview... except it's more like a 1:1 with a listener and someone writing down details while they look at your portfolio, on your computer, printed, etc. One is the manager of the department and the other is someone within HR... HR asks the most questions to the manager. My interview lasted around half an hour to 45 minutes. Not short, but because I made sure to ask questions, which I think makes a difference to the company on how they run so there are no surprises and they get a full look.

As for the people and the work culture: You got to love working in a cube... if you can't get over that, do not apply here. It is your corporate job.. not the freelance lets-hang-out-on-the-couch with a drink as my break as I feel type. The people seem happy to work there as they pay well for the position and have decent benefits from what I was seeing from friends and others.

Interview Questions