Matrix Medical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Scottsdale, AZ

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Matrix Medical in February 2011.

Interview Details – I wasn't impressed with the process. The interview was very standard and you could tell they used "canned" interview questions. I couldn't get any information out of them about benefits but I learned why once I had the job. Their health benefits are the most expensive and worst I've ever encountered. $1000 annual deductible! The salary is not in keeping with what I was accustomed to either. I found the culture to be fake - very polite, smile in your face but you could sense they were inexperienced. There was a level of unprofessionalism. The company grew too fast and they had no foundation in place - couldn't even tell me what my budget was. I had to track expenses and try to develop my own. I later found out that the person I reported to had no health care experience. I think they were surprised by the level and depth of my questions for them. If you interview with them, go in prepared with questions - get as much information as you can to make a good decision if this is a place you want to work.

Interview Question – They asked me about firing people and if I had experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I definitley negotiated my salary up. If you are willing to accept sub standard benefits and work in a culture of fear then go for it if you really need a job. Otherwise I would stay away. I am not impressed with how the upper managers run the operations and their expectations are very unrealistic. This place has a lot of turnover.

Worked for Matrix Medical? Contribute to the Community!