Matrox Electronic Systems

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Matrox Electronic Systems

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Matrox Electronic Systems.

Started with an 8 question, 15 minute written test on C which was pretty much impossible to finish followed by a 20 minutes behavioural interview. Interviewers were very nice and it was not an intimidating atmosphere.

Software Developer Interview

There is a test of programming on paper, when the test is good, you meet HR with the supervisor of the department you would work in. Grades are looked into, you must have a code R more that 30 if I remember correctly.

Interview Questions
    • You must implement a method on paper that uses a vision API, not too easy.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Matrox Electronic Systems.

I had the initial phone interview with matrox with the HR. The questions they asked me are what do you know about Matrox? How fluent in french are you? How are your c++ skills? Tell me about yourself? Very unprofessional company, they said they would email/phone me about my results but never did.

Network Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Matrox Electronic Systems.

Call for general hr questions. why this company, why this position, exprected salary, background and experience questions.
    Then second round is onsite.
    Technique questions include what is firewall, router,switch,hub. Also basic Linux system admin is asked about. what are the Linux run levels? do you have experience in compiling under linux? do you have any experience in windows admin ? grouping?

Applications Engineer Interview

Online application submitted via their website. First round on site interview with the hiring manager (some technical questions and past experience) and the HR (why us, do you know what we do....basics). Everything went well, they promised to get back to me within 2 weeks. Re-contacted the company after the 2 weeks expired, made me wait another week, booked me a final interview with the VP. Second round interview, another fit interview, didn't feel comfortable with the guy. **They made me waited another 4 weeks before giving me an answer! Very efficient!

Interview Questions
    • If you have the choice to work for an Investment Bank, a Consulting Firm or an Engineering company. What would you be your choice and why not the 2 others?   Answer Question