Mattel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.8

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mattel (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The overall interview experience was great. I went to the headquarters and interviewed with the person I would potentially be working under. The overall interview was me explaining my resume and previous work experience along with answering a few basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you overcame a challenge when working with others.   Answer Question

Global IT Governance Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mattel (El Segundo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with the recruiter / manager on on-campus info session before. And we talked about my experience for about half an hour that time. So she did not ask a lot questions on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing that you are most proud of in your experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mattel in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview.
    Received a phone call from the recruiter and scheduled an initial interview. The interview took 45 minutes and went well. All the questions are behavior related; nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• What's your expectation of your next role?
      What's your three must in your next role?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattel.

Interview

Applied through college campus. I was contacted for an interview on campus. If they want to proceed further, there will be a phone interview with a manager and then on-site interview. Interviewers are nice and ask basic interview questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mattel (Hawthorne, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Asked me a few questions. The interviewer was very friendly. She liked it when I asked questions, and smiled mostly. Make sure you do research about Mattel as well. I also drew a few fashion designs to show how much I wanted the job. The interviewer was very impressed. Overall, the interview was very short and very easy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with photoshop, illustrator, or microsoft word?   Answer Question

Merchandise Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mattel (New York, NY).

Interview

straight forward asked what you know about comany

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mattel.

Interview

The interview process was simple enough. It starts with an initial telephone interview, then a manager will come in to meet with you face to face. It will begin with some small talk, but will eventually end up with the generic canned questions such as "give me an example of a difficult situation you had to deal with and what you did" type thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made a take it or leave it offer.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mattel.

Interview

Email from HR
    3 hour interview with 6 different people

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mattel.

Interview

I received a call from a third party recruiting service in the evening after having applied on Mattel's website.

The position was a great fit given my experience and I more than satisfied all of the requirements. The recruiter asked about my expected salary, which is maybe why I didn't get a call back but I was very surprised that no one even emailed to say I wouldn't be moving further in the process.

Left a bad taste in my mouth for Mattel considering I spent almost half an hour talking to a recruiter and answering interview questions (unexpectedly, not scheduled,) just to have them never get back to me. Very unprofessional not to say thank you but no thank you after investing time.

Merchandising Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mattel (Longview, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring and interviewing process went smoothly and the people I spoke with were very friendly.

Negotiation

We discussed wages/hours and I was honest and upfront about what I needed.