Mattel

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattel.

Applied through college campus. I was contacted for an interview on campus. If they want to proceed further, there will be a phone interview with a manager and then on-site interview. Interviewers are nice and ask basic interview questions.

Merchandise Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mattel.

straight forward asked what you know about comany

Retail Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mattel.

The interview process was simple enough. It starts with an initial telephone interview, then a manager will come in to meet with you face to face. It will begin with some small talk, but will eventually end up with the generic canned questions such as "give me an example of a difficult situation you had to deal with and what you did" type thing.

Interview Questions
    They made a take it or leave it offer.

Communications Associate Interview

Email from HR
    3 hour interview with 6 different people

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mattel.

I received a call from a third party recruiting service in the evening after having applied on Mattel's website.

The position was a great fit given my experience and I more than satisfied all of the requirements. The recruiter asked about my expected salary, which is maybe why I didn't get a call back but I was very surprised that no one even emailed to say I wouldn't be moving further in the process.

Left a bad taste in my mouth for Mattel considering I spent almost half an hour talking to a recruiter and answering interview questions (unexpectedly, not scheduled,) just to have them never get back to me. Very unprofessional not to say thank you but no thank you after investing time.

Merchandising Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mattel in September 2013.

Hiring and interviewing process went smoothly and the people I spoke with were very friendly.

We discussed wages/hours and I was honest and upfront about what I needed.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mattel.

Interviewed for full time work

They offered a temporary position.

I applied online – interviewed at Mattel.

15 minute phone interview. If they like you, you go to on-site interview.

Intern Interview

Applied for the position via an application on the company's website. After I was initially contacted, I completed 4 interviews before I was extended the offer of employment. Since I was located in a different state than the office, I communicated via e-mail and my interviews were conducted via phone and Skype.

Senior Packaging Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mattel in June 2013.

I had a quick phone interview and asked to come in. There is a lot of paperwork to fill out so save enough time to fill it out before your interview, they will be e-mail to you.

For the design position, which was not in the main Mattel corporate office, there is limited parking. I was lucky enough to find a visitors spot in the front but I took the last one, so plan accordingly to search if needed.

The design building is great, doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside, there are graphics and designed stuff throughout. They even have the employees personal artwork hanging while walking through one of the hallways.

The interview went well and everyone was extremely nice. I enjoyed everyone I met with. They looked at my work, we went through the most current positions and my roles. They did research about me so they knew some items off the resume which is great and they were impressed.

After a little over 2 1/2 hours we were done.

Interview Questions
    • My latest work had great big budgets. They wanted to know how I would be able to work with tight budget restrictions after seeing my latest work.   View Answer