Mattel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattel (Hawthorne, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Asked me a few questions. The interviewer was very friendly. She liked it when I asked questions, and smiled mostly. Make sure you do research about Mattel as well. I also drew a few fashion designs to show how much I wanted the job. The interviewer was very impressed. Overall, the interview was very short and very easy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with photoshop, illustrator, or microsoft word?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mattel (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I went to an agency who first made me fill out information about myself. After I was put in a separate area to watch a safety video 30 minutes later I took a safety test passed. Then I was passed to an interviewer who gave me a drug test asked a few questions about me and gave me a job on the spot for later that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• You're so young why aren't you in college?   1 Answer

Merchandise Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattel (New York, NY).

Interview

straight forward asked what you know about comany

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattel.

Interview

The interview process was simple enough. It starts with an initial telephone interview, then a manager will come in to meet with you face to face. It will begin with some small talk, but will eventually end up with the generic canned questions such as "give me an example of a difficult situation you had to deal with and what you did" type thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made a take it or leave it offer.

Communications Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattel.

Interview

Email from HR 3 hour interview with 6 different people

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mattel.

Interview

I received a call from a third party recruiting service in the evening after having applied on Mattel's website. The position was a great fit given my experience and I more than satisfied all of the requirements. The recruiter asked about my expected salary, which is maybe why I didn't get a call back but I was very surprised that no one even emailed to say I wouldn't be moving further in the process. Left a bad taste in my mouth for Mattel considering I spent almost half an hour talking to a recruiter and answering interview questions (unexpectedly, not scheduled,) just to have them never get back to me. Very unprofessional not to say thank you but no thank you after investing time.

Merchandising Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattel (Longview, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring and interviewing process went smoothly and the people I spoke with were very friendly.

Negotiation

We discussed wages/hours and I was honest and upfront about what I needed.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mattel.

Interview

Interviewed for full time work

They offered a temporary position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mattel.

Interview

15 minute phone interview. If they like you, you go to on-site interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied for the position via an application on the company's website. After I was initially contacted, I completed 4 interviews before I was extended the offer of employment. Since I was located in a different state than the office, I communicated via e-mail and my interviews were conducted via phone and Skype.