Mattel

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mattel in December 2010.

Interview Details – It went really well. I interviewed with about 6 different people so everyone got a chance to see if I was a good fit for the team.

Interview Question – Do you have experience presenting?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very difficult. The HR team doesn't budge.

New York, NY

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Mattel in February 2010.

Interview Details – The office is very small - 100/200 people max. It's a small company within a mega corporate behemoth. I interviewed with the entire marketing management teams because it's small and I would ultimately be working with everyone. Standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. They in no way tried to trick me or tested me. If they already decided they liked me, they stopped asking questions and we started talking about other things (kids, tv shows, partners etc.). I would say this was very relaxed and they make you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – One sided.

New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mattel in October 2007.

Interview Details – First I was contacted by email. Since I was out of the country but was coming back a few weeks later they were very accomodating and set up a date that was right for me. First I was interviewed by the person who would have been my manager, then two of the would-be colleagues came and explained my role, and then I had another interview with Human Resources. They contacted me back about two weeks later with a negative response.

Interview Question – You have a Master's, why are you applying to a position that only requires a High School diploma?   View Answer

Marketing

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mattel in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was a relatively quick process. Once I submitted my resume, I received a call within the day, and was invited for an in-person interview shortly afterwards. I received an offer within 3 days of my on-site interview

Interview Question – How would you go about improving Mattel's online presence?   Answer Question

Marketing

The process took a day - interviewed at Mattel in May 2009.

Interview Details – Roughly 6 (1:1) interviews. Took the entire day. Interviewers that were from the department would ask skill related questions. Some of the interviewers were more friendly, others were very cold.

Interview Question – What would you propose as the toy that would be "the next big thing"? What features would it have? How would you go about marketing it?   Answer Question

Marketing

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Mattel in April 2008.

Interview Details – Just a one-hour interview.

Interview Question – Describe how you have overcome a difficult experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Mattel? Contribute to the Community!