Mattel

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mattel.

I corresponded back and forth with the employee who referred me about "dumbing down" my resume in order to earn what was being characterized as a lower level position. I then spoke briefly on the phone to the the manager, followed by just one in-person meeting with both the manager and the individual I would be replacing.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember either. It was a great meeting, though I had some concerns about the relatively high level of complexity of the job, required experience and tasks in relation to the very low salary structure.   Answer Question
I felt the initial offer was incredibly low and out of touch with industry standards. Ultimately they came up to what I would consider a minimum acceptable offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Mattel

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mattel in November 2010.

I was contacted by an employee who was just finishing her time at Mattel, and looking to find her replacement (she was a friend of a friend.) I had my first interview with her at a Starbucks and then had another 2 interviews after that (one with my direct supervisor, and then another with the director of the division as well as the VP.)

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really anything out of the ordinary-the one that threw me the most was when I was asked about my age. I'd listed my graduation year on my resume, and the VP asked me "How old are you 20? How do you have any experience?" This was in the final round of interviews-so I felt like I really had to prove myself.   View Answer