Mattersight

Mattersight Entry Level Software Engineer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Mattersight in July 2011.

Process consisted of recruiter screening, a series of three phone interviews lasting about an hour each, and half a day on site. On site interview included a personality and IQ screening, lunch with three supervisors of different levels and a one on one technical interview.

Overall the process was pleasant. Everyone was quite friendly. One of the phone interviewers was quite difficult to communicate with. He seemed to be waiting to hear buzz words rather than digesting my responses. I had prepared for the onsite interview by reviewing technologies and ideas the company uses. This preparation was suggested.

The actual interview , however, pulled from corners of my resume not related to what I was told to expect. The interviewer did not seem comfortable with these technologies and often jumped around and was inconsistent with what he was asking of me. I was also quite surprised when one of the company executives asked me during lunch about my marital status. Wife? Kids?

Interview Questions
  • Asked me to write a simple for loop printing different messages for different multiples.   View Answer