Matthews International

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.5

Senior Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Matthews International in January 2014.

I applied online and was called in for an interview. Most of the interview was more a boastful presentation of the company than actual targeted questions about my skills and experience. I got the impression that as soon as I said I didn't have much experience with sales I was immediately no longer a viable candidate, even though many of my skills would have easily transfered. The interviewer sat reclined back in his chair with his hands behind his head and spit flying out of his mouth while he bragged about how he built the company from a small office in a small town and drew a map of it on the back of my resume. I was completely appalled at the lack of professionalism and level of disrespect and I felt intimidated and small. I was also told there were a few other more qualified candidates, but the position still remained open for over a year later. Needless to say, I'm happy I found a better fit.

Manager of Talent Programs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Matthews International in May 2013.

Went through an external recruiter and was interviewed by VP. Never heard a word from Matthews or the recruiter. I guess I can assume I didn't get the job. :)

Inside Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Matthews International in February 2012.

Fill out application online and/or come in to fill out company application. Standard face to face interview with possible phone interview as follow up.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Matthews International in April 2010.

I went thru 4 interviews with analysts and PMs on the investment staff. Basically, the typical IM interview, tell me about yourself, what stocks have you invested in before, what stocks do you like. They also had me do a financial analysis of an unnamed company.