Matthews International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.3

Crematory Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apopka, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Matthews International (Apopka, FL).

Interview

Process took a month. One phone interview basic personality questions, etc. 2 weeks later they flew me to Orlando, had a rental car and hotel for me. I stayed 4 days. Flew home and they already had shipped my new tool kit to my home in Ohio. Started training that following week.

Interview Questions

• for this job you will be traveling every week. Some jobs are cake and will me done in 5-6 days. Others may take weeks. How long can you be out on the job without being home sick?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need they hit me with a great hourly rate plus per deim. My base came in at 55k, I actually hit 62k on my w2

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matthews International (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Relatively easy. I submitted my resume through my university's career center and was contacted about 1.5 weeks later through email to come in for an in-person interview. Once I arrived at their main office, I sat in a conference room with the hiring manager, one of the VPs, and another intern. The interview was set in a way where we went around the table and each person asked a question (they had mostly behavioral/resume questions on a sheet of paper) and when it was my turn, I had the opportunity to ask them a question. Nothing too complicated, and it took less than an hour. I heard back that same day.

Interview Questions

• Why Matthews International? Do you understand what industry we are in? What do you hope to gain from this internship? What is your favorite animal?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Matthews International (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Process Consisted of phone screen, testing and on site interview. Results of the testing are critical to moving forward in the process. Interview questions were specific to position and not very difficult.

Interview Questions

Too many red flags during the process. Stay as far away from this company as possible

Senior Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matthews International (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview. Most of the interview was more a boastful presentation of the company than actual targeted questions about my skills and experience. I got the impression that as soon as I said I didn't have much experience with sales I was immediately no longer a viable candidate, even though many of my skills would have easily transfered. The interviewer sat reclined back in his chair with his hands behind his head and spit flying out of his mouth while he bragged about how he built the company from a small office in a small town and drew a map of it on the back of my resume. I was completely appalled at the lack of professionalism and level of disrespect and I felt intimidated and small. I was also told there were a few other more qualified candidates, but the position still remained open for over a year later. Needless to say, I'm happy I found a better fit.

Manager of Talent Programs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Matthews International (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Went through an external recruiter and was interviewed by VP. Never heard a word from Matthews or the recruiter. I guess I can assume I didn't get the job. :)

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matthews International in February 2012.

Interview

Fill out application online and/or come in to fill out company application. Standard face to face interview with possible phone interview as follow up.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Matthews International in April 2010.

Interview

I went thru 4 interviews with analysts and PMs on the investment staff. Basically, the typical IM interview, tell me about yourself, what stocks have you invested in before, what stocks do you like. They also had me do a financial analysis of an unnamed company.